Roxanne Towers

1604 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

More about Roxanne Towers

Well worth the Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member MsCP

We spent two nights at the Roxanne Towers on 3/18/06-3/20/06. This hotel is central to the everything. Walking distance to the Pavillion, etc. We had a one bedroom deluxe suite. My companion and I were more than pleased with the layout of the room and the cleanliness. The decor was exceptional, unlike the cheap hotel furniture you may be accustomed to in some Myrtle Beach Hotels. We loved the view. The only complaint we had was the limited parking and the layout of the balconies. The balcony is rather close to the room next door. It did not bother me at all, however my companion did not care for it. I would definitely stay there again and plan to do so in the very near future. I loved this hotel and the price is unmatched. One warning. please be sure to limit your phone calls. The hotle charges $.50 cents for each call, even with a calling card. Give the Roxanne Towers a try. You will not be dissapointed.

Fantastic

We just returned from Roxanne Towers, and our first trip to Myrtle. Our whole family had an incredible time, especially including our elementary age kids.

The Hotel: more like an nice, new apartment on the beach than an hotel. Not a lot of hotel-like amenities like breakfast or gym....but did have coffee, good cleaning service, very clean pools. Almost exclusively families staying there as well. By far the best price for the type of room we needed (1 br suite so mom and dad could have their own bedroom).

Location - this was my first trip to Myrtle and really didn't know what to look for or where to stay. I am very happy with this spot. Two blocks from the fun Pavilion area (amusement park, shops, eats, clubs, pier, games, boardwalk, mini golf....on and on). Less than 15 min drive to Restaraunt Row, 3 minutes from Boardwalk at the Beach (giant outdoor mall thingy), minigolf everywhere which our kids loved....perfect location.

We will certainly stay there again!!

Some drawbacks

by TripAdvisor Member kaikai56

Stayed in the Penthouse, which was just Floor #13--Not sure it was worth the extra money. Room was clean but not as well equipped as I would have thought. Tub was tricky, slipped a couple of times as the end is angled. The shower curtain was cloth. The hairdryer was poor, sucking hair into the end of it. Balconey is not at all private, as the railing extends past the dividing walls. We could actually see into the next room's bedroom. It was also littered with bird turd. Parking was limited, although you could park across the street. And, my biggest complaint: no restroom at the pool level, which meant taking the elevator every time to the 13th floor.

Absolutely loved the Roxanne

by TripAdvisor Member buzzs

Over the past 4 years my family and I stayed in different Hotels which included the Avista, Beach Cove and Carribean Resorts. The Roxanne was by far the best experience we had while spending a week at MB. Previous posts complain abouthe lack of privacy on balconies which was not a concern for us. I thought it gave an open panaromic view of ocean and coastline. We stayed in Penthouse 6 on the top floor which is on one of the corners. Corner rooms are nice since you get an added bonus of a view of the Ocean blvd strip from a big window in the second bedroom. The condo was very equipped and even included a dvd player in living room. Lots of closets, drawers and places to put stuff which was lacking in the Avista we stayed at last year. The housekeeping staff was best we ever have been arround. They serviced the room promptly when we left for breakfast or an activity. Not once all week did we return to the beds unmade even if we were gone for not much more than an hour.
The hotel staff at the front desk were very friendly and made us feel at home. I can't count how many times they greeted us at the door and opened it for us. They really made us feel welcome. Since the hotel is smaller than the other resorts we stayed at we never really waited for an elevator, luggage cart, poolside chair, parking spot and so on. The location of the hotel is close to everything. It was an easy walk to the Pavillion with my 5 year old. A few minute drive Broadway at the Beach. Close to all the action but a quiet family friendly hotel.
All in all I couldnt have asked for a better experience. We all loved the Condo, location and staff and will be returning there next year. We finally found our MB home!

This motel was wonderful!!!!

Roxanne Towers is a wonderful place to stay in Myrtle Beach. We (my family and I) had originally had reservations at another motel in Myrtle Beach. But upon our arrival and check in ...it was a dump! It was so nasty that I wouldn't take my shoes off and walk on the carpet. Needless to say, we had to end up staying the night there, because it was Fourth of July weekend and everything was booked. But the following day we went looking for a new hotel and to our surprise...Roxanne Towers had some rooms. We went up and took a tour of the room before we actually agreed to stay there and we couldn't believe our eyes of how nice and clean it was. My family and I were jumping with joy that we had finally found somewhere nice to stay for the remaining 6 days of our vacation. We loved every single thing about the Roxanne Towers (location,cleaniness,customer service, etc....) I highly recommend this motel to everyone.

Best pace in Myrtle Beach to stay!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Camman21

We have been to Myrtle Beach SEVERAL times, and this was by far the best vacation we have ever had!
First let me say, we have stayed at many different places in MB, but we have found the BEST PLACE!
The staff was very accomodating and polite, and helped us whenever we needed it.
The rooms were clean and really big, and we loved the kitchen and laundry rooms.
If you are tired of looking online and wondering if you have made the right decision about where to stay, wonder no more!
Simply the BEST place in Myrtle Beach!
I won't ever look at another motel, there is no need!
The Roxanne is the BEST ON THE BEACH!

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member whateveruwant2b

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of July. We were very pleased with the hotel overall. It's nice to have a kitchen and laundry facilities while on vacation. Balcony could be a little better since the neighbors' balconies are right beside you and there is no privacy, but still, no big deal. Housekeeping could be a little better. I'm not sure if we received clean sheets everyday but on the bright side, we did receive plenty of towels, which is a plus! You do need to bring your own laundry and dish detergent with you. Lobby is very, very small and so is the waiting area for the 2 elevators. There is hardly enough parking to go around in the main lot, but there are 2 other lots available across the street. The walls are extremely thin, you will hear your neighbors. We have already booked another stay here and will continue to in the future. Again, the rooms are very spacious, we had a one room suite with 2 tvs and lots of tv stations to choose. We highly recommend this hotel!!

Loved the Roxanne Towers

by TripAdvisor Member millerbug

Roxanne Towers is a great place to stay. Friendly staff -spacious condos and very clean! Never had to wait on elevators or fight for a place to park. Never had a problem getting chairs by the pool either. Great place! We will definitely be back next year!

Outstanding Ocean Front Property

by TripAdvisor Member SmartTraveller56

My family of 5 stayed here first week of August. We had never been to Myrtle Beach previously. We were so lucky to have stayed at the Roxanne. Clean, new excellent rooms with outstanding amenities. Full kitchen, dishwasher, washer/dryer, balcony..every unit ocean front. Close to kid friendly things (although I hear the Pavillion is getting leveled this year). Myrtle Beach is loaded with cheap eats and places to go. Some minor items slipped through the cracks housekeeping wise, but it didn't matter because "service recovery" was top notch...we never had to ask for something twice! Parking was rather good, only had to park across the street once but around 5pm every day there were always spaces in front of the bldg and even in the shade. Elevators are very responsive. Air conditioning is first rate. Staff is courteous and professional. Swimming pool and beach very nice. The balcony is a little small (quaint) and not as private as it could be from immediate neighbors. No smoking property but no problem, everyone smokes on their balcony and I know this because I saw them! Rates compared to MD and DE beaches are crazy cheap and it's a nicer town. What more can I say?

Great Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member VSand88197

I just came back from Myrtle Beach with my husband, 4 year old, son and my mother. We stayed Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2006. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo on the 10th floor. The view was great and because we had a corner room the King room was ocean front and the room with the 2 double beds had an ocean/city view. The elevators were fast. Even though the hotel was booked it was not crowded and congested at the pool or lazy river as it is at larger hotels. Parking is available in the garage, in front of the building and across the street. We had to park across the street a couple of times but that was not a problem. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping (Louise) was very nice. Roxanne Towers is in a great location. It is a 5 minute walk to the Pavilion, shops, and 8 minute drive to broadway at the beach.

There were a couple of negative things. When we arrived on Thursday, there was sand in the King room and the mirror had finger prints on it. There was also long pieces of hair in the bathroom on the door and on the floor. Also we saw 2 roaches. When we informed the staff they said the building had been sprayed but would send someone out to re-spray our room. Don't know if that was ever done but we didn't see anymore roaches or long hair in out bathroom after Thursday.
Once we got passed those things we had a wonderful stay. I would stay here again.

Comments