Landmark Resort Hotel

Landmark Resort
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• DO NOT STAY HERE - SAVE YOURSELF ANGUISH

Wish I could say the same things as some of you here. You all must have been lucky enough to get a remodeled room. We fell for the false advertising on the website thinking that all the rooms were remodeled. The suites look NOTHING like the rooms on the website. Our experience was the total opposite. We were hoping for a wonderful vacation, and the first thing we encountered was a dirty (different types of hair found in bedding, dirty kitchen, bathroom, dirty doors and walls, and carpet), old hotel room (needs a good paint job, furniture old and broken, chipped paint and wood from furniture), followed by horrible customer service by all levels of the staff. No one wanted to take responsibility for anything. Everything was blamed on the "owners" of the suites rather than provide excellent customer service as the "face" of the hotel. Even management was so rude and non-empathetic. They did give us another room the next day, which was a little better, but for the money we paid, I felt it was not worth the money. It was very dissapointing. The first couple of days were very upsetting. I had to let it go so I could enjoy my vacation. Unlike some of you, I will never stay here again. (I took several pictures of the hair and dirty things I found, but I will only post one that shows one of the many hairs found along with something sticky stuck on there, it was gross. I don't think anyone would want to sleep in that). The pools were nice. Not new looking, but nice. The new water park area across the street is newer and nicer.

More about Landmark Resort Hotel

NEVER AGAIN!

My husband and I stayed at the Landmark Resort and were "greeted" with a very rude front desk staff from the start. Most of the other employees were helpful and nice, but the front desk! After taking 30 minutes just to check into our room (we had previously made reservations) and a sales pitch from a company on the side, we found a very unclean room, i.e. hair on the bathroom floor and in the bathtub, filthy carpet and badly stained bed linens. We had to ask for bath towels the 1st morning. Our toilet was broken and could only be flushed by removing the top. We were twice locked on our balcony by the sliding glass door and were told by security that "it happens alot". Although the guards were there quickly after we alerted someone from our sixth floor balcony that we were stuck outside, the first time was for 2 hours before a guest walked by for us to tell. There was way too much chlorine in all of the water features and at least 10 minute wait for any of the many elevators they have. Parking was totally inadequate.
The price in itself is highly over-rated for the quality of the rooms.
At check-out, there was a gentleman at the front desk who said he had been trying to speak with the manager for 4 days and was told he was "in a meeting every time" as he was when I heard the front desk clerk respond to his request. We would not stay at this hotel again if they offered us a free stay and expenses paid!

Bad reviews had me SCARED, but everything was wonderful

I happened to run across this website the day before we were to leave for Myrtle Beach's Landmark Resort. I was so FREAKED out by all the negative responses, I packed a vacuum cleaner, rubber gloves and several cleaning solvents. We arrived and expected the worst. We checked in in less than 15 minutes and everyone was friendly. Just one small problem, they only had one key for the room, and we needed 4. We were able to get another key within hours and the other 2 keys the next morning. Okay, with that worry over, we headed to the room. The corridors and halls were very clean and the room was spotless.
Everything looked new and the bathroom was sparkling. Maid service was very accomodating and they seemed to be there to please their guests.
The pool area and all of the landscaped areas were very clean, the water in the pools was a little cool, but the lazy rivers were warm.
The snack bar, gazebo restaurant and gift shop were nice and the walkway attached to the parking garage was very clean and air conditioned. The parking garage was a little tight, especially with all the SUV's, but there was an abundance of parking available. Checkout went smooth, less than 5 minutes. My teenager would have liked a bigger game room, but other than that...location, price and service was just fine. so, you can't always trust what you read.

NOT WORTH IT!!

We decided to take a family trip(my husband, 4yo daughter, mom, step father, and 4yo nephew). The hotel posted great rates and wonderful sounding ammenities. We were excited! We arrived on a Tuesday and had reservations until Sunday. First of all, we had booked ocean front rooms but my mother was given oceanview instead despite having been charged for oceanfront. The place was booked so she had no choice. (She was promised a refund to her credit card ) The rooms were a little cramped and dingy looking but we were determined to have a good attitude and a good time. Then, on Friday morning, my mom received a call from the front desk inquiring when she would be leaving. Further discussion revealed that her room had been double booked. Apparently, there was a large very group scheduled to check in and they gave my mom's room away. Of course this lead to a "talk" with the manager who was less than pleasant and downright rude. He didn't care that my mom's credit card had already been billed until Sunday. He claimed the person who took the reservation by phone didn't "put the info in right" but couln't explain why the credit card had been billed. He didn't care. He said it was not his problem and all he could do was to give them a single room(for 3 people) and they may have to change rooms on Saturday. We were floored at his attitude and behavior. Needless to say, we all checked out and came home early. I advise no one ever stay at this place. It's not worth the risk that this happen to you and ruin a good vacation. BEWARE!!!!

Not bad for the money

After reading the reviews here I decided to hope for the best but expect the worst. The Landmark was actually much better than I expected! Our room was clean and the desk clerks were very nice. My kids loved all the pools. The hotel bar had decent food. The best thing was that they dropped the price from $142 per night to $119 per night.
Check-in did take quite a while and we did have reservations. Forget trying to get a luggage cart. We had a light bulb burned out and it took them 2 days and 3 calls to replace it. One of the TVs didn't work but that was fixed right away. The worst thing that happened was the power went out in half the hotel and all the phones were out. We had to order takeout from our cell phone and wait for it in the lobby. They said that had "never happened before". Although the Landmark does have some problems, overall I'd say it's a pretty good place to stay, I've certainly stayed at worse!

All around just Nasty

My family and I stayed at the Landmark during our spring break; 2003. If you can get through the rude customer service you will hit a home run. After we checked into our room my husband went into the restroom only to discover their was CRIBS on the toilet seat. We called the hotel manger and general manger he was a JERK as well. We changed rooms 3 times before we got one that was half way clean. I also wrote the general manger a letter and got back a very poor response from him, that is why the resort is in such bad shape. DO NOT STAY THERE! ENTER AT YOUR RISK OF CATCHING SOMETHING.

not a bad weekend

stayed at the landmark june 26-29,03. check-in went just fine but after checking in and unloading all the luggage into the room by hand, i learned all the carts were on the fourth floor going across skywalk.
The room was really clean, though the room(deluxe angle oceanfront room) was really an oceanview. The indoor pools were on the cold side- my small kids refused to play in the kiddie pool it was so cold. The indoor lazy river was warm, but you had to keep some of the younger kids straight or be prepared to be run over, after all i paid for my room as well. I found everything else to be sufficient, i would not give a four or five star, but definitely a three star on my vacation.
nice feature being able to use the tv to express checkout instead of going to lobby and fighting the crowd.

what a dump!!dont waste your money!!

well if you like the urban inner city landscape as a vacation spot you might like this place.you couldnt pay me to stay here.i found my room took one look at the inside,how filthy and smelly,and one look at the guests that were staying there.very low budget.i think the only good reviews come from the hotel themselves trying to boost ratings.oh and by the way they kept all my $125.00 deposit i seemed to have forfeited when i told them i was not staying in their dumpster for two days!!!!!!

Going downhill yearly

Wehave stayed at the Landmark for many years, it seems that each time it just gets worse. My children also go and we have recommended to many friends which we will not do any longer. Our last trip there was June 2003 and it was the worst I have seen in a long time. Floors were not swept, Balconies were horrible and the mildew and dirt in the bathrooms was disgusting. I went and got a bleach spray to use on the bathroom before we would even use it. I also provided this spray to the 4 other rooms that were with us. Also the clientele is going down hill, loud and obnoxious and the people in charge say nothing. Too many conventions also. Buses kept coming in while we were there on and on.We checked out other places and won't be back at the Landmark.

Nice vacation, but never again...

My family, 2 adults, 3 teenage boys, stayed at the Landmark July 11-14.
Oceanview suite was large and relatively clean, with the exception of the carpet and balcony. Don't think the carpet had EVER been cleaned.
Previous spills still sticky to the touch. The balconies were horrible and obviously never cleaned, especially the one off the bedroom where it looked as if the previous guests had hurled and it had been left to be washed away by rain. Bathroom was clean, but small. Lack of hot water on a constant basis (we were on top floor). Clientele leaves lot to be desired. Hotel personnel friendly, hotel patrons very rude and obnoxious and small children left to run amuck at all hours of the night. Very overcrowded with the wrong crowd. I guess this is what you get when you try to save money. Never again.

Never Again

Such a disappontment. We checked in On July 19th and out on July 25th.
Never again!! The staff at the desk was great. The room was terrible.
Check out room 448. Holes in bedspread, spare blanket........I've never seen a blanket in such bad shape. Taking the stair way......You would not believe the filth.......Door did not work prperly... Sheets did not fit properly.....the cleaning staff, especiallly the pregnant one is letting Lanmark down. Our first stay there was great.....Our last stay.....terrible.....And to make it even worse, we talked room 450 into coming there for vacation.... We stayed in at least 6 different hotels during our vacation. Lanmark was the most expensive and the dirtiest.

C enjoying it muchC enjoying it much

Broadway at nightBroadway at night

cooking eggs in front of our kabincooking eggs in front of our kabin

Comments