Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 1632 reviews

Not a family hotel!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 21, 2010

My wife and I recently spent our 4th wedding anniversary at the Holiday Inn Pavilion in Myrtle Beach, in an Ocien front suite. We wanted a change from our regular hotel and decided on this one at the last minute. When booking the room over the phone, one of the questions that I asked about was parking on site or off site (across the street). I was told that they had plenty of parking right at the hotel and also had overflow parking off site. On arrival I found there to be only 8-10 parking spots on the same side of the road as the hotel and not only that the off site parking was small and there was another lot the next block over ( where I had to park)!
Our room was found with a foul oder and lacking some of the personal touches we were used to. The hall ways were small and often crowded also. On Friday we found the only outdoor pool to be VERY crowded with alot of adults heavily drinking and very rambunctious. All day long this continued with things being thrown from balconies, littered with empty beer cans and several arguments at a loud level. These people had their children out there, but I counted several parents making their children stay within the indoor area because of it. Needless to say, we never enter the outside pool, because my wife was terrified. Saturday, the next day, we got out around 8am to maybe beat that crowd, to find every chair had a towel drapped over it and after 30 minutes of no one showing up, I moved two towels, to find myself being cussed at by a large tatooed man that said they were saved. So, to avoid confrontation I appologized and we went back to our room. The two chairs we had chosen, nor the stupid guy didn't even get used or show up until well over an hour later. Now that stinks!
I'm not one to complain, but when we went to check out the lady asked " how was your stay?", I told her and all she done was look away and then hand me my receipt saying " have a good day'. Why ask if you don't really care? We learned a very valuable leason this weekend and we will know for our next trip.
Bottom line: Family hotel? I think not! Maybe the time of year and they will allow anything to fly? If you want to party, fight, and feel overwhelmed and pressured then this my be your stop. Good luck to you all and happy vacationing.

Unique Quality: *Yes, it is on the beach, but so are hundreds of others.
*The new boardwalk and Pier 14 are very nice.
*They say 5 pools, but only have 1- lazy river, 1-indoor pool, 1-(very old) hot tub, and 1- small outdoor pool. You do the math?!
*NO PARKING. very poor lighting and security in parking lots.
*Shower in our ocien front suite poured out all over the floor (bad design) and made the bathroom floor dangerous, it had no floor drain had to soak up the water after each shower!
*Free breakfast was terrible! Hard peacan rolls, small hard bagels, store baught doughnut holes, frozen waffles and fruitloop cereal.
*Staff seems to not care about guests concerns.

Right on the Beach !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 30, 2005

Hotel was Clean and Comfortable. Provided a crib for our 5 month old. Entire staff was courteous and friendly. Stayed in ocean front tower suite. Pd. $110/night . Would reccomend to others.

Unique Quality: Enjoyed the heated Lazy River. Right on the beach.

Directions: On Ocean Blvd. Less than a block from pavillion.

Nearby Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

• Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
  • Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn
  • Holiday Inn At The Pavilion Hotel Myrtle Beach

Address: 1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Amenities at Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews