Ocean Park Resort

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Ocean Park Resort

Great Family Vacation..Will Stay Here Again

My family just returned last night from a 5 night stay at Ocean Park Resort. Our rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed on the 8th floor in an oceanfront room with a full kitchen. My sister and her family also stayed at Ocean Park Resort and had a wonderful time as well. We had 5 children (ages 3-10) with us who had a great time. They didn't want to leave the pools to enjoy other attractions in the area. The 4 adults enjoyed the hot tubs!! We were very satisfied with our stay and very pleasantly surprised at what we received for the small amount of cash that we spent for the rooms. It isn't a fancy resort, but it was a nice, clean place that we intend on returning to for the next couple of years. In fact, we are already planning on making reservations for next year very soon. We were close to all of the local attractions but far enough away from all of the partying and noise that occurs....especially this time of year, after high school graduations. We got great prices and had a wonderful vacation.

Great Experience...

Just returned from a 3 day/2night mini vacation stay at Ocean Park Resort. I must say, that I also read the reviews posted and was a little weary about what we would be in store for once we arrived. My family and I (consisting of 2 adults and 4 children) stayed on the 4th floor in the oceanfront 1 bedroom condo. We were happy with the room (2 queen beds in the bedroom and a wall bed in the living room). It was very spacious and "YES" it was clean, the bathroom and everything else. The check-in/check-out crew were great, not snobbish at all. The kids enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pools -which by the way stays open until 11:00pm. The hot tub was great and was at most fantastic at night outside with just the right breeze from the ocean. This resort is somewhat old and could use a little updating but the view of the beach is so BEAUTIFUL it out weighed any negative or minor distraction! All in all, I would stay here again - preferably in the mid-week due to traffic. This was a decent place to stay factoring in a reasonable rate and a great location. My family was pleased. We'll come again next summer.

Good trip, terrible hotel

We just returned from staying at Myrtle Beach. While we really enjoyed our trip, the Ocean Park Resort did nothing to add to our experience. It was truly one of the worst places I've stayed in quite sometime.

First, the strengths...the pools and hot tubs were very nice and we used them frequently. The view from the room was outstanding. It's right on the beach, and eating breakfast while overlooking the ocean is a great way to start every morning. The ocean delivered too, as we saw large schools of fish, dolphins, and pelicans frequently. The room's floorplan is nice and convenient, and the room is really pretty spacious.

Those were really the only positives about the place. Everything else was a disappointment. The room (#718) was outdated and had some sort of vague smell. The carpet was very dirty, and walking around barefoot in the room left the soles of our feet black. One of our phones was damaged to the point that it was essentially unusable. One of the cabinet doors was hanging by one hinge and another wouldn't close properly. The microwave was old. The Kleenex holder pulled out of the wall every time you tried to pull a tissue. There were holes in the wall in the bedroom and front room. Only one of the TV remotes worked properly. The fridge was full size, but all the bars were missing from the door, so nothing could be put on the door shelves because it would all fall when you opened the door. At first all this stuff seemed kind of quaint--like an old lake cottage--and we really didn't mind it. But eventually all this little stuff added up and got frustrating, especially after our stove burner exploded.

Seriously, the stove's largest burner caught fire and shot sparks across the kitchen on our 2nd day while my wife and daughter were browning hamburger. The sparks shot at eye level on my daughter. Both were unhurt but scared. I called the front desk, irate. I never got an apology, I never got "Is everyone okay?", and I never even got "Do we need to call the fire department?" What I got was, "The maintenance man is on another call, so I'll send him up when he gets back." We found out later that the maids had put aluminum foil in the drip pan and the electricity had jumped through that foil. They did fix the burner, but only one staff member (the first maintenance man they sent up) ever seemed concerned about my family's safety. He was the only staff member we found of any use.

The maid service was the worst I've ever seen anywhere. One day they never showed up. They brought us new towels, but they never put them on the racks or bars. They left them in trash bags on the bed or on the floor. One day they didn't even replace an empty roll of toilet paper. They just left a new roll on the bed with the towels. The front desk was just as useless, never offering us any apology or compensation for our stove incident. It took them three days to find someone to change a light bulb in our room. They also would not guarantee us a crib, even though we booked our stay over 6 months in advance. (They did have one for us, but it was unsettling not knowing if our baby would have a bed when we arrived.)

Despite all this, we still had fun in Myrtle Beach. I would strongly urge you to stay somewhere other than Ocean Park Resort, though.

Home Sweet Hell

When we first arrived, our room had a tiolet problem, and the inconsiderate staff said there were no other rooms available. So, we dealt with walking on squishy carpet for the first night, however, the tiolet clogged up on us three times. The security guard that they have is a waste of space, because I witnessed some "guests" get thrown out of their room for throwing ice over their balcony. I didn't know that ice, which melts in a matter of minutes, was a serious offense. My party and I then got moved to another room, where the shower curtain had a hole it in, one of the lights didn't work, and the t.v. was blurry. Not to mention the rudest staff in the state, I think they are trained that way. If you are browsing hotels, STEER CLEAR!!

Huge Mistake

To begin our stay, the toliet had overflowed from the previous guests and the hotel had done practically nothing to fix it. The carpet was soaked, leaving our room humid and reeking of mildew. They "couldn't" give us another room. During our stay, the toliet overflowed again, twice, leaving it unusable, along with the sink in our bathroom. During all these problems, the hotel staff was very unhelpful and rude. Everything in the hotel was run-down and dirty. Do not waste your time.

Bike Week....

My husband and I stayed there last May during bike week.. We liked it so much we are staying there again this May. The room we had was very nice and clean. The view of the ocean was fabulos. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Probably wouldn't visit again

Room was okay, depends on what you are you use to...I was expecting a really nice, resort...however, had some problems with the toilet, the outdoor pool was not ready, carpet was stickyin a few places, and the TVs in the room would fade in and out. In addition the room furniture was outdated, stains on the walls, and appliances were old and worn out.

Problems

I just returned from staying at Ocean Park and it was not at all what was advertised. This hotel needs a major renovation. The ceiling in my room was leaking the entire floor was covered in water, after returning from a day out. The outdoor hallway carpet leading to the elevators was nasty. The exterior was in o.k. condition and the pools were nice. The carpet in the room was pieced together instead of just replacing all the carpet. The ceiling had a large repaired place that had not been painted over. The maids didn't speak any English, so you couldn't communicate with them. If you need something, then you have to call the front desk and then someone will translate to the maids what is needed. I stayed frustrated the entire week.

Never Again

by TripAdvisor Member carribeangirl

We checked in around 10:30 pm on Thurs. night and were given a room that was comparible to a 1 star motel. The furniture was torn, the floors had hardly been vacuumed, the wallpaper was coming loose from the wall and the molding around the kitchen cabinets was coming off as well. I requested another room and it was actually worse than the first one. After checking out a couple more rooms, we finally ended up in a room that at least had new flooring. The bedspreads were torn and the furniture still had holes in it. The rooms are in severe need of renovation. On the up side of things, the hot tub outside was large and very nice late in the evening. Checking in and out wasn't too bad, however front desk clerks weren't very friendly. I have stayed at many hotels, motels and resorts and have come to expect anything when you check in. However, when you pay this much for a room you expect better accomodations than we received. They stated they had better rooms, but since we checked in late we were given the leftovers. What are reservations for? We won't be staying here again!!

Sunny days in Myrtle Beach

we stayed in the hotel from july 18th until july 25th.I think that the hotel was ok, but it would add to the impression if it was updatetd a bit. We were 10 people and had two rooms on the 8th floor (823+824).The rooms were ok, and a big plus was the washer and dryer. The rooms were clean, but coluld have been cleaned a bit more often.
Bottom line: ok and we will come again.Beautiful beach.

Canada + Norway.

This poor unnamed sucker got burned bad!This poor unnamed sucker got burned bad!

Nick playing golfNick playing golf

Pavillion scenePavillion scene