Holiday Sands North

400 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Holiday Sands North

A Wonderful Time At The Beach

We stayed at the Holiday Sands North for 2 weeks this summer. It was my first stay there. No, it wasn't very fancy but it was excellent for the price. You don't get a better deal anywhere else except for Walmart of course. I was very impressed with the elevator. Never have I stayed somewhere where you didn't have to wait on it-even while the housekeepers where there working. Speaking of the housekeepers, they were the most friendly we've ever had. Always willing to help open doors, hold elevators and give you an extra towel or two when needed. The location was great. You can walk to either amusement park- you're also right next to a pier if interested in fishing. And the beautiful firework displays twice a week was breathtaking. However..our only complaint was the dumpster. You walk outside the door every morning to get to the beach and you have to pass the dumpster. And what a way to start your day! We plan to visit Holiday Sands North again very soon. What great memories we have of room 522!!!!!!! and we won't even mention the memories of the balcony! lol Enjoy Holiday Sands----we did!

A little disappointed

When we arrived the staff was okay but not overly friendly. The pools were dirty. Our room was roomy for four people, but the maids were not very nice. We had a hole in the comforter on our bed and a hole in the shower curtain. I think the hotel probably needs updating a little. There was a roach crawling on the floor in front of the elevators one night. The elevators are wet and smell of mildew. The parking is across the street which is very inconvenient. I don't plan on staying here again.

Very Disappointed

My family and I had evacuated from Destin Fl and still a week of vacation left. I researched this hotel online and needless to say arranged reservations to stay here at the Holiday Sands North. We were very disappointed when arriving to Myrtle Beach. The hotel smelt like stale cigarettes and mold. The outdoor pool is in the front parking lot. Sure the room was of efficient size, but we just could not handle the stench. Unfortunately, we lost or deposit and found a much nicer stay on down the strip. I would not suggest anyone staying here unless you really have to.

very nice vacation

We stayed 10 nights and had a wonderful time. Staff was very helpful. Maid service was very good. It is an old place but well worth the price. my children and grand children (2 and 4) came and stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the pools. The pools were clean and well kept. We will be back. Date of stay was 10/18---10/28

Love it

My parents and I have been going to this hotel for 5 years....it's a great place for family and it's right in the middle of all the action. The outside pool is a great place to meet people and I enjoyed watching all the cars go by. The beds we comfy to me....I mean it's not like your bed at home...but who's going to get that expirience at any hotel. Further more....You're not in myrtle to sleep anyways. The maids are very polite and one maid even offered to braid my hair for free. The hotel is very clean and it is right off the beach. Parents should feel safe to let their kids go out on their own. It was a great expirience and I plan to continue staying there every Spring Break!

Should I Stay, Or Shoud I Go?

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 7 to 8 years, but did miss it for the last 2. I was browsing through the internet looking for a room for the summer vacation for the kids and found so many different views of this hotel. At this time, I am afraid to make reservations to stay here for 3 days. I don't like living in filth and right now I am very unsure of where I will be staying. These great hotels need to keep up their good work so that customers like me can still feel good about coming back year after year. You never want to have to keep looking everytime you go on a vacation. You should be able to stay at the same one. But if it is not kept up, it can lose business.

Not Too Good

We try to go to Myrtle Beach once a year around February when the crouds are down just to chill out for awhile. We hit this place one weekend and I have to say it was probably the worst place I have ever stayed. The lobby was crappy and stunk and when we got to the room it smelled like pee. Im betting it was from the bedspread that reaked of it. I never took my socks off when I was in the room unless I had a towel to step on. I also had to take one of my t-shirts and wrap around the pillows because I just didnt feel comfortable putting my head on anything in the room. We ventured down to the indoor spa and passed due to the green water. Nothing says bacterial infection like a spa with nasty green water. We never wanted to come back to the room and it basically ruined what could have been a nice weekend. Now maybe it was the time of year, that particular day, or just happened to be our room but it was just nasty. Im not even a clean freek either but, come on, everyone has to draw the line for nasty somewhere. This seemed like the type of hotel for the 18 year old that wanted to spend the week of drunken spring break actin a fool, pickin up chicks and peeing all over the room. Thats obviously what the people who had previously had the room did. Do yourself a favor and spend $20 extra a night and go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

I've stayed here before and will again....

We just returned from staying at Holiday Sands North. We have stayed here before and will be coming back in May to stay again. Only inconvience that we encountered was not having a microwave in the room. We did however have a refrigerator that was nice. Other than that everything was very enjoyable.

Best bang for the buck! Great place to stay!

We've stayed at Holiday Sands North at least twice a year for about the last 3 years. We were there the last weekend of april this year. We stayed in the south tower, with a A-1 room type. The carpet looked new, the hall floors looked neew also. By far this was one of the nicest rooms we've had. Everything was very clean and well arranged. The pools were very clean also. The only things that I wish they would do is:
1) shampoo / toiletries basket in rrom
2)another pool/whirlpool/lazy river out on one of the lawns facing the ocean
3)BBQ grills on the lawn
4)Leave the pool open until midnight or 1am and open it up at least by 9am. Sometimes I need the jacuzzi after walking the boulevard amusement parks!
But if I got those wishes I would be paying more. We'll be staying there more, usually go about every 3-4 months. I've made the mistake before of staying elsewhere, only to be dissapointed. Great location, decent rates, friendly staff, clean rooms and pools, restaurant on site, fitness room and arcade. Why pay more for nothing ?

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Waterbug48

This was my third visit - and most likely my last to Holiday Sands North. The outside shower at the North Tower was not working at all - no where at the North Tower to get sand off of feet, chairs, toy, etc... i used the pool . The fitness room needs some updating!!! There were 3 treadmills that did not work at all. I asked for extra towels twice - never got them. Our room (224) had a sliding door/window out to the balcony - that we could no longer use - had to walk around to get to the balcony. That was the reason I requested room 224 - VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! This was our girls annual trip to the beach - second year staying at Holiday Sands - and last. Also this was the beginning of bikers week- I really enjoyed seeing all the bikes - but seems like they got extra privileges with parking - had to park farther away because of all the trailers - and all the bikes made it difficult to have access to the entrance into the motel.

Comments