Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Travelocity Booking.com holidayinnresort

• Not a family hotel!

My wife and I recently spent our 4th wedding anniversary at the Holiday Inn Pavilion in Myrtle Beach, in an Ocien front suite. We wanted a change from our regular hotel and decided on this one at the last minute. When booking the room over the phone, one of the questions that I asked about was parking on site or off site (across the street). I was told that they had plenty of parking right at the hotel and also had overflow parking off site. On arrival I found there to be only 8-10 parking spots on the same side of the road as the hotel and not only that the off site parking was small and there was another lot the next block over ( where I had to park)!
    Our room was found with a foul oder and lacking some of the personal touches we were used to. The hall ways were small and often crowded also. On Friday we found the only outdoor pool to be VERY crowded with alot of adults heavily drinking and very rambunctious. All day long this continued with things being thrown from balconies, littered with empty beer cans and several arguments at a loud level. These people had their children out there, but I counted several parents making their children stay within the indoor area because of it. Needless to say, we never enter the outside pool, because my wife was terrified. Saturday, the next day, we got out around 8am to maybe beat that crowd, to find every chair had a towel drapped over it and after 30 minutes of no one showing up, I moved two towels, to find myself being cussed at by a large tatooed man that said they were saved. So, to avoid confrontation I appologized and we went back to our room. The two chairs we had chosen, nor the stupid guy didn't even get used or show up until well over an hour later. Now that stinks!
    I'm not one to complain, but when we went to check out the lady asked " how was your stay?", I told her and all she done was look away and then hand me my receipt saying " have a good day'. Why ask if you don't really care? We learned a very valuable leason this weekend and we will know for our next trip.
    Bottom line: Family hotel? I think not! Maybe the time of year and they will allow anything to fly? If you want to party, fight, and feel overwhelmed and pressured then this my be your stop. Good luck to you all and happy vacationing.

Unique Quality: *Yes, it is on the beach, but so are hundreds of others.
    *The new boardwalk and Pier 14 are very nice.
    *They say 5 pools, but only have 1- lazy river, 1-indoor pool, 1-(very old) hot tub, and 1- small outdoor pool. You do the math?!
    *NO PARKING. very poor lighting and security in parking lots.
    *Shower in our ocien front suite poured out all over the floor (bad design) and made the bathroom floor dangerous, it had no floor drain had to soak up the water after each shower!
    *Free breakfast was terrible! Hard peacan rolls, small hard bagels, store baught doughnut holes, frozen waffles and fruitloop cereal.
    *Staff seems to not care about guests concerns.

• Right on the Beach !

Hotel was Clean and Comfortable. Provided a crib for our 5 month old. Entire staff was courteous and friendly. Stayed in ocean front tower suite. Pd. $110/night . Would reccomend to others.

Unique Quality: Enjoyed the heated Lazy River. Right on the beach.

Directions: On Ocean Blvd. Less than a block from pavillion.

More about Holiday Inn At The Pavilion

Everything just fine

Our family just returned from Myrtle Beach and spent 6 days at the Holiday Inn/Pavilion. Great location!! Not a single problem with room or service.

A hotel that should be rated two stars instead of 3 stars

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When we return to Myrtle Beach next year, we will stay somewhere else!
The room's carpet and floors were dirty! Everything was very old and the mattresses were in need of replacement. The best thing about our room was the view of the ocean. We were near the Pavillion, but that was about it. The restaurants nearby (Pier 14) were horrible. The parking for guests were very limited.

I have traveled a great deal and the 3 star rating that is given to this hotel is out of line. It is more like a 1.5 - 2.0 star rating.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming on vacation to Myrtle Beach!

Holiday Inn...It is what it is!!!

We have stayed at the property 3 times. It has as many positives as negatives. If you want to be close to the action, its great. Mini golf across the street. Amusement park 2 minute walk. The beach is pretty dirty because of it proximty to downtown Myrtle Beach. The public areas are not cleaned during the day, and many of the guests feel free to leave empty cans and trash around the pool area. The staff is efficent but won't go out of its way to help. The rooms are fairly clean and average in size. There are cleaner, nicer and cheaper hotels in Myrle Beach but if you want to be in the middle of it all this is the place to stay. The Holiday is what it is, a fair property with a great location. Don't set your expectations too high.

not so bad

After reading some of the really bad reviews of this hotel, I was a little worried about staying here. My husband and I arrived on Friday 8/30 for the weekend. We were met by a friendly woman named Gwendolyn who was very helpful and nice. The rooms are not very large, but comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had one of the best showers I have ever had in a hotel. Never lost hot water. Never had to ask for towels. The public areas were not so clean. The childrens pool was full of sand and there was some trash laying around. This is an ok hotel in a great location within walking distance of the Pavilion and Boardwalk. Like the previous reviewer says, do not set your expectations so high. This isn't the Four Seasons.

our family had a great time

My family was very satisfied with this hotel. We had a bad experience with another hotel the year before. So we were definitely pleased this year. I do want to thank the staff for being so friendly and helpful. We really had a great time and would like to return to see you at the holiday inn next year. Thanks again

Great place to stay for the whole family

We stayed here for 5 nights, Family of 5. 2 adults and 3 children. We had an ocean front room, Private balcony, eff. kitchen. The rooms were clean, the kitchen was great even supplied dishes, cooking utencils, dish towels. The safe in the room we liked for when we went to the beach I could keep my cell phone, purse, extra money, valuables in there. I didnt mind paying the extra 4.00 a day for that. The staff was friendly and helpfull. Free breakfast bar in the mornings. The pools were clean, the favorite for my kids was the lazy river. Then walk about 50 ft. and your at the beach. The beach was also kept very clean. From reading some reviews we thought it would be loud at night but we never heard any noise at night when we turned in. There was security walking around all the time for the hotel and parking. We liked the location of the hotel, right on the strip of shops, the pavillion amusment park, Ripleys museum, 4-d theatre, haunted houses, restaurants. And broadway at the beach was about 15 minutes away also Dixie stampede. So the location of the hotel is great. Overall, we had a great experience at Myrtle beach and the Holiday Inn at the pavillion is a great hotel to stay at.

STILL UP TO YOUR OLD TRICKS!!

Just wanted to say that the Holiday Inn is still up to its old tricks. You can tell who stays in the nice hotel as opposed to who gets the bldg adjacent to the one pictured on most websites. I believe your establishment should not be allowed to advertise anywhere. It is fraudulent at the very least. Your company has no ethics and doesn't show any kind of good business sense. I have never stayed at such a scam place before in my life. Just wanted to let you know that i did receive a refund from the company i booked my reservation from. They actually cared that I was dissatisfied. For anyone wanting to stay here, do yourself a favor and go to the Coral Beach down the street. Rooms are cheaper and nicer. They actually have rooms that are oceanfront and seem to care what their guests think.

Perfect for Fun, but not luxurious!

by TripAdvisor Member Huneyb8

I just returned from my annual trip to Myrtle Beach and this is the third time I've stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Pavillion. The staff is helpful. They were ok with us cheking in at 2:00AM and helpful in finding extra blankets etc. Spend the money to get an oceanfront room if you care about the view. The view from the front of the hotel is of parking lots, but the ocean view is really nice. The pools are clean. There's a heated lazy river inside, an indoor pool, indoor jacuzzi, outside pool, and small children's pool with waterfall. If you're not by the pool, you'll probably spend most of your time there. The location is great. You're right in central Myrtle beach and there's lots to do. The one complaint I have is parking. There never tends to be enough in their designated lots and the loading area is small. I have watched this hotel age a little every year, but overall, it's one of the better ones on the beach, that's for sure. Don't expect luxury, it is what it is, but it's lots of fun!

Comments