Kingston Plantation Resort Condos and Villas - Myrtle Beach

9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29572, United States

Kingston Plantation Condos
Orbitz.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

at a friend's work's expense

I never planned on going to Myrtle Beach but when a good friend from Philly that I'd not seen in four years called to say he was going to be there for four days staying in the expensive Kingston Plantation, and that better yet he had an extra bedroom we could use what was there to debate?

It was only for two nights and one full day but it was just what the doctor ordered for our recently overworked souls. It is a huge complex with just about anything you could want or need, but best of all it had our good friends whose company we immensely enjoyed if even for too short a time.

Unique Quality: The complex has three pools, numerous walking/jogging paths, restaurants, bars, and even its own Starbucks! The unit we stayed in was a two bedroom townhouse with a huge patio overlooking a serene lake. This was the highlight for us. Even though Myrtle Beach is a far nicer beach than ours in our hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, it was the close proximity to the forest that made it special for us.

Directions: Located in North Myrtle Beach. Don't get off in Myrtle Beach like I did unless you are in the mood for a long scenic (stores, restaurants, mini golf-not trees!) ride.

More about Kingston Plantation Resort Condos and Villas - Myrtle Beach

Kingston Plantation- Crowded

by TripAdvisor Member RRRC

Our family traveled to Kingston Plantation the 3rd week of July 2005. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo in the Margate building was beautiful- very upscale, nicely decorared, roomy and clean. We paid $399 per night plus tax.
The pool area was small for such a large building and there often weren't enough chairs unless you reserved them at the pools opening at 10AM. You are also able to use the pools at Embassy Suites. They were very crowded with little room to stand, let alone swim. There weren't any chairs in this area that were unoccupied. They also have a small water park and lazy river. The water park was nice for the very little ones however, it too was very crowded. The lazy river was also very crowded and not kept very clean. Again there weren't any unoccupied chairs in the area. This area is about a 5 minute walk from the Margate building.
Regarding the beach, it's beautiful. Don't expect the lifeguards to watch the swimmers, they are usually checking on umbrellas and chairs that can be rented. I noticed that most times the lifeguard stand was empty.
There is a fishing dock within walking distance to the condos. You can rent fishing poles, bring your own, buy bait, pay to fish (I think about $6 to fish and $6 to rent a pole, bait was $3. If you walk on the pier they charge $1 in the day and $2 at night).
Tennis and racket ball are available for $20 an hour, as are crafts in a tent by the Embassy water park. Prices range from $5 to about $15. My daughter had the front of her hair braided (about 5- 4inch braids for $30).
The area is nice. It's a gated community. Well kept grounds. Outside the gates is plenty of restaurants, shops, outlet malls, Walmart, etc.
The front desk is very unorganized where you check in/out at Embassy Suites. I called several times before my arrival and they still had things incorrect. Check your bill closely.
In closing, the area is nice but I don't think I would go there again. The pools were very crowded and not large enough for the number of guests. The condo was great but then again it should be for $400 a night. Bring lots of money with you because you will spend it!

The South Hampton is not a hotel!

The South Hampton at Kingston Plantation is not a hotel. All the units are individually owned. Many are rented through Embassy Suites or other rental companies. Whomever you rent from is the person to complain to. No unit should be dirty and missing things. There are some units which are not well maintained, but the halls have recently been redone and the outside of the building has been newly painted. I actually live in the building part-time and love it here. I am sorry the person who rented and moved out had a bad experience. Some of the rental units are beautiful decorated and well maintained. Please try again.

Great for families with kids!!

by TripAdvisor Member SuzetteL

We had a great time at Kingston Plantation. The jewel for us was the Splash! water park. It was every bit as good as the web site made it sound. It was popular but not too crowded. Our kids are 2 1/2 yrs and 9 months. We did the water slides with both. The area is well supervised with lifeguards. There is a very shallow area for the babies, but our little girl liked sitting in the 12" pool.

The grounds are beautiful. The landscaping is well maintained and just gorgeous. Everyone was very friendly. Housekeeping and maintenance were very accommodating of our kids schedules.

We can't wait to come back to this beautiful place. We have been going to Myrtle Beach for years and this was the best of all worlds. Well worth the money.

The Villas

by TripAdvisor Member mcd29

Four of us stayed at The Cantabury Villa at Kingston Plantation. We were thrilled with the accommendations! Our Villa was fresh and clean, spacious, up to date and had all the conveniences of home. We went to the nearby Walmart our first day there and bought food. We also purchased inexpensive beach chairs and a beach umbrella (although you can rent them there on the beach). Since we were from NY and had to fly home, we gave them away our last day there to some very happy strangers! I wish I had purchased a cheap boogie board for our 5 day stay there. The beach was beautiful, the water was as warm as bath water,and no seaweed or critters in the water. The waves provided us with hours of body surfing! We had a blast in the Splash pool, enjoyed the outside bar area with music, the pools, hot tub, fitness center and just strolling around this gorgeous plantation! There is just so much to do at Myrtle beach! If you are a golfer, you'll be in heaven there! We went to Medieval Times, The Boardwalk, and an all you can eat seafood buffet called The Giant Crab. We bought Fireworks and set them off at a public beach nearby. The staff were kind and helpful, check in was a breeze. There is daily housekeeping. I especially enjoyed our screened porch (an added bonus!) I was so glad we chose the Villa as opposed to one of the Hotel rooms. It was a wonderful vacation, I highly recommend Kingston Plantation!

Wonderful, secluded, secure

by TripAdvisor Member overjoy59

My visit to Kingston Plantation was wonderful. We were there for a family reunion and reserved the villas. However, when we got there some of chose not to take a villa but the condo units (Hampton) which were right on the beach. I had a 1br condo which resembled a hotel room, but was nice. My sister had a 3-br condo unit, which had I known she would not use all the rooms, I would have gotten in with her. It was very nice with baths in each room, a living room, kitchen and laundry room. Very nicely, decorated.

We did get a chance to visit several of the villas and they were equally as nice and very spacious.

I don't recommend it for family reunion if you want to visit with family, we were just to spread out and only saw each other for the planned events. You just didn't know where everyone was staying because the rooms are given out based on availability at the time of check in. There was at least one other group there having a family reunion and I guess their flourescent green T-shirts helped them to keep up with each other.

Brighton Towers best vacation in years

by TripAdvisor Member ncmomof3

Just got home an hour ago from Kingston Plantation at Myrtle Beach. Our group, my husband, me and my parents and my three children ages 3,5, and 8 stayed for 4 nights in the Brighton tower in a three bedroom condo. This was without a doubt the best vacation we have had in years. Our room was fine. It was quite clean, had a nice view of the waterpark and beach and had great air conditioning (very important because the daytime highs were in the low 100's). Our kids loved the splash water park. We went out each morning from 9:30 until noon and they never got tired of playing there. It was crowded, but not overly so. The bar at the adjacent pool had great frozen drinks and the snack bar had icees for the kids (warning not inexpensive). We only left the complex to go to Walmart for groceries and two nights for dinner. One night we ordered from Pizza Chef that delivers! (The pizza was good) and one night we cooked in. All of the staff was quite friendly especially Amy at the front desk at the Embassy suites (*Thanks again Amy). The front desk at the embassy is where you check in and out. I found the Embassy to be quite nice too, and that hotel includes a great breakfast according to friends we met at the pool who were staying there. This area of NMB is very family friendly. We did not have any trouble eating out with three kids. We will be going back again next year!

Very nice vacation

Our family of five just returned from a 5 night stay in the South Hampton building of the Kingston Plantation/Embassy Suites complex. Our beachfront condo was very nice; the whole complex was a great place to take our children ages 12, 15, 17. We were looking for at least something suite-sized. Since the Embassy Suites, the Hilton and the SeaWatch Plantation were all full (I planned this trip one week prior to the time we were there), I chose the condos. Unfortunately, you do not know which condo building you are going to get until you arrive at the check-in desk. The South Hampton is just north of the Embassy Suites. The beach there was less crowded because all of the villa foot-traffic feeds into the Embassy Suites area. My 12 year old loved the water park and lazy river. We spent so much time on the beach that we did not participate in many of the other activities offered, including karaoke and making crafts. It seemed very safe to let the teens wander from building to building before and after dark. The boardwalks connecting the buildings are lit up at all times. Also, the Embassy Suites pools were very busy, but our condo pools were quiet and still cool in August. My 15 year old was a little disappointed that ''teen night" was cancelled due to low numbers, but the Teen Night at the House of Blues the next night made up for it. Over the 5 day trip, the only less than pleasant people we encountered were at the check-in desk at the Embassy Suites (including restaurants, the mall, etc.) Our first contact at the hotel was not very nice about telling us that your room/condo is not ready at four - it will not be ready until at least 4. They also did not call us when the room was ready like they promised to. Fortunately, I had read that complaint on this website and had the phone # with me. Although we did not go into any of the other condominium buildings, they all appeared to be very nice. The only reason we did not rate the Plantation as excellent was the less than helpful attitude of the workers at the front desk and other small things, like an unpleasant odor in the stairwell, etc. For $339 a night, we'd like perfection! We were glad we chose oceanfront although the oceanviews would have been very nice also.

Not a Pleasant Experience!

Arrived 08/01/05. Had to wait 45 minutes while front desk clerk tried to find us the villa which we had previously booked. Villa had cockroaches in pillows and bed linens. They changed us to a lodge, Laurel Court. As we moved past the spider webs and watched a large cockroach run under room 212's door, I had an omnious feeling. But, the room we were in only had a busted toilet. Decor was very outdated. Three pools had green water. The pool nearest to Laurel Court was closed 3 out of 5 days. The pool cleaner told us that he was trying his best to rid the pools of the algae. Laurel Court pool had to be closed, he said, because the chlorine level was dangerously high. I told him about two other pools on the property having green water and he shrugged his shoulders telling us to swim in the pool by the health club (which had clear water). Housekeeping consisted of making the beds and exchanging the dirty towels. No vacumning, counter cleaning, etc. One day, by 5:30 pm, I had to call housekeeping to come and "clean" the room since no one showed up that day. We will never stay there again. I would not recommend staying here to anyone.

Not Worth The $$$

by TripAdvisor Member til23

We thought we would upgrade this year, and believe me....it is NOT worth it!!! This place has all the fluff, but everything is inconvenient...cold pools, cold childrens "waterpark" area, the gym is a far walk across the grounds, and the indoor pool is also a far walk, with chlorine so strong it bleached my suit. My childrens eyes and skin burned from the chlorine. The 2 BR suite was very spacious, and our view was fabulous...but, we have children, and it's all about keeping them busy. With the indoor pool so far away, they were not able to use it after dinner. The outdoor pools wer not heated at all. For the $3,000.00 we spent on a 2 BR condo for a week....well.....I'd rather stay anywhere as long as the pool are heated and the drinks don't cost $8.00 each!!! Trust me, find another "luxury" resort!!!

Comments