5511 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

More about Forest Dunes Resort

Loved Forest Dunes Resort

Forest Dunes is the BEST!!! - My 5th time staying there, and I've never been disappointed. The manager, Phil, and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about Myrtle Beach & activities available. The beach was absolutely gorgeous, not crowded at all. I actually went swimming in the ocean and it was late September. I stayed in Unit 1007, a king-size, ocean view unit, and what a view! The unit was clean, spacious, and had a fully equipped kitchen. My mornings were spent on the balcony with my coffee and my evenings were spent on the balcony looking at the night lights. I can't wait to go back, and hated to leave. I would definitely recommend Forest Dunes to anyone looking for nice accommodations in a quiet section of Myrtle Beach. Thanks again for a pleasurable stay! AAA++++

We loved Forest Dunes

We lucked-out this time at Forest Dunes. We were assigned a great condo on the 11th floor with an ocean view. The view was very good from both the front and rear of the condo. The road between the building and the beach does indeed exist; but it was really not an issue. In fact, the vehicles and activity on the curve in the road provided us some free entertainment at night to the sound of the surf, and it also provides a smooth sidewalk along the dunes for our daily walks. The condo was clean and well maintained. The carpeting on the balcony needed some cigarette burns repaired and the "white" plastic chairs on the balcony were quite mildewed and needed to be "bleached" or replaced. There were two bathrooms and it was a treat to get two toilets which operated flawlessly for a change. The shower had a hand-held spray to supplement the shower head. That was a first for me at a hotel and it was a nice touch. At times, the elevators were a bit slow. Aside from the minor problems mentioned above, it was a great stay. We will definitely return to Forest Dunes.

Loved Forest Dunes

This was our first stay at Forest Dunes and my first visit to Myrtle Beach, but it won't be my last! The room was very clean and had gorgeous decorations. I couldnt believe the size, the only thing to say is HUGE. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo on the 18th floor, room 1801. It was ocean view and what a view it had! We were all more than pleased and are already planning our return visit.
It was on the July 4th weekend so parking was a bit tricky, but nothing that we had any major problems with. The road that some were talking about is just a little road, a hop skip and jump to the beach. All and all we had an awesome time and would definetly be going back.

Forest Dunes - Not what was expected

by TripAdvisor Member Beachn

Our family just returned from a long weekend at Forest Dunes. They advertise ocean front and they are but, you have to cross a street to get to the ocean. Another thing is that they say they have a nice wide beach..... Well, I have to disagree. The beach is nice and wide if you hit at low tide (first thing in the am or after dark). The beach is really quite crowded since the water comes up so far and they have the chairs and umbrellas that are rented all set up (and not used). People were just about laying on each other. I felt like I was at a concert!

The rooms were ok and pretty clean and the maid service seemed to be on the ball while we were there. They came every morning just as we were going out and cleaned and left clean towels for us. They were out cleaning the pool every morning but, the 4 days we were there the water was very cloudy. The hot tub and lazy river were great! These both were the place to be!

Overall, it was ok. I would probably not stay there again since I have a small child and it was a pain trying to keep a hold of him and all the stuff they require to cross the street to the beach.

by louise1928 about Forest Dunes Resort

Its been 4 years since we were there, however, our rate per night, 1st week in August, $109.00 per night. Very spacious 1 and 3 bedroom condos...The only downside (and I did mention it to the front desk), Our sofa bed left much to be desired, however, the unit was kept very clean...

Forest dunes, 08/2005, Below Par

Compared to what I read and saw, the first impression was dissapointing.The elevator service was fair, the balcony chairs and window trimmings were dirty. The maids were quite good, and the handy man was good too. I like the location, especially the proximity to the beach.

Will I be staying here again--- NO

NJ

Absolutely Amazing Views

After leaving a hotel down the street due to horrible reviews and disgusting accomodations we were thrilled to come upon Forest Dunes. We had an incredible condo on the 15th floor with amazing views from ocean to forest. The front desk employee even went as far as to give us the key to check out the unit before deciding if we would like to use it for the night. The hotel pool, halls, and elevators were clean and you can't beat the location. This was a truly fabulous one night getaway for the four of us!

The best of Myrtle Beach

I couldn't have asked for any more from this hotel. The service was good. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The rooms are like apartments. The hotel is across the street from the beach, but it is not really a big deal. When you think about it, you still have to walk across a bridge or something at an oceanfront hotel to get to the beach. The hotel is on the far side of North Myrtle Beach so there is not a lot of traffic anyway. There was plenty of room for everyone on the beach who was there. Keep in mind that I went during Labor Day, so this was a busy time at the beach.

The pools are great. The have a big pool, kiddie pool, lazy river, a jacuzzi, and an inside pool. They also have a mini sports bar that serves food and drinks.

To sum it all up, Forest Dunes is an exceptional hotel. It is not within walking distance of the main strip, so if you want to be a part of all of the hustle and bustle I would not recommend this hotel for you. However, if you are more like me and don't like areas that are overcrowded, this is the hotel for you. You can always drive up the street, park, and walk down the strip if you want to.

Best Value in Mrytle Beacg

Stayed in 3bd/2b oceanfront (1705). Upscale furnishings. Oceanfront from living room and all bedrooms. Friendly staff. Quiet section of beach. Plan to stay there next year.

it's okay

we stayed at this hotal in april 2004. The only thing I feel I must share with you all is that every morning my family and I would go out shopping . One afternoon when we returned the cleaning ladies had finished cleaning our room when we noticed that our door was not shut properly.The ladies were at the end of the rooms on the same floor , but that still meant that our door was not closed. Nothing went missing but we were very relieved that we came back at that time. I think all the doors should have dead bolt locks on them. The doors are pretty beat up. Also we thought that the road would be a issue, but it wasn't. We did enjoy ourselves but we are trying another hotel this spring. maybe we will return in 2006.

JeanetteJeanette

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?

anywhere we want to beanywhere we want to be

Comments