Lancer Motel

Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Myrtle Beach

prossers bar-b-queprossers bar-b-que

D ponders her big plateD ponders her big plate

Medieval TimesMedieval Times

Beach from RoomBeach from Room

Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach

Give Me Liberty or give me a Beer

by JBreining about Liberty

Liberty restaurant is at the popular" Boardwalk" in Myrtle Beach and is a Micro brewery. The food is very good and the Beer they offer is very good. There are many shops that offer just about everything and the lake and Bridges give it a nice relaxing feel. Family s have a great time here. there all very good

There are over 100 Golf...

by pargolfer

There are over 100 Golf courses here with ratings of very poor to Championship. No course will advertise how poor it really is so you must trust in someone to assist you. Hey, how about me? I played 8 courses there and did lots of research before I made a tee time to be certain I was on a good challenging track. The best I experienced was Heather Glen and The Witch. Trust me these are great layouts with every challenge imaginable including alligators!! I also reccomend Oyster Bay but it is pricey, about $120.00 US, to play. Other courses worth note are the Legends (3 courses here) and the Dunes courses. For easy layouts and $20 - $30 fees try Bay Tree or Wicked Stick. (Wicked stick can be grueling if you play from the John Daly tees. Its over 7500 yards frome here!)

~ Myrtle Beach, South Carolina ~

by noidiotsplease

Twice as a teenager I stayed in Myrtle Beach as the last stop on car trip vacations to places up north. To this day, Myrtle Beach still holds the personal distinction of being the only actual beach resort town I have visited outside of the state of Florida. (I did visit a small beach in Toronto, but it wasn't a beach town). Of course, being from Jacksonville and having traveled all over Florida, I am very familiar with a lot of great beaches. I remember Myrtle Beach as being kind of like Daytona Beach in that it is very over-the-top touristy with an excess of typical T-shirt and swimwear shops, oceanfront high-rises, mini golf courses and so forth. I hear that in the years since my visits Myrtle Beach has also become more Branson-like, and now even has its own amusement park.

From what I remember it was an O.K. place. I would be curious to visit Myrtle Beach again -- but only as a 1 or 2 day stopover after visiting places up north. Maybe I'm just biased, but If you are looking for one beach to base your entire vacation around, I suggest that you keep driving south through the rest of South Carolina and coastal Georgia to Florida's smorgasboard of sands.

Visit my SOUTH CAROLINA page.

Comments