Myrtle Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• chasman profile photo chasman
  • Reviews: 6

The best places to stay are,...

The best places to stay are, without a doubt, on the beach. However, by staying here you will be overwhelmed by the amount of traffic on Ocean Blvd and Highway 17 (Kings Highway to the locals).

I would actually recommend staying in some of the out-lying communities like Little River, Socastee, Surfside Beach, etc. You will be in for a drive to reach the major attractions and you will not have a beach view - but you will avoid the terrible traffic jams on a daily basis. Plus - there is a lot to see in these 'suburbs' of Myrtle Beach.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• pargolfer profile photo pargolfer
  • Reviews: 87

There are lots of Hotels and...

There are lots of Hotels and Condos on the beach. I rented a 3 bedroom condo on the beach for a week and found it to be a great value at only $700.00 US. Split with 3 golf buddies and its the most inexpensive way to go.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 12, 2002

• SandyToes profile photo SandyToes
  • Reviews: 3

Ocean Drive Beach and Golf...

Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort
Depends on length of stay, time of year and weekend or week-day. Discounts on longer stays.

This place has everything! Indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, a lazy river ride. Snack Bar. Bar and Dance Club. Workout Facilities, Beauty Parlor, Masseuse, Vending Machines, Restaurant, game room, laundry, beach and gift/souvenir/mini-mart.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• cheryl_the_mermaid profile photo cheryl_the_mermaid
  • Reviews: 27

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

KOA campgrounds Myrtle Beach: Great cheap lodging

Me and my boyfriend had our own private 'KOA kabin' with a double bed, a bunk bed, a table, air conditioning, a porch, picnic table, and bbq. We stayed there for a week, at $35 a night! After a day in the hot sun it's fun to go into a nice cool campground with a cozy cabin with air conditioning. the bathrooms and showers were seperate, about a minutes walk away, not even. . It was about a 5 minute walk to the beach, and a 2 minute walk to downtown, Myrtle Beach. The public bus just started up that summer, and it was right down the street too. At checkin there was a store that let us keep our parishables in their fridge. The only complaint I have was at night when we came back there was always a cockroach or two that would escape through the cracks and leave us alone as soon as we turned the lights on. And they were pretty big! But we chased them out. I guess thats unavoidable in a hot climate on a campground....

They had a public pool, and a nice stream that passed under the bridge to get to your camping spot. There was laundry facilities (the dryers didnt work very well) and an arcade with a very addictive pinball machine.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Camping, Beaches
  • Written October 7, 2004
Tip Photo

cooking eggs in front of our kabin

• ddclark94 profile photo ddclark94
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beachside Motel: What an ordeal!!!!

I called this Motel to ask very specific questions. My husband & I would be travelling with 3 children ages 7, 5, & 7 months. I asked if the motel was clean & bug free. If the children could play on the carpet , if the bath room & kitchenette were up to standard. Of course they said " Oh yes the rooms are old but they are VERY clean & you can feel comfortable with your children...They did say the rooms were smaller than the newer hotels. Well the real story was.....when we pulled into the parking area I got nervous. Then when I entered the lobby it actually "STANK!" I asked to see the suite before I paid...needless to say it was "HORRIBLE" even my niece & nephew were offended & it takes alot to offend these small children. ...(did I say that the whole motel reeked of what smelled like urine, vomit & alcohol, probably many nights of all night parties?)...
I then went back down & told them that I meant no disrespect but the motel had been totally misrepresented & I would like to transfer to their newer facility " THE SURFS & DUNES". I was told NO VACANCY.....My husband was enraged as we had traveled 10 hours with our young group & he was readly to rest , after he talked to them they of course came up with a room at their other Hotel . It was also an older Hotel, but is was clean & they gave us the rate for the other facility for only one night. I really cannot stress enough how bad the Beachside Motel is it really should be closed down..I believe it to be an unsanitary place... We decided to transfer to another hotel" THE REEF" we totally enjoyed our stay there. It also was an older hotel,,,but the service was excellent & it was very clean...NO ODOR...NO BUGS!!!!!!!! THE REASON FOR THIS REVIEW....EVEN IF IT'S FREE THE "BEACHSIDE MOTEL" IS NOT WORTH IT.......IT IS BEYOND DISGUSTING...If a 5 year old says as you go out of the office..."Nanny it stinks in here" need I say more. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DON'T LOOK AT THE WEBSITE THE PICTURES ARE NOT WHAT YOU GET..... DIANA CLARK

NONE

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 17, 2004

• Bryfred profile photo Bryfred
  • Reviews: 14

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kingston Plantation: Beach Condo

We rented a 3-bedroom condo for the week, which was very convient to the beach. It had everything we needed, but the place definately showed as a rental, with some wear around the edges. The housekeeping was not up to five -star performances, but was improved following some badgering. It provided a nice view of the ocean, and was fairly quiet. They do offer room-service, but we chose to fix our own when we ate in. We had a couple of mechanical problems with the AC & plumbing, but they were very prompt to repair these, and also adjusted the billing for our inconvience.

Great kids pool and access to the beach.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 5, 2003

• GUYON profile photo GUYON
  • Reviews: 1558

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Carnival Motor Inn: Just on the beach

For us, Myrtle Beach was a stay to rest in the middle of our round trip travel (July 2006). I searched a hotel near the city center (I do not know even yet where is the city center) and adjacent to the ocean. I find this cheap hotel which has an added perk : it was close to the Myrtle Square Mall. Unfortunately, the mall had been demolished prior our arrival (silly trick !).

I did not find any review on the net excepted one which copied the text of the hotel website. I suspect Ferrell Schmidt, the hotel manager, to be the author of this review.

Our room was facing the sea and had a balcony ( we had an Ocean Effiency A at the 2nd floor). It had a kitchenet fully equiped (large fridge - a bit rusty, microwave, hood, stove top 4, sink, coffee maker, toaster, ustensils).

Cleanliness : the hotel lobbies and rooms were cleaned regularly but for the long stays the guests were in charge of the cleaning of their room. It is difficult to have a clean room when there is a fitted carpet and a kitchen ? So to say the truth : though the efforts of the hotel management, it was not really clean.
Beds : 2 queen beds
Bath : tub, shower, washbassin
Table + 2 armchairs
TV : cable
Laundry : Washing machine 1$, drying machine 0.75$, washing powder 0.75$
Iron & iron board : free to ask to the desk
Air dryer : no, may be to ask the desk
Safety : the rooms have a direct access without passing by the lobby. Free safe in the room.
Internet : free access in the lobby if you have your tabletop. The clerk refused firmly to lend her PC
Breakfast : no. Convenience store around number 2600 or Uncle John's Restaurant 402 24th street
Elevator : yes
Newspaper : no
Parking : 1 narrow place for each room. Free
Pets : no
Pool : a small outdoor pool with deckchairs. Cleaned each morning
Beach : free umbrellas and deckchairs available on the lawn in front the hotel. On the beach, ask for lifeguards : 25$ for an umbrella & 2 deckchairs
Price : 97.90$ per day tax included
Check in : 2PM - Check out : 11AM

Conclusion : not a great hotel. Not clean but cheap and well located. Avoid the ground floor (noisy and more dirty).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written July 29, 2006

Carnival Motor Inn

• scraig1 profile photo scraig1
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beach Side Motel - Myrtle Beach: Beach Side Motel - Myrtle Beach

This was really bad and we will never go again. I can say it was a true dump. No thought at all to the guests in the rooms. The room was terrible and not clean. The bathrooms was not usable for taking a bath or soking and the spickets are actually rusty. Paint was pealing from the walls. The air did not work, the bottom part of the freezer unit did not work so we lost all our food that we took with us. The doors do not shut normally and you have to actually slam them and that goes on all night long, and yes you get woke up over and over throught the night. The staff did nothing about drug use or extremely loud music coming from other rooms at 3 am. We did not stay our entire booked time, we left it was so bad and there was no other vacancies in the area so we just came home. Never again.

• Opinion of Price: about average