Oceans One Resort

102 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Oceans One Resort

Just amazing! (lots of details and info!)

by TripAdvisor Member rachel23love

Oceans One was exactly what we hoped for and more! Myself and my boyfriend stayed in room 801A, which is an oceanfront one bedroom condo. I've posted numerous pictures so you can see how lovely it is. We had floor to ceiling windows along the entire side of the room including the bedroom. There was a full kitchen with a beautiful table and chairs, full size stainless steel refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. Also a toaster, coffee pot, and closet with a stand up washer/dryer. Pots/Pans, and silverware cups, plates, and dishes for 6 were also provided. The living room had a large flat screen t.v., coffee table, full size pull-out leather couch, chair, and modern lamps and end tables. Our specific one-bedroom floor plan (called "unit 10) was such that we had a much larger balcony than the units that were facing straight to the ocean. Don't get me wrong, our room was still "oceanfront" it was just off to the side. So we had two entrances to the balcony which had four chairs and two end tables. Our bedroom had a king size bed with a nice leather headboard, small closet with iron/ironing board, and the huge windows looked straight out to the ocean. Awesome views! Our bathroom was great too, it had a jacuzzi tub and really nice orange scented shampoo and soap. The staff were equally as accommodating. Our housekeeper was pleasant, efficient, and brought all the towels and toiletries needed.

I had only a few very minute difficulties, one being that the lobby and check-in was across the street. It was no major inconvenience, but it sometimes took a while to cross if it was busy. Parking was more than ample, but that too is across the street. Again, not a big deal, the hotels are so closely situated that there simply is no room for a parking lot on the beach side of the street anyway. Also when we arrived only two of three elevators were operating. Sometimes it took a while to get up and down, but we're patient people and we didn't let it get to us. The third was fixed just a couple days later, and it helped immensely, so it seems they are staying on top of everything. The pool areas were great, there were a lot of children at times, but it didn't prevent us from swimming, hanging out in the lazy river or enjoying one of three of their jacuzzis. There was also a night guard, which was nice, and made me feel safer.

The only thing I really disliked (which has no reflection on the hotel itself, but the guests) was that starting at 9:00am, people would drape their towels over the beach chairs in the sunning area of the outdoor patio. They would "reserve" spots hours ahead and by 10 or 11 EVERY single chair would be "taken". This is not only rude but childish. Personally, we would rather just lay out on the beach, which we did. But had I wanted to go out to the patio, I would have no qualms about throwing their towels right in the pool! For the sake of future guests I hope they come up with a policy to stop it.

So overall, I definitely would recommend Oceans One to anyone. It was clean, new, and it was close to all the Ocean Blvd attractions and nightlife. (It was close to busy areas, but I honestly didn't hear a thing from the room, which was good) The room and amenities we got for the price were unbeatable, and I can't wait to come again!

What a Nightmare!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cheermom02

I just returned today from a week stay at Oceans One. My entire family was very excited about going and staying here because of the good reviews we had read. Well we were in for a big surprise. We arrived about 2:10 and was told that our room wasn't ready and that check in wasn't until 3:00 but the young guy at the desk went ahead and gave me my receipt and parking pass but wouldn't give me my keys until the room was ready. He never bothered to ask me how many cars I had or give me any information on the hotel such as where the parking was and that they had a fitness center on the second floor and a lounge beside it. He didn't even bother to tell me anything about the wrist bands that you are required to have at the pool areas. He just handed them to me along with my receipt and walked off. He didn't even bother to say Thank you or have a nice day. We came back around three and was told that the room still wasn't ready finally about 15 mins later I asked if we could have our keys so we could at least go in the bld and get out of the heat. I went upstairs to our floor and discovered why our room wasn't ready. The housekeeping staff was sitting in the hallway outside my room talking and my door was open from where they had been in there cleaning. It only got worse from there. The lock on the sliding balcony door in the bedroom was broken and wouldn't lock. All three bathrooms had bulbs out in them and the lighting in the rooms is very dim anyway. They were very prompt about fixing the balcony door lock when I told them that I had a three year old but I couldn't get them to replace bulbs in the bathrooms. Finally three days later when I flipped on the light switch in one of the bathrooms the only working bulb blew and I became very frustrated and called the front desk which didn't answer so I stopped by the office on my way out to the store and was told that they would replace the bulbs. My son was still in the room and called me a little later to say that they came and told him that they were out of the bulbs that are used in the bathroom fixtures and they are on back order and cost $20 a piece then maintenance left. I stopped at the desk on the way back and asked if they couldn't take bulbs out of another room and was told yes. When the maintenance guy came to the room he only replace bulbs in one bathroom and got an attitude with me when I told him that I expected to have lights in the bathroom for $250 a night and told me that it is normally $350 a night. Housekeeping for our room was awful. We didn't get towels until about 3:00 in the afternoon everyday and they wouldn't vacuumn unless you left notes asking them to and one day they didn't even empty the trash and made the beds very sloppy so that the blanket was hanging off the side in the floor. The elevators are terrible. They are very slow. They have three but only two were working for the first four days we were there because one of them had gotten stuck with people on it for about 2 hours the day before we arrived and didn't work for days. The tile floors in two of the elevators are all busted up and in pieces. The electric doors are supposed to stay locked all the time requiring you to use your room cards to enter the bldg but they didn't work at all for 5 days. They were open all the time so that anyone could come in if they wanted and the hotel isn't in the best area. Everyone was having problems with their room keys. They would work sometimes and then you would come back in and they wouldn't open the doors so you would have to go all the way back downstairs and across the street to the office to get new cards. There aren't any vening machines. There is a room that says vending but it's empty. When I asked about an ice machine I was told that they haven't been installed yet. They don't even have phone books in the rooms. The rooms were very nice but the hotel has a lot of problems. I spoke to the manager and he said that they have just gotten to the point of being booked full and are finding all of these problems. Therefore if you decide to stay here do yourself a favor and go during a slow time so that you can get decent service. They should have made sure that they had everything working before they opened. It has only been open for two months but you would think that it has been a lot longer when you look at some things. Also don't expect much from the young men at the front desk they are very rude and not helpful at all. The women do try to help and don't get an attitude with you. I originally booked at Sandy Beach and wish that I had stayed with my first choice. It is a lot nicer, it is next door to Ocean One.

Beautiful New Resort but teething right now.

by TripAdvisor Member Tonythewop

Booked the Oceans One after seeing their ad on Trip Advisor and seeing some of the first reviews.
Check-in was quick but lacked any info on the resort. There was no welcome package / instructions. you basically had to ask the questions since there was no info handed out. Apparently , the info package had not come in yet.
We stayed in a oceanfront 1 bedroom that slept six. It was beautiful with granite counters, new stainless appliances and flat screen tv's. One problem is that although it slept 6 there was only enough utensils and chairs for 4 ??? When we inquired at the front desk they indicated that the unit was "designed" this way ??
Amenities: The indoor and outdoor pools were beautiful and the water was sparkling clean. We did notice repair issues with loose railings around the main pool which was odd considering that the resort is barely 2 months old. We did find that the indoor pool was not sufficiently heated ( quite cold) such that it was not used much.
Other comments: We stayed at the resort for 8 nights and one of the three elevators was out of order for 6 days of the 8. Again , odd considering the age of the resort. Also, we noticed that there was basically no management presence around the pool areas all day long such that the guests ( kids) would do as they please. Also, the wristband system mentionned by the management in a previous review was not enforced ( again since there was no one around the pool area ) such that most people did not even bother to wear them. Also, the secure card entry system was only functional for 2 days out of the 8.
Conclusion: Oceans One is a beautiful new resort with beautiful rooms and amenties but they are going through some teething right now and I would think this resort would be "EXCELLENT" in a year from now once they iron out their kinks. Nonetheless we had a great time and it is perfectly located and, would certainly look into going back next year if they do not raise their rates but they are going to have to supply more utensils and chairs.

Need to work out some kinks

by TripAdvisor Member KentuckyJust_Beachy

Oceans One Resort recently opened in Spring 2008. I came across this on the internet and booked through the resort using their online booking system "We Rent Rooms". The accomodations I rented online were exactly what we needed since we were traveling with 4 teenage boys. The price was for the Condo was good also. However, after I booked online, we received a phone call from the resort telling us that they would not be able to provide us with the bedding situation we had reservations for because they go through the request the following day and they did not have this available. They did adjust the room rate due to this which was great. But they need to have a better system set up for online booking. Also, the elevators were not working good the entire week we were their and we were on the 17th floor. This is a new place and they have some minor things that need to be worked out, such as, this is supposed to be a NON Smoking property, however, while laying out by the pool, guest were smoking and no one approached them to stop, even though signs were posted that they would be fined. They need to enforce their rules if they are going to keep this place an upscale property. The place was beautiful and I would stay there again. I would suggest a pool-side bar with snacks also.

Poor Management

by TripAdvisor Member fourwinns248

We stayed at Oceans One from June 22nd till June 27th. We went to check-in which was supposed to be at 3:00pm and were told that it wasn't ready till after 3pm...3:30 still wasn't ready along with many other frustrated travelers! The front desk staff were down right rude! No one EVER said a simple "I am sorry we are having a issue and we will get your room ready ASAP" Do these people not know the first rule of customer service? Sorry goes a long way, we weren't asking for much. We finally got checked in at 4:15 and then had to deal with trying to get a cart for our luggage....what a nightmare!!!! Don't get me started on the elevator situation, only two worked and there was never any room. The lobby where the elevators are was always soaking wet...an accident waiting to happen. Anyone could come in off the street and go into the pool area and the hotel. There was NO security present whatsoever, NO one was wearing there blue bands at the pool and the step to the beach was broken and rotted. My husband and I felt that there were safety concerns...no one was around in case of an emergency, you would have to cross the street to get a live human being that worked there. He did speak to the manger who was very apologetic about the situation upon check in and told us he had no idea that there were so many problems. My other concern was that we had three small kids and had a hard time trying to cross the busy street to get to the parking lot...this isn't anything the resort had control over, but is was a concern of ours! The hotel itself was nice and clean the pools were well kept. I have to say the cleaning staff were Extremely nice and friendly...maybe they should work in customer service!

GREAT HOTEL, COOL ROOMS, BARGAIN PRICED

by TripAdvisor Member billyba

I stayed in this hotel over the 4th of July weekend and have to say that it was the best choice I have made. This for sure is one of the best properties on myrtle beach. We had an excellent view of the ocean, the hotel is entirely smoke free, and the I couldn't get enough of the lazy river they had pool side. Recommend to anyone looking for a fun time.

Absolute best place to stay in Myrtle Beach!!

by TripAdvisor Member Charlestonfamily

WOW! All I can say is - disregard the negative reviews on this site - I do not see how anyone could rate this hotel as anything less than EXCELLENT. I grew up going to Myrtle Beach as a kid and my family used to have a cottage in Surfside (South of Myrtle). I used to be a lifeguard at Myrtle Beach and I know my way around very well. As I got older I lived in Hilton Head and thought my days in Myrtle were over. After having kids, boy did things change. My wife and i have take our 3 sons to Myrtle Beach several times and since we live in Charleston - its a great trip and is only 90 minutes away. We still like to stay in Myrtle Beach to take in a whole weekend. There is so much to do with Broadway at the Beach, Hard Rock Park and Market Commons. All of these places are very close to Oceans One. This is a brand new condominium project and is in SUPERB condition. We stayed in a 3 bedroom oceanfront condo on the corner and it was nothing short of spectacular. STEPHANIE who booked our room helped us upgrade from a 1 bedroom unit to a 3 bedroom and the price was amazingly affordable. WHEN BOOKING THE ROOM BE SURE TO ASK FOR STEPHANIE - she was most helpful and very friendly. Upon arrival the unit was spotless and dust free. All the rooms are nicely appointed and the views are amazing. I have never stayed in a nicer place in Myrtle Beach! It is so close to everything and the staff was excellent - the pools and amenities were perfect. FORGET ABOUT Dunes Village, Royal Palms or Island Vista - OCEANS ONE is head and shoulders better than all of those. OCEANS ONE is Number One in our book. We have been to the other resorts and were disappointed. Dunes Village ain't got nuthin' on Oceans One! LOL. We love OCEANS ONE and may even consider buying a condo unit there. Thanks again to Stephanie!

FOR FAMILIES, FOR HONEYMOONERS, FOR ANYONE - this is THE PLACE to stay in Myrtle Beach - BAR NONE!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bear63Nc

Our first impression was when my wife called to make the reservation. We inquired about a special of "stay 3 nights and get one free". She was informed this was available. An hour later, when she called back to book the room, my wife was told that special was not available. My wife gave the young man's name that she had spoken to earlier and the lady prompty commented that "she would rip him a new one" for telling her that it was available.

We checked in on 6/28/2008 to the first example of the surly, unfprofessional hotel staff at the front desk. The front desk is basically run by kids who obviously hate working there. No smiles, no hello, no how are you--anything. All you get from this group is a scowl and some grumbling. Since the room was not ready, the delightful bunch at the front desk informed us to go to the 2nd floor and we could change and go to the beach while we waited for our room to get ready. Upon arriving on the 2nd floor, I could not believe the smell. It was the most awful, rotten smell you could imagine. We held our breaths long enough to change and head to the beach.

After getting our room, the view is magnificent. However, the place is literally falling apart. To be a brand new faciltiy, they need lots of repairs. For example, the tile in all the elevators are completely cracked. The elevators are among the nastiest I have ever been in. There are fingerprints and smear marks all over the elevator walls. Next, the steps going down to the beach are broken and were for the entire stay, creating a major safety hazard, and no one bothered to fix it. In addition, the maid service is almost non existent. We got one set of towels and had to wash them over and over again. The cleaning job is very spotty. I overheard one of the housekeepers in the elevator tell another lady who was working with her and appeared to be new that she couldn't wait to "breeze through the day, get her check, and get out of there by 2:00". This conversation took place in the elevator in front of myself and another guest.

On the next to last day of my stay, a man appeared to be really drunk at the pool and was throwing chairs and falling in the pool and hot tubs. He was harassing guests at the pool. When someone called the front desk, instead of sending security (which there wasn't any), they sent the three maintenance guys who appeared to be afraid of him, just standing there and watching this tirade.

Finally, upon checking out---I wanted to see if they would ask about my stay, so I could give them my feedback. However, they said nothing. Even the worst hotels ask you how your stay was. The same sultry young man that helped me when I checked in charged my card and tossed me the receipt. There was even a lady who appeared to be a manager at the desk and she looked unhappy and said nothing as well.

It is ashamed that this isn't the nicest property at Myrtle Beach. The building from the outside is beautiful and the view is fantastic. However, the management at this hotel is awful, the building is dirty and falling apart. There is no security. The arm bands that are given to you are not monitored. No one at the pool had one on. Spend your money somewhere else at Myrtle Beach.

Won't Stay There Again

by TripAdvisor Member DebbieM8Tenn

First, the online reservation system has never worked to my knowledge. When we arrived at check in time our room wasn't ready. We were told to leave our cell phone number and they would call us within the hour. Came back a couple of hours later since we hadn't received a call and front desk said room was still not ready. Parked and walked across 4 lane busy highway to motel. Check in and parking is across street from motel. Went up to room and housekeeping let us in room-it was ready. Stayed in room for a while, went and brought car over to unload, there is only room for one car at a time to unload under the cover to the hotel and elevators. Only two out of three elevators working. Went back to check in desk to get keys. They argued and called over a supervisor who all told me room wasn't ready. I finally got the keys several hours after check in time. The room was very nice. Don't understand why heat lamp bulbs are installed in the hallway in the room. Put out a lot of heat for no reason. Surprised the Fire Dept. allowed the side of the refrigerator to be butted up against the stove with the stove burners only inches from the refrigerator side. Had a sink and dishwasher and washer and dryer. Had no dishwasher or washer soap. Asked housekeeping for some to no avail. Had to wash towels with shampoo every night so that we would have towels for the next day. Pool is very small. Hand rails into pool are broken. Concrete steps going into pool are very slick. I immediately fell and busted my butt. A lady at the pool said she had done so also the day before. Both ends of the pool have pool handrails that have broken out of the ground. The three wooden steps going from the hotel to the beach had the middle step broken complete into and was completely unusable. Everyone had to step across the middle step to get in or out. The concrete on the outside of the balcony is very sharp and painful to your feet. Why you would put super slick concrete steps into the pool and very rough concrete on the outside balcony from your bedroom and living room is a mystery to me. No where to eat. No ice in room until you get your refrigerator to start making it. Vending rooms are all empty of any machines. Finally on the second day a person at the pool told us about the second floor room that has a snack machine and coffee. No maid service for three days. I saw the maid one day and we were all still asleep and told her no to come back. On day four the maid came in, emptied the trash can, left a pack of dishwasher detergent but didn't bother to start the full dishwasher of dirty dishes. I thought she had changed the beds but she just took the sheets off and threw them in the closet and made the beds back up with no sheets. The elevators are horrible. Broken chunks of tile are missing, they are dirty, the speaker crackles and pops and you only hear a few words. They finally put big mats over the nasty floors in the elevators. I never saw anybody that worked there except for the maid and a maintenance guy who only turned the pools and spa on and shoveled sand from the outdoor faucet and sucked sand out of the swimming pool. Once you check in, you are on your on. No phone numbers are at the phone to let you know what number to call if you need anything. Because there is nobody there to call if you need anything. I was very disappointed in this place. I am going to beg Embassy Suites/Hilton to let me come back to them. I made a big mistake going here. The front desk people are very unhelpful, unknowledgeable, etc. They could care less if you were there or not. Whoever owns this place needs to go there and take some pride in it. There is no obvious ownership or management oversight whatsoever.

Big Let Down!!!

by TripAdvisor Member focker30

My husband and I just returned from five night stay at Oceans One and unfortunately, not a great experience. It all started with check-in. We arrived at 2:45, check-in suppose to be 3. It was 3:30 before our room was ready! There were alot of unhappy guests also waiting to check in. The guys at the desk looked to be teens who could really care less. There were no luggage carts available so we had to tote everything up! Our room was suppose to be oceanfront but more like city/oceanview. So if you want o/f you might want to specify direct oceanfront. The room was not very clean to say the least. There was a big brown spot on the bedspread and sand all on the bathroom foor. There was also crumbs all over the counters and the floors had obviously not been cleaned. Also every time you opened the fridge the whole thing came rolling out in the floor.

The pool area did seem to be clean, but the armbands were not enforced at all. Not once did we see any kind of secrurity. The elevators were very smelly and the tile was all broken. Also the card entry leading to the pool area didn't work half the time.

We stayed at Sandy Beach Resort just a couple months ago and it was much better, I would advise there instead of this so-called resort!!

Comments