7200 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29572, United States
Hotels.com Tingo.com Booking.com

More about Long Bay Resort

Absolutely Wonderful Vacation at Long Bay Resort

I recently enjoyed a wonderful golf vacation at the Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach SC. Having made over 40+ golf trips to Myrtle Beach, I found this resort a cut above the many "golf package" resorts I stayed at over the years, for several reason: - Professional and helpful front desk staff - Cleanliness of the property, including the pool area - Hot Tubs that were actually HOT - An excellent breakfast buffet, along with a courteous and attentive restaurant staff Most enjoyable however was the outstandsing service I recieved from the Golf Director at Long Bay, Julie. All of my inquires were answered in a timely manner and I found her information on course conditions, new course recommendations, etc. to be right on. Julie is probably the most customer focused Golf Director I have dealt with in my many years of travel to Myrtle Beach.I would strongly recommend Long Bay resort to friends and associates as a place which will enhance the quality of their vacation!

Great Location! Great Condos!

Long Bay Resort exceeded my expectations! Great value and service.
Everyone was very pleasant and willing to provide an excellent experience. My golf group has decided to make this an annual trip and Long Bay Resort will be the preferred choice for packaging our trip.

Golf packages are always the best

My wife and I found the Long Bay Resort in AAA and booked for Oct of '97. Once we checked in and noticed how clean the facility was I checked on availibilty of golf packages for Mar. The people there provided a key to check out the condos and once I walked in I knew this was the resort I was looking for. They were also very able to set up tee times at the corses I wanted to play. I have taken 6-8 of my friends to the Long Bay Resort the past 5 years and have not been disapointed. I have also recommended the Long Bay to other friends. They have raved about the Long Bay as well. Rob Bell Mason, Mich.

P.S. I also stayed at the Sea Mist one year and other locations in
Myrtle Beach and none other match the Long Bay.....RLB

Loved the view

I really enjoyed my stay at the long bay resort. our room 323 had a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. The rooms were clean and the breakfasts were very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
After a long day of playing golf it was nice to enjoy the swimming pool and lazy river. It is easy to get to and has many restaurants of all types very close. I would recommend Long Bay to all golfers.

Our fifth year to return - Julie Mansour, Gollf Director is the main reason

This is our 5th year of returning to the Long Bay Resort, the accommodations are excellent. Julie Mansour the Golf Director handles our course selection and tee-times with us and we are always pleased.
My group this year was 28 players and next year we have already booked for 36 players. This is the place to stay!

GREAT SERVICE

Long Bay Resort has proven to be the rare combination of a great value, a nice resort, and service that is exceptional.Every year we travel to Myrtle Beach and specifically to Long Bay for a January Golf Vacation. The rooms are always clean, its a great location, lots of extras in the packages, very reasonable price, lots of golf courses to choose from (any in the area) and a staff that knows how to treat its guests.For 2004 we are in the process of booking our reservations including golf courses. Trying to coordinate tee times for 12 guys over 5 days with multiple flight times has proven to be challenging on my end, but everytime I call with a change or adjustment I get nothing but great help from the staff at Long Bay. The front line vacation package people do all they can to help and the management (specially the golf director) has personally followed up with me to make sure we have everything correct. They are outstanding!I'm generally a tough grader with on-line comments or surveys, but I welcome the opportunity to give Long Bay the highest rating I can. As long as the service stays as high as it is, I will be returning for years to come.

Not the best nor the worst

by TripAdvisor Member swmbo

We checked in on Sunday and the people behind the desk were very rude.
When I asked about room safety, the manager took it as a personal afront. The maid service came bright and early the next morning and we asked them to return in about 30 minutes. They never came back. When I called the front desk I was told the maids don't "come back" even if they say they will. The condo was fairly nice, but the only thing to sit on in the living area was a loveseat and chairs on rollers.

The location was great and the pools were very nice and clean. We loved being able to walk down to the ocean.

Clean and scenic...but some frustration

Stayed October 13-17, 2003. The resort was very clean and a great place to stay, but we did have repeated reservation obstacles to overcome.
When we made our inital reservation we requested and understood we were getting a ground floor, oceanfront condo but when the confirmation came it said there was no guarantee of an oceanfront room. When I called to see if we would be getting the room we were promised, I was told we had to pay more to be guaranteed the rooms...and that someone had rearranged our original reservation. We paid another $40.00 for the 4 night stay to have this guarantee. When we arrived to our groundfloor oceanfront condo, we were given the 10th floor! They don't have ground floor oceanfront rooms by the way, but did move us to 3rd floor after one upsetting night on the 10th floor (I can't tolerate heights). We usually stay at Sea Mist in a ground floor, oceanfront suite that allows us to walk directly out to the ocean...and probably will return there due to all of this.

We always long to go back to Long Bay

Undisputed champion of the winter golf package. Great digs, higher floors the better (for views), great people, fantasic courses and carts included. Sunday through Wednesday package is absolutely unbeatable anywhere up and down the beach. Like I said, we look forward to going back every December, while the weather is still decent and the courses are still very, very playable.

Comments