Marina Inn At Grande Dunes

amextravel.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Marina Inn At Grande Dunes

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member myers1

We stayed at the Marina Inn, Grande Dunes for a weekend Feb 8, 2008 and it was a delightful experience. When making the reservation on the phone, we were asked if it was a special occasion. We replied that it was our 37th wedding anniversary and we were surprised to be upgraded to a suite. The suite was lovely on the Intercostal Waterway with a great view of the golf course.
The staff is exceptional. We have traveled extensively world wide and we have to say we were very surprised at how much we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will be back as soon as we can.
We can honestly not say one negative thing about the room, hotel, food, anything. All was excellent . Can not wait to return.
SJM, Charlotte N.C.

Enjoyed the Marina Inn

by TripAdvisor Member chrisd

The Marina Inn is relatively new (opened in Nov. 2006).The hotel is nicely decorated and appointed. My stay was short (3 nights) and if I had wanted to stay longer my only complaint would have been lack of closet/storage space. The bath was large and had a separate tub and shower with marble flooring and counter tops. The feel of the room is fairly luxurious.....with oh so soft high thread count sheets. The Marina Inn is in The Grande Dunes complex and there is a shuttle to the beach (across the highway) . We chose to drive as it was just more convenient. There are attendants at the beach to offer beach chairs, towels and bottled water. There is changing area at the beach as well. You can wander down to the Marriott Grande Dunes on the beach if you are hungry for lunch. I had stayed at the Marriott during my last stay a few years ago and preferred The Marina Inn. If you have children, the Marriott is probably more convenient due to the beach front location. We did not eat at The Marina Inn and can't comment on the food. The gym is passable but the management needs to remove the SMELLY portable sauna (if they don't, you'll see mold growing on the walls soon....way too moist in there). For out of hotel dining, we ate at Chianti South in North Myrtle Beach and NY Prime in Myrtle Beach. We were very impressed with thequality of the food at NY Prime. I would not hesitate to stay at The Marina Inn again.

A "Grande" Stay

by TripAdvisor Member travelgirlva75

This is probably one of the only rooms (other than the owners suite on Royal Carribean) that made my husband say WOW when he first walked in. If you decide to book a room, go with the Baltic Junior Suite on the Intracoastal Waterway. It has a separate shower and Jacuzzi tub with an awesome view of water, golf, and the residential community by the resort.

We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning. If you like really sweet breakfast options, try the bananas fosters french toast--it's awesome. Otherwise they have fairly average food and prices.

We didn't have an opportunity to go to the beach (only stayed 3 nights), however, we heard good things about it. Try to book your stay to correspond with a concert at the House of Blues, it is an awesome experience. YES, you have to stand, but there are sitting options if you want to pay a little more money.

We went for a relaxing weekend, but if action is what you want the GRAND STRAND is full of excitement for all ages. Enjoy!

highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member roccgt

Stayed 4 nites over Thanksgiving, 2007. Booked Three bedroom suite for 5 people for about $300/nite. First class in every way-huge, rooms, well appointed. Excellent service-we locked ourselves out of one of the bedrooms and there was a leak in one of the bathrooms one nite-both fixed quickly and courteously. Only ate at the grill at the marina-very good. Many fooderies nearby-lots of chains-Bone fish, Carrabas- good, not great.

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VirginiaSamantha

Wow. What a fantastic hotel. We visited the hotel between Christmas and New Years, for a get away with friends. We rented a 2 bedroom villa, overlooking the Marina. The views were spectacular and the accommodations lacked for nothing. My friend claims he has traveled the world and has never stayed in any hotel this nice. The furnishings, quality and service were superiour. We really enjoyed our balcony, as the weather was comfortable. The hotel's outdoor heated pool was a nice treat.
All the staff was very attentive and friendly. We even ordered room service several nights. Not only was the food very good, but very reasonably priced and prompt.
I would reccommend this hotel to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach. I've stayed at over 12 hotels in Myrtle and this is by far, the nicest in the area.

Great Great Hotel!! Loved the stay

by TripAdvisor Member TooMuch2See

I have to say that this is simply one of the finest hotels I have stayed in, I was down there during the month of Aug,2007 me and my wife.
The decor is excellent, big bedrooms, big bathrooms with shower and tub. The staff was very very helpful. I was down there for 3 days and did not get my golf clubs neither my shoes but one mention to the staff they were ready and with all the details I required to either buy or rent the same. Best thing about this place was the restaurant the breakfast was simply one of the best we had. The only minor inconvenience I thought was the distance away from the beach but the hotel takes cares of that by providing shuttle and believe me you would rather stay away from all the crowd next to the ocean, their private beach is simply much nicer with a full service cabana. I did not mind the distance at all. Overall this place is value for money you will not regret it. Good for Couples and family Oh! and go for the Marina view if you have a choice

Loved the Marina Inn

by TripAdvisor Member NCAnnette

First off...don't follow the directions from Yahoo!...It will take you to the ocean... But since we were going for a romantic weekend we didn't care.... just go to the 17 bypass and turn right at the Dixie Stampede and you will drive into the most beautiful site in South Carolina!

We arrived Friday evening..checked in and were escorted to a condo...they called it a room.... I call it a one bedroom condo...it was so large.... full kitchen with upscale granite counters and all the conveniences of home....yet not home....beautiful tile floors in the kitchen..

The bathroom was awesome!...The shower was glass and had a tremendously large shower head.. large make-up mirror with lights... separate tub...and plenty of large towels...Gilchrist and Soames are the toiletries...

We had a large king size bed with very plush pillows and sheets.... A working fireplace and the most beautiful view of the Inter-Coastal Waterway!...

We ate breakfast each morning at the restaurant downstairs... the shrimp and egg omelet was wonderful.... we had it each morning.....

The staff is very friendly and helpful as well....

This is a new resort... a little over a year old and it is simply beautiful...needless to say we enjoyed our "Romantic Getaway"

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member sundogcomm

This was a one-of-a-kind stay! I ended up in a two-bedroom suite overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful bathrooms, full kitchen - I was ready to move in!

Nice with some reservations

by TripAdvisor Member momsgetaway

I stayed at the Marina Inn for a convention, and after having staying at the Marriott, also in Grande Dunes but on the ocean, in October, I have mixed emotions about the Marina Inn, though more good than bad.
The good: Generally very good service, from the doorman who escorted me from my car to the front desk where he introduced me by name to the reservations area (nice touch not standing at a counter, but, instead sitting comforably at a desk) to the reservationists who were cordial, and the friendly bartenders in Watercolours.
Nice room (I had the larger studio) with luxurious appointments. Very comfortable bed with high end comforter and linens. Balcony overlooking the intracoastal-more about that later. Beautiful bathroom with granite counters, custom tiles, double sinks, glass shower. Very nice bath amenities-loved the soap.
Pretty lobby and common areas. I especially liked the seashell theme carried from the lobby into the rooms, even the special soaps were imprinted with a shell as was the silver toilet paper seal in the bathroom.
Good food, even the convention food, which is always a challenge. I especially liked the chips (tapas)in the bar, which according to the bartender included yucca, white potato, sweet potato, and plantains with a mayonnaise dip- liked the chips better than the dip.
Nice convention areas and not too cold for a change. Easy walk outside for the smokers and cell phone users.
Good location away from the Myrtle Beach crowds, but close to restaurants and shopping.
The not so good:
Having to go out on an outside corridor to get to my room. As a woman travelling alone, I much prefer having my room inside the hotel. It was cold getting to and from the room, and I imagine will be very hot in the summer. Big turn-off for me and I was very surprised about this. Hated having to wear a coat or jacket just to walk to the lobby.
Maid service only twice a week. Come on- I get to clean up at home, and like to be treated when staying in a fine hotel. Also a surprise and turn-off.
Missed the turn-down service the first night, and the man who knocked on my door did not ask if I wanted chocolates, just if I needed towels. But then again he didn't seem to speak English well.
Room service was fast, but soup was cool (due to having to go outside to get to the room?) As I didn't realize there was not daily maid service, I did not stick the tray in the hall, and it remained in my room.
The hotel is nowhere near the beach, and the intracoastal here is not much more than a murky ditch. (It's much prettier further south near Georgetown and Charleston.)
The newspaper was a nice touch, but wasn't delivered until after 7:00 both mornings.
I would stay here again, but, given a choice, would pick the Marriott for its' services and location on the beach for about the same cost.

Genuinely beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member johnnydogmatic

We don't play golf..(!)...but would highly recommend this luxurious, brand new hotel. The decor is exquisite and the staff are very solicitous and helpful (and greet you by name!) We had a balcony view of the intracostal waterway and loved it. One down side - no attempt to conserve water, no compact flourescent bulbs...but would recommend this to anyone (private beach too!)

Hard Rock cafeHard Rock cafe

Up, Up and Away!!Up, Up and Away!!

feeding those gators!!feeding those gators!!

Comments