3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Booking.com Venere.com getaroom.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 102% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• Nice hotel, rude guests

This hotel is new, clean, is right on the beach and is a good value, however in all my years of traveling, I have never seen such a rude group of 'adults' at a breakfast buffet.

Here was the scene at the breakfast buffet. People were reaching in front of you to get their food. Never once did I hear the words 'please', 'excuse me'. One lady even glared at me because I was in her way when she was trying to get coffee. I could understand if it was a bunch of teenagers, but this was all adults.

The hotel must accept responsibility for this. They have two breakfast areas in the hotel and one of them was closed. A lot of people were trying to get into a small space. I asked a staff member if people always behaved like this, or if this was an aberration. She said that this was how people behaved all the time there.

If this is how adults behave in the number one ranked hotel in Myrtle Beach, I don't want to know how they behave in other lower rated hotels.

This is a good hotel, however because of the rudeness of the guests, I will not be going back, nor can I recommend it.

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront

Trip Advisor Steered Us Right - Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront

My family spent June 13th-17th in Myrtle Beach. We stayed in a Hampton Inn/Oceanfront suite. We could not have been more impressed with the location and accomodations provided. This property, on the southern end of the beach, took us away from the "downtown" crowd and over-commercialized area of Myrtle Beach -something we desired as a family-yet was close to area attractions we did want to visit such as the aquarium/Broadway at the Beach, putt putt golf, nice dining and shopping options, etc.
Having been to Myrtle Beach several times as a child and a mother, I wanted to afford our young grandson a nice, family-oriented vacation spot and we got just what we bargained for -thanks to Trip Advisor. This Hampton Inn had very clean rooms, good service, adequate and convenient parking, an array of clean swimming pools for both young and old, a small playground next to the pools, and easy access to the beach and ocean. The complimentary buffet breakfast was good -as it always is at Hampton Inns. The suite we stayed in with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, full kitchen, and oceanfront large balcony with rocking chairs was just perfect for our group of four adults and one young child.
The other vacationers staying at the Hampton Inn were mostly families, too. All were very friendly. There were many adorable children for our own grandson to play with.
A great time was had by all and many lasting memories were made. Kudos to Hampton Inn Oceanfront. We will definitely stay there on our next trip to Myrtle Beach!!!!

A Satisified Customer

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay in Hampton Inn Ocean Front in downtown Myrtle Beach!
We knew we could get a room for less at other places but we have been going yearly to Myrtle Beach for 20 years, more than once we have been disappointed. But not this year. We had a wonderful Oceanfront Lobby Level Room, Very clean, very quiet, there were only two rooms on that end of the motel. we could walk out every morning to breakfast and walk to the pool without ever getting on the elevator. No noise, we slept wonderful, the lazy river was clean and fun, the chairs at the pool were plenty, but my favorite was the rocking chairs on the deck, I spent many hours reading my book in those chairs.
The clean rooms and curteous staff were worth the extra dollars, this will be my pick for years to come.

A nice glowing purple motel just down south on the beach that carries about the same price cannot compare to these folks.

Thanks again for making my vacation to rest a joy.

Loved the Hampton Inn & Suites, Oceanfront

by TripAdvisor Member RUBY

My cousin (from Buffalo NY) and I recently visted Myrtle Beach from 5/2/04 - 05/07/04 and had the opportunity to stay the Hampton Inn & Suites (Oceanfront location). We were so impressed! We were treated like royality from the day the shuttle picked us up at the Airport til the day we departed. We have not one complain about the hotel. The hotel was spotless. We had a wonderful housekeeper (Mary) for our room (1214).The contential breakfast was amazing. ( I gained 6 lbs) I'll try to list some things, sausage and biscuits, egg, waffles, french toast stick, assorted muffins, Krsipy Creme donuts! fresh fruit, Bagels, yogurt, every day Monday - Friday. You just can't beat it. Fresh cookies are put out at the front desk every day at 4PM. They consist of Choc. Chip, Sugar, Oatmeal w/ raisins and WARM!I just can't say enough about this hotel. Try it, you'll love it. We can't wait to go back to Myrtle Beach, especially to stay at The Hampton Inn & Suite, Oceanfront location.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lovethewaves

We stayed at the Hampton Inn over spring break the third week of April. We normally rent a condo for the week, but decided to try a hotel and enjoy the maid service. It was one of the best decisions we have made. The inn is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are equipped with a mini refridgerator and microwave. We reserved an oceanfront room. There are two beautiful rockingchairs on each patio. It's wonderful to sit and rock with drink in hand looking at the ocean or reading. It is worth the extra money for oceanfront. The pool is very clean and there are plenty of loungers.

The inn offers a continental breakfast. There is fresh fruit daily with lots of pastries, toast, muffins, cereal, also eggs, sausage, and waffles some mornings. We normally enjoyed breakfast at the inn, went down to the beach for the day and went out to dinner or for take out each evening.

Go the the Hampton Inn, you won't be sorry.

Absolutely heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member pokismom

I didn't want to leave! We just returned home from a week at the Hampton Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. It was beautiful. The view was magnficent. I woke every morning to see the sunrise over the ocean. Rocking chairs on each balcony were perfect for coffee and the free paper in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening. Good vicinity, too. It is south of the strip but not far from anywhere. Breakfast was great. Hot food evry day. My family insists on staying at the Hampton Inn and this one is the best!

the Best Spot

Excellant

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton from July4- 8. The staff was friendly from the beginning. We had a problem with the frig and called the front desk. It was taken care of in about 10 min. Not only did they fixed it, but they called later to make sure everything was going well. I loved the easy access to the beach, pool, parking deck. Nice hotel all around. Would I stay again. Yes Yes Yes, I have found a new spot for vacationing.

Can't wait to go back!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Blueskypartners

July 3-11, 2004. We loved this place and for the record we are picky. We have added some constructive criticism in our review in order to be fair. We stayed for 8 nights and were never disappointed. All the hotel staff was extremely friendly, helpful and professional.

The hotel's lobby, dining area, terrace and guest rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. The breakfast buffet was amazing. There was a large variety of food and drinks, and it was always restocked quickly. The hotel could make a big improvement by adding two or three more dining tables with chairs. We found that after 8:30am it was often difficult to find a table. We loved the 24-hour coffee and the 4pm freshly baked cookies.

We stayed in a regular room for two nights, which was nicely decorated and clean although a little on the small side. We moved to a suite when it became available, which was equally clean, beautifully decorated and very spacious. Both had quiet and effective A/C. No musty or mildew smells in either room. We also appreciated the comfortable pillow-top mattresses, fresh, clean cotton linens, fluffy white towels, and the rocking chairs on all the balconies.

Our rooms were always promptly and nicely cleaned. They even vacuumed the balcony. Housekeeping always supplied us with enough towels, shampoo, etc. We were never left wanting for anything.

The pools were clean and warm. Pool towels were provided for hotel guests. The hotel could make a couple of improvements here by adding a few more inner tubes for the lazy river (5 is not enough) and a comfortable handle on the pool-deck shower’s pull chain would be appreciated.

The access to the beach from the pool area was nice, not too far to walk. The beach was also perfect, never too crowded, even on the July 4th weekend.

The covered parking on the premises was nice and convenient. The laundry machines were also a great bonus.

Elevator waits were often frustratingly long, but we understand that this is not an easy thing to fix.

We will definitely go back to this hotel.

So glad we stayed here.

I am so thankful for this website and that I was able to get a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom oceanfront suite at your #1 recommended hotel for this area.
This hotel is excellent. The suite was large, very comfortable and beautifully furnished. It is extremely clean--no unpleasant surprises. The central air kept the room temp perfect and did not have the loud fan noise most air conditioners do. The beach was quiet and private. The other hotel guests were families with children like my own and there was a quiet respectful air about everyone as they appreciated the beautiful facilities and enjoyed the pools, lazy river and oceanfront amenities. The "backyard" of the hotel has a lawn area with hammocks, children's play area, many lounge chairs and beautiful tropical landscaping. From the balcony we could see the other hotels with their parking lots and pool areas that in no way compared to the beautiful paradise we were in. We travelled 700 miles and chose to stay oceanfront as opposed to oceanview or across the street from the ocean. It may have cost a little more but it was worth it. We stayed from 7/13-7/17 and will definately stay here again.

Best Vacation Ever

I've stayed at many hotles over the years at Myrtle. This has been the best ever!! Very clean and a nice and friendly staff. Breakfast was great, just needed more tables in the beautiful area where it was served. Can't wait to stay there again next time.

Comments