1001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• SAVE YOUR MONEY UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING ROBBED

Lets just say i won't be staying here ever again. The people that work nights are the most rudest people I have ever met. And don't bother to put any "special comments" when you make your reserverations because they don't give a rats butt about what you request for, especially the ones at night. I asked for a low floor due to having a little one and when I checked in she gave me the fifth floor and did i mention the couple in front of me, who by the way were walk ins, got a 2nd floor room. And when I requested a lower floor i was informed that they were booked. REALLY...if that was the case then why did you have a "VACANCY" sign on...idiots. Then when I sucked it up for the night, the floor in my room was soaked due to the air conditioner was leaking on the inside instead of the outside and my bed--when i sat on it i fell in the middle where the big hole was and the poor excuse of a chair they put in your room was barely standing-when you sat in it-it rocked and no it wasn't a rocking chair.. BUT when daylight came, I spoke to 2 very nice and very helpful women who moved me to the 3rd floor which was better...still high but better. If it hadn't been for them, I would have been more than happy to lose my money and went somewhere else. I have stayed at this place one other time and NEVER experienced such a horrible time. SO needless to say this will be the very last time i will ever step foot in such a nightmare. I guess you get what you paid for which was rude employees, stinking rooms, soaked floors and beds that swallow you whole.

Unique Quality: The only good thing about this place was the view and the day shift employees.

• WORST HOTEL EVER!!

DO NOT STAY HERE, VERY DIRTY. MY ROOM WAS VERY SMELLY I ASKED AND ASKED FOR HELP FROM STAFF NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP! THE PICTURES ARE VERY DECEIVING! WE HAD 3 DIFFERENT ROOMS AND ALL WERE SAME WAY JUNK!!! VERY POOR MANAGEMENT

Directions: SOUTH MYRTLE BEACH

More about Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort

It Wasn't What People Think Until U See For Yourself

I was just there for the week of 6/14-6/17. It actually wasn't that bad. When I read the reviews I thought I was in trouble cause I already booked then I read the thoughts. The front desk staff was very friendly. I didn't have problems with the room. I could said it's what you pay for is what you get. I matched perfectly with my budget. The heated pool was kind of cold, but i'm always cold. I was in a "no view" room and it was no problem. It was a budget hotel that fit perfecty. The maids were on time on cleaning, but I was not up at 8 o'clock, but when I left for a few hours everything was back how we seen it when we first arrived new towels, wash cloths, and my bed was even made because we haha 4got 2 make it.

Eh... it's not that bad.

We just got back from the Polynesian. We'd stayed there before, so we knew what to expect. However, I checked out their web site before we went and nearly died laughing. The Photoshopped pictures on the web site are sooo misleading. It, like all the other hotels on the Strand, is shoulder-to-shoulder with other buildings, not floating out in the ocean by itself. Also, calling it a "resort" is going to lead to complaints. Regardless of the technical definition, "resort" implies to most people a certain level of amenities and decor that are most definitely lacking at the Polynesian. It is in no way a resort other than the fact that there is more than one building.

That said, if you need a cheap place to stay (which we did) it's not too bad. The rooms themselves were sort of run-down, but clean. The balcony was hideous, and I don't have high standards. The white plastic chairs were covered in a grungy gray film, and the entire balcony floor stayed soaking wet because of the condensation from the air conditioner.

I could tell they tried to keep the elevators clean, but they did it by dousing them with some horrible smelling cleaner that didn't do anything except cover up the original smell of wet clothes, too many people, etc. The pool was clean, but not pristine. Security was everywhere, and even though we saw a lot of teens and young adults we were never disturbed in any way.

The daytime front office staff was VERY friendly and helpful; the night desk staff not so much.

So this sounds like a negative review, but we had a fine time because we just handled or overlooked the not-so-nice aspects to enjoy our time at the beach. The oceanfront room where we stayed was VERY close to the water, and has a great view of the fireworks at the 2nd Avenue Pier. And there's a Lymo stop right outside, which was handy for getting around when traffic was bad (the Lymo is the local bus system -- cheap, fast, and really nice buses).

If you just want to go and don't have much cash, you could do a lot worse than the Polynesian.

Wonderful

On Senior Beach Week 2004 my brothas n I stayed at the Polynesian. This hotel was incredible. We stayed 5 days, the hot maids were always knockin on the door at 9 a.m. every morning to clean the room. The ocean view was outstanding, n the ladies was out of this world. With-out-a-doubt we will be staying at the polynesian in 2005.

REALLY SUCKS

This hotel was really really gross. Checked in at 10:30 and was horrified about the room. First off the bathroom shower was full of mold & mildew, there was no window in the bathroom. My husband found it on the floor and had to put it in himself. The oven was and the tv did not work. We spent the night with the lights on so we would not have any four legged visitors, and ended up sleeping on our beach towles so we would not have to touch the bed. The next day we had to be up early for an appointment and did not have time to complain until 5:30 pm. We did end up getting one night back in full. I would never ever stay there again. Truck stops in the middle no where are cleaner than this place.

AWFUL HOTEL, STAY AWAY

I hated this hotel, it was dingy and dirty, the pictures on the website are false. Staff is slow to respond. When I returned to my room the next day they had not cleaned the room, I called and complained a hour later asking for a manager and only then did they send someone to clean the room and leave clean towels. I was suppose to stay for 3 nights, but checked out first thing Sunday morning, only staying 2 nights. When I first saw the room I immediately turned around and tried to find other accomodations and could not find any. I slept on my beach towels the entire stay. Stay away unless you are use to below average hotels. I argued with the manager to refund my money with no avail, I took the loss, rather than stay another night in this dump

Please, please, please, don't do it!!!

My children and I stayed at the Polynesian Resort back in the summer of 1989, and honestly, back then it wasn't really that bad. It was clean, and the maids actually spoke English!! So before I left for vacation this year (we go to Myrtle Beach every year) I did check the reviews and I honestly thought the people were kinda exaggerating. Let me tell you, the Polynesian in truly one of the most disgusting, filthy places that I've been in a long time!! Black mold is all around, I went to get ice from the ice machine, and couldn't believe the black dirt and filth around it!! The hallways and stairways, I could never find appropriate words to describe how utterly horrible they were!! Even the basics (towels, blankets) are hard to get!! The maids would clean our room, and leave four washcloths and NO towels or handtowels!!! We would have to call down to the front office and were told on several occasions that they would send them up after they finished folding them!!! What is that???? Blankets weren't furnished, we had to call down to the front office for them, also!! And each time we were told to come down and get them, once we were told they were short, my daughter and her husband (who, unfortunately, came with me) were told they could only get one because they were short on blankets!! There was no clocks or radios in the rooms. The water was off for over four hours one day due to a pipe bursting, which horribly inconvenienced us because we couldn't take a shower to go down to the Family Kingdom!! Each time we called down to ask when it would be on the answer was "It should be about ten or fifteen minutes". I'm definitely not hard to please, and I'm the type of person who figures that all you're going to be doing is sleeping in the room, not much time other than that is going to be spent there, BUT PEOPLE, even I have to say whatever you do, DON'T EVER. NEVER, STAY AT THE POLYNESIAN!! IT IS NOT A RESORT--IT IS A PIG STY, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! Also, the maids and most of the staff didn't even speak English!! If you saw them in the hallway and asked for a towel or something, it was hard because they would give you a puzzled look while shaking their head and muttering 'Me no speaka englis".

very friendly, was all we needed

by TripAdvisor Member shellwinn

We stayed at the Polynesian August 23-26, 2004. For us it was just fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room was very clean. We have stayed in popular name hotels and found some to be terrible. All we wanted was a clean place to sleep and eat and thats what we got. I suppose it depends on what you are there for. We just wanted to lay on the beach and relax and thats what we did. The place was reasonable in price and we couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Stay away

by TripAdvisor Member embutterfly75

This was the worst place I have ever stayed at. The first room we got was gross, mold in bathroom and on carpet, carpet was dirty, even the pillows had stains on them. I asked for another room, it wasn't much better but after driving all night with two hours of sleep we took it. There was mold in the bathroom of this room, the handle to the sliding glass room was off the door, tv barely worked and i wouldn't of dared take my shoes off in the place, because your feet would be black. Housekeeping was nice but not so true about the front desk. Had no toliet paper or sheet for pull out bed when we checked in and when we asked for them they acted like it was a problem. I can't believe anyone gave this hotel a good review, maybe they got ocean front. But whatever you do, check the rooms out before you decide to stay.

Not so bad...

Well I thought things would be much worse!!!!! I have never stayed here and there were some bad reviews but the price was GREAT! Well it was not bad at all. There was a musty/mildew smell but the friendly gent at the front desk explained that some windows were blown out during the hurricane and rain got in before they were allowed back into the beach. He had housekeeping come to our room and spray something and with in 30 minute it smelled much better. I think people should be understanding and logical...they had just been recently blasted by a hurricane! We have found a home away from home in Myrtle Beach...Thank you.

smiles abound

I had a wonerful time. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Spanish speaking maids understood what I needed. Plus they are always smiling. This is a friendly fun place. No frills, nice pools and lots of good times.

KISS coffeehouseKISS coffeehouse

Taking it easyTaking it easy

Burkys hamburgerBurkys hamburger