Ocean One

5513 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

More about Myrtle Beach

There's nothing like a secluded beach.There's nothing like a secluded beach.

T-BonzT-Bonz

Georgetown Water Tower near paper millsGeorgetown Water Tower near paper mills

Myrtle Beach bachelor party recommendations needed!

by serafinj

I'm planning a bachelor party to Myrtle in late july / early august with about 12 guys. I havent been there in several years and I'm looking for some recommendations for the following:

1) lodging - we'd like to stay as close to the action as possible. also, a lot of us are golfers, so close to courses or actually in golf resorts would work. i'm not sure if it would make sense to look into hotels or for townhomes/condos. since this is a bachelor party, there will be some misbehaving, so seclusion and privacy is definitely something to consider.

2) golf courses - looking for local courses to play. we want to get the best bang for the buck. we want to play a couple nice courses, but we dont want to pay an arm and leg also.

3) nightlife - where are the best places to go with a large group? any good places with table service?

4) restaurants - what are the newest and hottest restaurants in town?

5) gentlemens club - as this is a bachelor party, there will most likely be a stop or two at a gentlemens club. any suggestions for a clean and fun place?

6) misc - anything additional that you think would be a good idea for this type of trip would be appreciated.

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Re: Myrtle Beach bachelor party recommendations needed!

by osoeno

Why dont you google surfside realty and dunes realty? These beachhouse rentals are expensive but it might be worth it in your case.

The golf is expensive. And as good as it gets.

There are lots of inexpensive driving ranges and par three golf.

Woludnt have an opinion on the other stuff except stay out of the gentlemens clubs

Re: Myrtle Beach bachelor party recommendations needed!

by janetsusan

I highly suggest you contact Dick Baugh at the Sands. He is the best around for arranging lodging and golf and he's been in the area forever and knows everybody and everything. His email is dick@sandsoceanclub.com
Have fun!

Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach

Dinner and a Show

by Tryla about Dixie Stampede

Dixie Stampede began as a dream for Dolly Parton. Today, it is one of the most spectacular dinner and shows in Branson, MO; Myrtle Beach, SC; Pigeon Forge, TN, and coming soon to Orlando, FL. With 32 horses, dozens of cast members and seating for 1,000 around a 35,000 square-foot arena at each facility, Dixie Stampede is Dolly Parton's own creation. "I wanted to recreate the family fun of my childhood, when we'd gather for a friendly competition and enjoy a more-than-filling meal," says Dolly Parton. "With the grand entertainment of our horses and performers, along with a delicious meal, Dixie Stampede is the Most Fun Place to eat anywhere."

A return visit 29 years later!

by Hexepatty

"Men.... Sometimes a reason to travel"

Back in 1981 my parents packed me up and moved me out of a bad romance during my early 20's. Living in Northern Virginia at the time, they thought a change would do me good and brought me to Myrtle Beach so that I would not back down or go back to the not so good guy. It was summer when we went and I just don't remember people or crowds. I'm sure there were lots of people and crowds, but all I remember was the pain of young love gone bad.

Here I am in 2009 and back in Myrtle Beach for the first time since my tragic twenties! New guy - Winter time - and many good things ( a few not so good) have happened since my last trip to Myrtle!

Steve visited here many years during his early years. It was THE family summer vacation spot for at least ten+ years. Same week in July, same hotel and same families all got together and traveled to meet up for the annual event. He's visited several times since the 50s and 60s, but this trip of ours together this holiday season was a first for us together to a place with great (Steve) if not bittersweet (me) memories.

We create our new memories on a minute by minute basis. Mindful of this, we took care to have a great time here. It wasn't too cold, but was far from hot. (The end of December will give you anything from the high 40s to mid 60s during the day.... We got the 50s. Can't complain!)

I like the fact that we found a hotel that is oceanfront and our room is oceanfront. I like the fact that we could open our lanai sliding door and sleep to the sounds of the breaking surf. I like the fact that we can see dolphins and seagulls while on the balcony.

I like the fact that I have new and better memories of Myrtle Beach. I like the fact I'm with Steve.

Comments