Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach West

101 Hard Rock Pkwy, US Highway 501, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29579, United States
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Myrtle Beach

Fishing still is here-maybe farther out to seaFishing still is here-maybe farther out to sea

Myrtle Beach From Airplane viewMyrtle Beach From Airplane view

Noel holding crab, tayler, cullen, shariNoel holding crab, tayler, cullen, shari

Police on a Power Trip in Myrtle Beach!

by KimmeeT

It sounds like you will have a good time. My husband and I were married in 2001 and spent our honeymoon in Myrtle Beach during Bike Week. We had a great time at the Beach House Bar & Bowery. Let me tell you it was my favorite place to visit until recently. We went down for week and on March 30th my husband and I were drinking AT the Beach House Bar. The Police down there are very harassing. My husband and I were just watching the kids drive up and down the strip and we were asked for license and with out a nod or explanation my husband was hauled to jail. For Public intoxication. we were just across the street from our hotel so we walked and we were drinking in a bar. He didn't get his rights read to him, no phone call and they wouldn't even tell me where to go to get him. I had to ask the front desk personnel at my hotel what to do. I finally found the Police Station the next morning and bailed him out for $175.00. They are making a lot of money off tourists and you couldn't give me a free trip with spending money, I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

RE: Police on a Power Trip in Myrtle Beach!

by Far2Fun

This is horrible. I'm from SC, and I'd hoped things had changed, but apparently not.

My best friend one remarked that it seemed the goal in SC was to have a 1:1 cop to citizen ratio; that way, they can follow you around individually and just cite you as you go throughout your day.

The sad thing is, this is the same right-wing control-freak police-state mentality that is now residing in DC ...

Oh, well. Nobody say I didn't try to warn ya ...

Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach

Take advantage of the huge...

by chasman

Take advantage of the huge amount of entertainment. For Rock fans, there is The House Of Blues and The Music Warehouse and many other cool clubs. Country fans will be at home at The Alabama Theater. Family fun can be found at Mideveal Times, Dixie Stampede, The Myrtle Beach Pavillion and tons of others. For those who enjoy clubbing - there are seemingly thousands to choose from (too many to list, really). Looking for food? Every possible sort of menu can be found in Myrtle Beach. While you're there enjoy the great radio stations too: WKZQ and WAVE 104 are excellent Rock stations. Surf 96 (?) provides great 'beach music'. Southern hospitality abounds here. Some of the nicest people in the world live here.

Broadway on the Beach. At...

by Windseekr

Broadway on the Beach. At this location, you will find and emporium of unique shops, fun restaurants, an OMNI theatre, miniature golf, and many other activities for families to enjoy. Walk about on the board walk during the day/night. Catch an evening laser show. You can even pellet feed the resident catfish. Unique fun for some, ordinary for others, but regardless, there is something for everyone.

Mom and dad at Broadway on the Beach.

Sun, Surf, Sand, and BEACH MUSIC

by etfromnc

"Growing up"

My first memories of a world outside my home and family and many of my fondest memories of all time are associated with the beaches of South Carolina. I first began to realize that my dad was something other than the guy who made all of the rules while we were on a trip to Myrtle Beach. He and I had been fishing there before but there was a weekend when I was about 10 or 12 where things just began to be different. We fished, ate some really great breakfasts, and played bingo, which I generally despise, but that was a great weekend. Other than winning my first bingo prize, a Goodyear-tire ashtray, nothing out of the ordinary happened but after it was over, my relationship with my dad was more mature than ever before.

"The Grand Strand (of the Carolinas)"

When I was growing up, Myrtle Beach and the other towns for about 40 miles up and down the coast were primarily known as summer resort towns offering warm weather in spring and fall and summers with cooling ocean breezes. While I was away in the Air Force, it almost seemed as if the Grand Strand transformed into the Grand Course. Myrtle Beach is sometimes referred to as "a golfer's discount package paradise." Starting in the 1970s, it seemed that golf courses were built faster than golfers could play them, until they topped out at over 120 in the 1990s. Unfortunately several courses and resorts have closed since the top of the boom, even before the recent recession. The good news in all of this is that you can now get better than ever discount golfing packages in the Myrtle Beach area. Give it a try!

"Beach Music"

It took returning to Charlotte after over 20 years of traveling all over the world for me to realize that Beach music probably should be a proper noun for Carolinians. If you are in the Florida Keys, beach music probably brings Jimmy Buffett to mind. In Jamaica, Bob Marley is probably the meister of beach music and of course to Californians, real or fantasized, the Beach Boys are BEACH MUSIC. In the Carolinas and to the hundreds of thousands of kids (from 7 to 70+) who flock to our beaches every year, Beach music is a style of smooth rhythm and blues that generations of beach-goers have listened, danced, and fallen in love to since shortly after World War II.
The national anthem of beach music, "Sixty Minute Man," was a hit when I first started going to Myrtle Beach for spring breaks back in high school and you still cannot be there very long without hearing it today. The march of the BEACH MUSIC crowd is the shag, a dance which our parents would not let us do but which my aunt, who lived with us, absolutely loved. The shag is actually the official state dance of South Carolina. Does your state have an official state dance? Kentucky and Texas do but I don't think that most states do. For any Brits who may read this, our shag is much different than yours.

Let's see. We went to the beach to get away from it all, right?

Comments