Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort at Kingston Plantation

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort at Kingston Plantation

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member Irishfootball

I don't know where the people who wrote the bad reviews are used to staying, but this is one of the best. The rooms, pool area, employees, everything is top notch. I booked my room on priceline and was treated like I paid full price.

Great Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member nocman

What a relief after reading all of the reviews. My wife and I bid on priceline for a room that started in early May (the weekend bike week started.) I think we paid $60 a night (minus taxes and small fee). We then went to tripadviser and read the reviews. I was really worried that this place was going to be a dump. But I was pleasently suprised.

I have paid alot more per night for a hotel that wasn't even in the ballpark of this one. It was very clean and very fresh. I would stay here again without any fear. The beach was clean and calm. The pool area was nice with a refreshment area and outside resturant. I give this hotel a thumbs up and a congrats to Hilton for obviously turning this place completely around!!

It was Okay

It was not as bad as the reviews stated before me. I had read them after I made my reservation and was a bit hesitant to say the least about staying here.

If I had not gotten my deal from Hotwire and paid full price for the room I would have been upset. It was worth the $71.00 a night we paid and not a penny more.

It really is not a 4 star hotel. The location to the beach was good, the pool area is great. The room was okay.

For the location and if I could get another price like I did I would consider staying here again.

The staff when I check in was great (Vera was wonderful) the staff when I check out was very very very very rude!!!!!! A word of advise to the staff IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB THEN QUIT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WANT TO WORK!!!

Super helpful staff, great view and away from all of the noise and crowd

by TripAdvisor Member SirLunchAlot

Great view! Spotlessly clean room with comfortable air, nice balcony and convinient layout. Great beach access and plenty of parking. Front desk staff more than accomodating to our requests.
One bad note: stay away from the outdoor lunch restaurant as the salads were made of the oldest, nastiest lettuce I have ever been served and the burgers were bland.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member drbench400

Stayed at the Hilton Resort June 27-July2, 2004. My wife and i were very pleased with this hotel. Nicely appointed room with a good view of the ocean. Staff was helpful when we requested a room on a lower floor after checking into a high floor room. Poolside bar was nice. Would recommend for anyone staying in Myrtle Beach.

Great Hotel, beautiful location, great views !!!

by TripAdvisor Member CraiginColorado

This is a great hotel. We got our room on "Hotwire" for $129.00, most room that night were $209.00 (July 3rd). Every room at this hotel has a great view of the ocean. Our room was on the 15th floor. The front door overlooked the city and the patio view over looked the ocean! So we had the best of both worlds. If we had to do it over, I would have book this room for July 4th. The fireworks would have been great!
This hotel must have straigthen up, the past review were terrible, now they are all rated 5's.

Excellent!!

Having stayed at many places in MB over the last 2 decades, I was pleasantly suprised at the experience we just had at the Hilton over the week of July 4. Read several of the reviews on here was a bit cautious - guess these folks have never really stayed at MB. The town is starting to get more upscale with becoming the golf capital of the world, but is still making the transition from Spring Break destination. As such, not many big chains on site, much less a 4 star hotel. The Hilton lacks a bit of the refinement you may get at Hilton Head or Savannah, but for MB, really raises the bar. Nice, well-kept facility, considering it occupies the 20 year old former Wyndham location, convenient to everything, attentive trustworthy staff, very reasonably priced and very family oriented. Highly recommend, you won't be disappointed.

Not Impressed!

by TripAdvisor Member Marcelina3

Where do I begin? Stayed here July 16-18, 2004. This hotel must be old! Hotel is located right on the beach and offers their guests access to Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation amenities next door. The rooms are in dire need of help. Carpet needed to be vacuumed, massive amounts of mold on the bathroom ceiling and some in the room area. Bedspread and sheets were dirty (bloodstains?) and had to be changed IMMEDIATELY!!! Staff was VERY nice and house keeping was EXTREMELY accommodating. The room had a small fridge, a microwave hidden in a cabinet in the entertainment stand (we thought they were drawers), a coffee maker next to the bathroom, and iron and board. The balcony is VERY small, but EVERY room seemed to have a nice view of the beach. There is a swimming pool, jacuzzi, and cabana area (the red headed female bartender makes a great Cosmopolitan). At night, the beach area near the Hilton is TOTALLY lit, with beach patrol through the night - great perk! During our stay, the entire hotel was booked due to many reunions and a wedding. At $189 a night for 2 DBL beds, I will never stay here again! I will definitely stick with Kingston Plantation's Brighton Towers.

Visit from England

by TripAdvisor Member Northdowns

Had a great holiday. Our room was clean and well maintained. Great service from all the staff. Food excellent. The pool could be a little bigger and the doors of the room could shut easier.
Would stay here again.

Stayed July 24-July 31

We got our rooms for $70 a night on hotwire and that was the only deal with this hotel. Housekeeping is very slow to clean rooms. The housekeepers were friendly but understaffed. We had the card stating we wanted the beds changed two days in a row on the pillows as directed and both nights their were still sand in the sheets. The room was freezing the thermostat didn't work for the a/c so tons of condensation on everything. We had multiple problems with our room but they were quick to fix everything. We purchased two rooms for our stay in Feb. called them directly and requested rooms together throughout entire stay we were on separate floors. No attempt to correct. No personal coolers due to some "carolina law" allowed in pool area so they want $6 a drink. Keep your cooler on the beach and get drinks when you need them for the pool. Excellent proximity to beach. $6.00 for a kids meal in beach cafe- outrageous for peanut butter and jelly. Somewhat pricey and average food. They advertise a starbucks in the lobby. It is a small cafe that brews starbucks coffee - not the same. Free live entertainment 1-5 in pool area was great. Trip to embassy suites for splash pool park worth the 5-10 minute walk - fun for adults too. Would only stay here again for the cheap rate. Their published rate of $179 is outlandish.

negotiating a deal while on vacationnegotiating a deal while on vacation

Blues PatrolBlues Patrol

The PavilionThe Pavilion

IS MARCH A GOOD TIME TO VISIT?

by belle_n

HI! I want to know if the second week of March can be a good time to visit the coast? around what temperature is at that time?
What can you recomend to do in this state?

by wachman

In southern South Carolina, you may get some warm weather that time of year. The water temp will be far too cold for swimming. Temperatures vary greatly at this time of year. I would say probably from 50-70 degrees for highs. If you golf there are a multitude of courses. There is also some very good fishing. I hope this helps a little. If you wait two weeks you can guarantee warm weather.

by ChiOBambi

The temps in SC around March are still relatively cool compared to say around June/July. Definitely bring a sweater to keep the chill away.

As far as what to do, there are lots to do around the coastal area. Golf, as previously mentioned, is one option. Shoppingwise, there are outlets that you can check out for bargains. I always recommend Charleston if you're interested in touring an area.

Good luck,
Bambi

by mjw703

March temps in SC can be warm during the day, from 60's to 70's and cool at night, around 50's or so. March is a great time to go since the weather is good, and it's not too crowded (unless it's spring break/Easter week). I think it's too cold to swim though. Which part of the coast would you like to see. Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head and Charleston are very popular places, but I would recommend Charleston. It's a nice old city with a lot of good restaurants, tourist sights, history and good nightlife.

by Docu2001

South Carolina ... the Charleston area in particular ... is magical. The city was the center of culture and commerce in 17th and 18th century America. The first theatre in the United States was in Charleston and even today in the Spring, the Spoleto Festival features world-class artists doing new dramatic and musical works. There are some amazing Plantations that are open to the public where rice and indigo were grown long before cotton became the primary cash crop. The blue indigo (the same dye used in denim) was used to tint paint and in some of the very old houses you can still see the faint blue walls - colored like the reflection of a summer sky. There are beaches on nearby Edisto Island where at this time of year you can rent an entire house for under $1000 a week ... The coastline in the southern part of the state is filled with ghost stories and legends and voodoo ... Go with a friend, rent a car and explore.

Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach or Jekyll Island...any ideas?

by kirsten67

I am looking at going for a 4 day vacation to the beach in August. I will be going with my 7 year old daughter. I am looking for a fairly uncommercialized place to spend some time together to relax...playing at the beach, swimming at a nice pool, going for walks and bike rides, enjoying some wildlife (dolphins, etc.), collecting sea shells and eating out at some nicer restaraunts (no fast food or chains preferably)...basically just a relaxing low key vacation.
We will be coming from Ohio and would like to drive (less than 10 hrs) but could also fly if needed. I have heard good things about North Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or Jekyll Island. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we should go? We have done the Outer Banks and Virginia Beach in the past and would like to do something different. I am also open to any other places...maybe even closer to home?

by smolakid

Hello, I never been to Myrtle Beach, been to Jekyll Is. once many years
ago. However, I've been to Hilton Head almost every year for the past
20 yrs. My brother has a time share in Sea Pines Plantation, one of the
8-10 planned communities w/in Hilton Head.
There are plenty of great restaurants with good views of the ocean or
facing the Intercoastel Waterway on the western side.
The beach is about 12 miles long and wide as a football field during
low tide and hard enough to ride bikes on. There are plenty of shaded
bike trials all over the island and some out in the open sun.
Activities include golfing, tennis, canueing, boating, horseback riding,
shopping galore, parasailing and concerts almost every night. Good blues,
jaz, rock, dancing every thing anyone could possibly desire during their
vacation. Go to visithiltonhead.com in the internet or just "google"
Hilton Head and check out all the things this place has to offer.

by kirsten67

Thanks for the reply. I have actually narrowed it down to either Jekyll Island or Wild Dunes resort at Isle of Palms in SC. Any ideas?

I am considering Wild Dunes because it looks like they have lots and lots of activities for families to do, but am concerned about it being too crowded. Has anyone been there? is it too crowded to still enjoy nature? are there bike paths for my 7 yr old and I to bike on?

If Jekyll Island, where should we stay? we want to be on the beach, with a nice pool and possibly with a few children's activities, etc.

by golfermarjan

Hey you can get good deals on Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach on http://hiltonhead.golfersguidetravel.com.

They also have a Myrtle Beach Section.

Comments