2201 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• BED BUGS!

Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving. We checked into this ocean front hotel and experienced a problem with our sheets having blood stains. When we complained to management, we were credited a couple days stay. By the end of the week we discovered, as I feel certain management had to have already realized, the blood stains on our sheets was caused by a horrendous case of BED BUGS confirmed by one of the hotel’s night watch staff at 2:00am!!! I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

Directions: Ocean Front

• Great oceanfront resort

Loved this oceanfront resort. The resort had indoor/outdoor pools, hot tubs, lazy river, and kiddie pools. http://www.paradiseresortmb.com/

Unique Quality: The resort had indoor/outdoor pools, hot tubs, lazy river, and kiddie pools.

More about Paradise Resort

New resort/great size for 3bedroom

by TripAdvisor Member JohnathansTravel

Booked a 3 bedroom oceanfront unit for Labor Day Weekend. Upon arrival at 7pm, checkin at front desk was friendly and helpful. Parking deck under hotel was full (as are most decks at hotels at Myrtle Beach get in the summer), so we parked in the hotels lot across the street (no big deal, walked 500 ft). This is truly more of a condominium type setting property than a hotel. The entrance and small lobby very small. 4 elevators/all worked well and moved quickly. Very small lazy river and swimming pool. We were too busy with baseball tournament to use, but I can see how easily people would find this crowded during the heart of summer and it is VERY small compared to other resorts that boast of their pool/lazy river setup. If you are going specifically to a resort to use this, this is not the place for you. The beach is gorgeous and lifeguards set up chairs and umbrellas in front of the hotel for rent. This is located at the south end of Myrtle in a quiet, away from the strip setting. You have to drive a block over to kings hwy for restaurants. There is nothing within walking distance except a little convenient mini mart across the street.

This resort is brand new and it looks and smells brand new. None of the mildew, trafficked look and smell. We did run into a slight problem upon going up to our room. When we went in, the unit was not finished being cleaned. Someone kind of stopped cleaning and just left some stuff undone (not dirty, just not completed). We called down to the front desk and they asked us if we would go up one floor to another 3 bedroom and someone would meet us with a key. We did this. A guy came up with a key. This unit was clean, but someone had left an entire carpet cleaning system with hoses in the middle of the floor. The guy removed it, and commented that there has been problems periodically with the front desk and housekeeping not communicating about what rooms are ready. None the less, it was remedied quickly.

The unit itself was really nice. I am a travel agent and often say I am going to stop going to Myrtle Beach because the resorts get so trafficked and run down. I don't know how many square feet this 3BR was, but it was huge. Not an efficiency kitchen, but a real kitchen, 6 person table, couch and two comfortable matching chairs in living room, two of the bedrooms had two double beds in each and a tv in each. One bathroom in hallway that connected to one bedroom. The master bedroom had a double bed (thought it was going to be a queen) with its own bathroom. The bathrooms are huge. The balcony went all the way across the front of the living room and to the end of the master bedroom. Sliding glass doors to it from the LR and the master bedroom. We were on the 18th floor, so when you were sitting on the couch all you could see was ocean. The carpet, bedspreads, furniture, all brand new. We were very pleased with the quality of the unit. The only thing that I would have liked different was the small bed in the master was a downer. A queen would have had no trouble fitting. Also, the beds were extremely hard....but common at beach hotels at Myrtle or the caribbean.
The "restaurant..bar...grill", not sure what to call it, basically operates or serves food based on occupancy. Don't rely on it for sustainance.
Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at this property in the future.
We were very satisfied overall.

Loved our stay!

by TripAdvisor Member sassysassygirl

We were so pleased with our Myrtle Beach vacation! We stayed at the Paradise Resort and plan to revisit next year. Everything about the Paradise Resort was wonderful. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff could not have been friendlier. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. It is the perfect place for families!

grat vacation

by TripAdvisor Member bestbuddies

Stayed at the paradise for 9 nights and loved it. We had a one bedroom unit B and it was spacious and clean. The washer and dryer were a bonus. The parking was a little tight but not too bad. The staff were great. If I had one gripe it was that we had a couple of bothersome pigeons doing their business on our balcony. We will difinately be returning next year.

Couldn't be happier

by TripAdvisor Member soverign

My wife and two kids stayed at the Paradise in a one room, two bed suite. We had no problems whatsoever with anything. The room was clean the view was beautiful and the staff was friendly. If you're looking for an affordable hotel on the beach I would recommend the Paradise. Parking could be better but it was not a big problem.

Would Recommend--Will Return

by TripAdvisor Member BeachBums2907

The staff was very friendly. We had a prompt check-in and out. The hotel was clean and the room was very clean...room just as described online. We had good room service and a great oceanfront view. The pool was nice and the lazy river was great. We were very pleased with our choice of hotel and we plan to book our beach vacation next year at this same resort. No complaints!

by TripAdvisor Member waitedtoolong4MB

We stayed at the Paradise Resort from July 29 until August 3, 2007. I found the hotel on a website and it was a last-minute idea to go to Myrtle Beach. I was bracing myself to be laughed at for trying to book a suite on 3 days notice, but was surpised to be able to get the room we needed. My husband, 20-year-old son, 22-year-old daughter and I were pleasantly surprised with the room, as a matter of fact, my daughter didn't want to know where we were staying or what the room lay out was like but gave me a " High-Five" when she saw what it looked like inside and after opening the balcony door and hearing the ocean for the first time. That was worth the price of the suite right there!! We got there late Sunday night ( from Ohio ) so we just kind of did a quick check-out of the suite, put our clothes away and headed right for a walk on the beach. The beach was clean-- no litter, glass, soda cans -- the sand was like powder. I was very happy to see that people actually CARED about keeping the area nice and safe if you wanted to take your shoes off and enjoy the beach. The room itself was clean and fresh, the full kitchen had extras like a blender, coffee pot, can opener, toaster, silverware, dishes, pots & pans, cups, utensils... nice dining area to seat 6, living room with sleeper sofa, TV, and wireless internet access, spotless bathrooms, washer-dryer in the room, ironing board ( for those who REALLY need one on vacation !!) , a pre-cooled room (A/C was on ) and a wonderful balcony view of the ocean. We did not hear our neighbors -- no toilets flushing or water running, no pounding on the walls/floors from the room upstairs or next door, very quiet !! There were a few drawbacks though : the mattresses were quite uncomfortable, you would think that they would have put more thought into a pillow-top or some kind of memory foam mattress. The one in the master bedroom felt like it was leaning to the side, so I put a pillow under it between the mattress and the box spring and it helped a bit. The windows from the bedrooms pointing into the hallway were strange and really not needed. To block the light coming from the hall, we put a blanket supplied by the resort over the curtains. It helped a bit. Why hotels and such don't have the curtains go all the way to the floor to block light out is beyond me !! The parking garage was narrow, it only went to the 4th floor, and confining for someone ( like us ) who were driving a conversion van. There was ample parking right across the street though. The hotel room service staff were pleasant, but spoke Spanish amognst themselves and very broken English. I found that uncomfortable, we didn't know what they were saying and I don't think they understood us well -- we asked for a replacement light bulb for the lamp in the living room 2 days in a row, and were smiled at -- but no light bulb !! The wheeled luggage carts were as valuable as gold on the morning of check-out, we didn't find one until 30 minutes before check-out -- we found out why : people were stashing them in their rooms the night before to be able to have one first thing. We literally had to ask someone to bring one to our room when they were done with it to make sure we would get one. Oh, well - live and learn.
All in all it was a wonderful stay at Paradise Resort, its not often you hear about adult children interested in vacationing with their parents, but we were fortunate enough to have that experience.
Oh, by the way, if you go to one of those "time share" presentations through one of the tourist information spots and get lured in with free tickets to a show, South Carolina LAW states that the tour can not be more than 90 minutes. We found out the hard way after losing 1.8 hours of our vacation to get Le Grand Cirque tickets. If, after 90 minutes, you are not interested in the program, you may ask for your tickets from the presenter and be on your way. They must give them to you. We learned that from another presenter we saw at a restaurant.
We do recommend the Medieval Times dinner and show, a real treat for the horse lover and jousting fan. Be warned- all food is eaten without silverware and it is dark during the show. Also, see the Ripley's Aquarium - new this year I believe. Touch a barbless stingray, hold horseshoe crabs, enjoy the moving walkway under the sharks. Le Grand Mall is awesome, just 15 minutes from the resort. We went to Captain Georges( 1401 29th Avenue North ) for a seafood buffet you won't believe ! Bring a GPS system if you have one, the streets are a bit confusing until you get used to how they divided Myrtle Beach. Ocean Boulevard is where most of the hotels/resorts are - King's Highway is the backbone of Myrtle Beach.
Hope this helps, if you decide to stay at Paradise Resort we hope you have a wonderful and memorable time !!

Truely Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member britnus

My second visit to Myrtle Beach since 1999. My 6 year old son and I loved this resort. At this time of year the beaches were not too overcrowded and the resort was quiet. Rooms were great. Only complaint I had was that the walls were thin. If you are located near the elevator the noise of the automated attendent announcing the floor levels would soon get on your nerves.

Customer service was great. The bulbs had blown in two of the end table lamps in our condo but the maintenance guy was there in a heartbeat. People at the front desk were very friendly and gave great tips on getting to the attractions.

We will be returning!

Truly Paradise........

by TripAdvisor Member bbrk07

We just stayed for a long weekend at the Paradise resort. We loved it. The front desk staff was super friendly and fast. They even gave us a 15% discount on the room. We arrived at midnight after leaving our first resort because it was so nasty we wouldn't stay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo (Unit C). It was huge! It felt like an apartment. We had plenty of room to stretch out and relax. It was super clean and everything seemed new. We were surprised when housekeeping arrived at 9:45 in the morning. According to the front desk staff their hours are from 9-2. But we called the front desk and they told us that we could set up to have them come after lunch. The only other thing to compain about was that they have a full kitchen but no salt, pepper, sugar, or dishwashing liquid. But, of course that's no big deal. The condos are all oceanfront and have a wonderful view! We were also close to everything we wanted to do! We are planning to go back and stay here again next October. We loved it.

Just ok

by TripAdvisor Member 55s_dad

We were down with our baseball team and the property was almost empty but they were not able to put us together. We were scattered on all floors. Our room was on the Penthouse level, 20th floor. Nothing special there, just the top floor. One other parent was on our floor along with a bachleor party with dancers, running up and down the hall at 4am. With the hotel so empty, I don't think they used good judgement in placing the party group on our floor.

The beds were small and VERY firm. I'm 6'2" and my wife 5"9" and we slept in separate beds. Me diagionally just to get my feet on the bed. My son slept on the pull out sofa which was more comfortable than the beds. The room could sleep 8 but you wouldn't be able to move with that many people and only 1 bath.

The bath had 2 towel bars and no hair dryer. Again, I don't know how 8 people could get thru the bathroom at shower time. Soap, shampoo and lotion provided and replaced daily. No facial tissues.

Full kitchen and the coffee service was replaced daily.

Poor workmanship when the facility was built. We had unpainted drywall patches in our room.

My room key did not work and had to be replaced.

Televisions were good and inroom internet required you to supply an ethernet cable. No wireless but we found an open network and piggybacked.

Elevators are not air conditioned and would guess they get pretty warm in the summer. They were stuffy for us.

The lazy river is tiny as is the pool. I don't know how they bill them as indoor. They are under the building. The pool extends out to the patio area. There are flexible heating ducts above this covered area that let's them bill it as being inside.

Drink machines as far as I could tell were only on floors 1,3 and 5. No ice machines; you had to go to a convenience store across the street.

No outside trash cans.

6 luggage carts for checking in/out. Probably not enough for in season.

Parking is very tight but doable.

Wakeup call was on time.

Comments