Island Vista - Myrtle Beach

6000 N. Ocean Blvd., (formerly Sea Island Inn), Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States
Island Vista
IslandVista Otel.com

More about Island Vista - Myrtle Beach

Loved the new hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member lnkj

I totally agree with the June 5 review so I won't write a novel. We did eat in the dining room for breakfast & dinner. Breakfast was wonderful, done as a meal or a la carte. I got fresh fruit (great!!), eggs, potatoes and english muffins for $8.50. Our dd got french toast $3.50. The drinks were separate but we just drank water. Dinner was pricey. Although beautifully prepared & presented, the portions were smaller than average restaurants. It was $75, before tip, for two adults, one child & 2 desserts. It was delicious!!!

Although it is not listed on their website, we met some people who stayed in a studio (microwave, mini-fridge, not full kitchen and all one room) that maybe a good option for those who want the ammenties but plan to eat out a good bit.

We thought the pools & beach area were wonderful! There is a lifeguard on the beach right outside the hotel. One thing, the shade of the building covers the entire pool area by about 3:30-4:00. By then , we were ready for the shade and of course the beach is still in full sun but I thought I would mention it.

I loved that the hotel is in a residential area. You can see other hotels down the beach but it is far enough away that you don't have people that don't belong crashing the pools, etc.
Overall, I would rate the hotel a 9. There is some minor things that they need to do such as literature on the hotel & area, bigger trash cans in the kitchen, etc. but nothing that affected our stay. I can't wait to go again!!!!!!!!!

carden get away

by TripAdvisor Member CHARLENECARDEN

We loved the condo it was clean and the furniture was nice. we rented a 3 bedroom and it was very spacious. Our son love the kiddie pool and the lazy river. we are coming back next month for the 4th July. this place is a great place to take your family.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member cleatherwoode

I found this hotel on the internet and read the reviews of the old Sea Island Inn and everyone loved the old hotel. So we booked this trip and had a wonderful time. There was 4 of us , with 2 children ages 7 and 2. They loved the kiddie pools. All together there is 3 pools shallow enough for the kids.

The hotel was new and everything was not finished yet. I think they were working on building an outside bar and grill area while we were there. Eventhough there was slight construction going on , sanding and painting it was still and enjoyable place. The pools,bathrooms, restaurant was clean.

Perfect view of the beach from all rooms. We would reccomend this place to any of our friends.

It is in a residential area and not as busy and down the beach and it is close to everything we needed.

The newest Best on the Grand Strand

by TripAdvisor Member enm007

I am in the midst of a 3-night stay at the brand-new Sea Island Inn, and I can say without hesitation that, for the most part, it has achieved the right balance between an upscale resort and a family-friendly facility, quite an elusive feat for most beach-front hotels in Myrtle Beach. Although the reopened Sea Island fancies itself as a quasi-resort, it's really a high-gloss high-rise, but with personality and charm. Some of its initial deficiencies have been outlined in previous reviews - the paint fumes are still pungent in places, they need more literature and TV channel listings in the rooms, and the sliding balcony doors need child-proof safety latches. Personally, I'm overwhelmed by the positives - spacious, clean rooms with attractive, upscale furnishings with granite counter-tops in the bathroom & kitchen; in-room DVD players; the long porch with rocking chairs looking out over the ocean; the sheltered, faux-rock aqueduct-themed kiddie pool/lazy river; the fancy dining room with a wall of windows facing the ocean; the tanning lawn; the presence of a full kitchen and clothes washer-dryer in the one-bedroom rooms. And, of course, the residential neighborhood surrounding the hotel, which gives residents wide-open beaches for a half-mile on each side. Highly recommended!

Not Luxurious

I had an awful stay at the Sea Island Inn resort. The lobby looks nice, but as soon as I entered the elevator I realized this was not a luxurious resort. The elevators had graffiti scratched into the walls. All of the hallways were under construction with stucco splotches and they were not painted. Entering my suite, the counter tops and closet shelves were covered with paint dust. I had to clean this up myself before I could use the kitchen and some closets. There were no hangers in the closets, so I tried to call the front desk but could not because the room phone was not working. There was no DVD player in the 3 bedroom suite I stayed in. No alarm clocks. No clocks in the rooms. Cell phone reception in the building is non-existent. Outside the resort on the beach was a huge street gutter drain pipe.
Along with the resort, their service was not up to par. The front desk clerk insisted that I pay an additional charge for having more than 2 adults in a 3 bedroom suite. This contradicts what their web site says that 4 adults and 2 children are allowed in a 3 bedroom suite without extra charge. I requested a suite with four beds, but was given only 3 beds, which meant two grown adults of the same gender had to share a queen bed. I requested hangers the night I arrived, but they were not brought to me until the next day after I requested for them again. The maids came to clean the paint dust the day after I arrived, yet they came at noon right when I was eating lunch. I asked them to come back at 1:30 or 2:00PM, but that is quitting time for them. Therefore, I never had my closet shelves cleaned. Throughout my entire stay the room phone was not fixed. Although, they said they would “get on it right away.”
I wanted to have a luxurious stay at a resort on the beach, but what I experienced was not luxury. I would not recommend the Sea Island Inn resort to anyone.

Great Location on the Grand Strand - We loved it.

Great place to stay. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was spacious and clean. The location was great. Close to many of the attractions, but away from the hussle & bustle. We highly recommend the Sea Island and would stay there again.

An eventful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member 5Pecks

Each year we stay at a "new" condo that just opens because we like clean rooms. Last year we stayed at the Southwinds, which was BEAUTIFUL, and wasn't far from the Sea Island on the Beach, so we watched it being built on our vacation last year. Seeing that, we made our reservations around December, with the manager(because I like to be in a room as low as possible to the ground.) Well, when speaking with the manager, she assured us that the lazy river was not under cover. Also, the tot pool was supposed to be outside, (with no cover), and with a slide. This is very important to us because I am not driving for ten hours, in the car with three children under the age of 8, to sit under a cover. When it got close to our vacation, I called again, just to make sure the lazy river and tot pool were outside. A gentleman awnsered the phone and told me they WERE NOT outside, that they were covered! (This is a week before our vacation!) My husband called back to the manager, who said "She has no idea why he would have said such a thing, because the lazy river is not completely covered". Well, when we got there, we were shocked that we were lied to. There were only two pools outside, EVERYTHING else was completely under a roof!!! We asked to speak to the manager again, and she told us that she must have misunderstood us, and that we were not obligated to stay here!! Try to find reservations in Myrtle Beach for 11 days in the middle of June! So we had to stay. The room that we were in was a 1-bedroom condo, which I must say was nice. Very clean because it was new. It also had alot of space for a 1-bedroom condo. I will agree with the other reviews, there were no coffee filters or channel programs or safety latches for the children on the balcony doors. As far as the ammenities listed on the Sea Island's website I don't know where they got the pictures, because the picture of the umbrella or mushroom with the kids standing underneath getting wet is NOT at The Sea Island, and neither is the dining room as they have it pictured on their website. The picture shows a double floor of windows, which is not at this hotel. And the pool bar was supposed to be open when we got there (like it says on their web), and it wasn't even started. You can get a margarita for $8.06! No lunch menu is available. And the day before we were leaving, the curtains over the sliding glass doors COMPLETELY fell out of the ceiling and hit my husband on the shoulder! Their response: sorry about that! (They were heavy, with a big board attached in the ceiling, it took three men to carry them out of our room, and told us that we would not have curtains until the next day sometime. While they were working getting the curtains out of our room when we were gone for the evening, our door was never even locked after they left. We came back at 11:00p.m. to find our door wide open! I have stayed at better places, and I probable will not be staying here again.

dissatisfied customer of sea island inn

My family stayed five nights at the Sea Island Inn and had no hot water in our 3 bedroom condo for two of those nights. This was after talking to the desk clerk both nights. There was no hot water in one bathroom the entire time we stayed. There was also no mirror in this bathroom. One reason I selected this resort was for the kiddie pool with slides shown on their website since I have three young children. However, no such kiddie pool with slides existed at this resort. The Sea Island Inn is high priced for what it has to offer. I would not return to this resort next
year.

Clean, Quiet, Nicely Decorated & Close to Everything

by TripAdvisor Member mintandlemon

We just returned from a very nice, seven night vacation at the Sea Island by the Beach (as it is now officially named) in Myrtle Beach. Nestled quietly in a residential section, between Barefoot Landing and the Downtown area, we found our two bedroom unit to be spacious, with a wide window in the master bedroom looking at the ocean, but not all units have this view I am told. Our balcony was also oceanfront. We did rent from a private owner, not the Inn, but had the availabilty of daily cleaning from the Sea Island staff, for an additional charge. The interior was furnished quite well, and the unit we had--even though we rented from a private owner--the furnishings were standard furnishings from what we see in most pictures of the facility. They are very well decorated. The two outdoor pools were always nice and cool--something you need during the hot Carolina summers. Another pool area is under cover and has a lazy river and overhead showers, for those who have had enough sun and desire shade. They do have an odd "patron" traffic pattern...that perhaps they will fix in time...where guests would go through the lobby..wet and drippy to and from the beach instead of using the door that goes through the pool area. It seems odd because they have a very well known restaurant that also adjoins that lobby...and the wet guests and dressed up restaurant goers just don't seem to mix. They will need more pool lounge chairs. Most chairs were spoken for by 7:30 a.m. The only other thing I can see that may need to be addressed is the parking deck situation...where they need mirrors to avoid tight turns/oncoming cars...there is only room enough for one car in the turns. But all in all, the building is beautiful, in a wonderful residential community, making the beach much more quieter than most....oh...and I all most forgot...we did get to see porpoise lumbering up and down the coast one morning. It was beautiful.

Sea Island on The Beach

by TripAdvisor Member Kierston

We stayed at Sea Island on the Beach for 6 nights. From June 30 - July 6. I was worried because of the amount of money that we were spending on the condo and because it had just opened. I called to check on our room the day before we left, the very nice person who I spoke with said that he really couldn't tell us what specific room we were going to be in because it could change. He did tell me that they had is in a bigger room than what I was expecting and that he would really try not to change that. When we arrived after a 9 hour drive from West Virginia, it wasn't hard to find and I was in love with the area that the Sea Island is located in. It looked very impressive, we checked in, they were a little preocuppied with the phone when we checked in but we were in a two bedroom for the same price that we paid for the one bedroom. The guy that I had spoke with the day before remembered talking to me and put his phone aside for a second and said, "I kept you in the bigger room!" I smiled and told him thank you so much. After we got our keys we went to park the car. The parking garage was scary. It definitely needs some mirrors in it. You have to be really careful in it. While going to our room on the 11th floor I noticed some details that had been overlooked by the contractors. The paint job wasn't perfect. Trim and the paint on the doors was sloppy. The stainless steel elevators did have scratches on the door. Someone had scratched some words on them. There were some patched holes in the walls and some drywall dust that hadn't been swept up in the halls. I know I'm being picky but I'm very detail oriented. The room however, was immaculate. It was decorated beautifully. It had two full baths and two bedrooms. Our two bedrooms were not located on the ocean side. We had maid service daily. I think that there needs to be a service elevator, because the maids and maintenance people were on the three elevators throughout the day. This really tied up the elevators and you had to stop on several floors to let them on and off. It was also crowded because they would bring their carts in the elevators too. The pool was great. It was easy to keep an eye on my kids, especially my five year old. I felt safe enough to let my 11 and 15 year old daughters go down to pool alone. I am usually right by their sides when we stay at a hotel. It was hard to get a lounge chair. You had to get up by seven to snag one. I did one morning. The beach was perfect. It was a busy week, but it didn't feel that way at the Sea Island. You could look down the beach in either direction and it looked like sardines. There are several houses on either side of the Sea Island to help make it less crowded. We found lots of great sea shells at all times of the day. We went to the restaraunt for breakfast one morning. I wasn't impressed with the service. There was something wrong with the air conditioner and our waiter acted like he was put out by anything that we asked him. I really wasn't impressed. The food was good, but the service was not. A lot of people that I talked to were returning guests. They said that this new resort is more upscale but they missed the old one. They said there was more warmth with the old one. They did have children's activities. On the 4th of July they had a watermelon seed spitting contest. My five year old daughter loved it!!!! They offered many other activities too. Overall it was a great week!!! We were very comfortable and I will go back. I would have given the Sea Island five stars, but my husband and I made the mistake in walking to the Marriott Grande Dunes. OH MY Gosh all I can say is WOW. That hotel deserves an excellent rating just based on the grounds. I have to admit I didn't see a room but the pool area and lobby were just beautiful. Oh, one more thing, when we checked out I asked if I could see a three bedroom. She gave us a key to one just a few doors down from our room. The three bedrooms are amazing. Lots of room!!!! I can't think of anything else to write. I would definitely recommend Sea Island on the Beach.

My neice and IMy neice and I

I'm NO Sucker!!!!I'm NO Sucker!!!!

My son and I at South of the BorderMy son and I at South of the Border