Sandcastle South Beach Resort - Myrtle Beach

Sandcastle South Beach Resort
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Great resort for the budget minded

We were able to get a great rate from the hotel website. We only paid $39.99 per night!! We had a decent size room with 2 queen beds, a fridge, sink, microwave and bathroom. We had a private balcony that overlooked the ocean/beach. I had made a request at the time of booking for the 4th floor and it was not honored, so I was a bit disappointed about that. It was obvious there were plenty of vacancies but they refused to move me anyway.
    Also on their website it says free wireless access. It does not bother to say that you can only get internet in the lobby. So anytime I did my homework I had to go to the lobby. They had several restaurants on site, did not go to them so I can't comment on the food. They had an indoor pool, and outdoor pool, 2 hot tubs, and a lazy river. Did not use any of these facilities but they seemed clean and accessible. Front desk seemed fairly polite most of the time. I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Great view!! Great amenities!!

More about Sandcastle South Beach Resort - Myrtle Beach

SANDCASTLE SOUTH

STAYED AT SANDCASTLE SOUTH instead of the pavillion overall for the money it was good , maid service very good, daytime lady at frontdesk not very friendly, but nite time clerks friendly, property clean and very quiet at nite. Kareoke during day 2 times while we were there at the poolside, very nice bartender at the cabanna at the pool. Very satisfied will stay again in the future

Much better than its counterpart, The Sandcastle at the Pavilion

This hotel is SO much BETTER than the Sandcastle at the Pavilion! Do not get the two confused. I love the fact that there is an attatched parking garage. It certainly is not the best hotel I have stayed at in Myrtle Beach but well worth it for the money. I will be returning to Sandcastle South Beach for Labor Day.

GREAT OCEANFRONT HOTEL

Arrived at the Sandcastle South Beach on June 14 and stayed till the 18th. Very friendly people at front desk. Had to wait for room but was not long. Parking was excellent in their attached parking garage. Elevators was very quick and did not wait very long for the 3 elevators. Stayed in one of the suites. Very well equipped kitchen and excellent view of the Ocean. Would definitely stay again. Pool was very nice but kind of small. The lazy river was ok but kids running non-stop in the river and not too much time to relax in there.

A "Family" Hotel? Ha! Ha!

A "family" hotel?Ha! Ha! Ha! This will be our last year at the "family" Sandcastle South. My large extended family and I just returned from a 4 night stay over the July 4th weekend. We have stayed here each year since the "new" Sandcastle was built. It has gone steadily down hill since.
Check in was fine as far as rates go, but had to put a $15.00 deposit on the 2 room keys and the remote control-plleeeeaaaassseeee! The elevators were slow and most of the time dirty and SMELLY!! As far as our 3 rooms went, they could have been MUCH, MUCH cleaner. I cleaned the bathtub myself before I bathed the kids. The maids acknowledged the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign but then only to turn around and called to see if we wanted service. (Our 14 month old daughter was taking her morning nap.) The floors were vacuumed at some point in time-I think. The bedspreads and blankets were dirty. YUCK. As for the pools, they needed to be serviced and cleaned. Tiles were coming off of the lazy river which might have resulted from the idiot kids who were running and jumping into the river on top of their inner tubes-only to turn me and my 14 month old daughter underwater. Anyway, no one seemed to obey any of the posted rules like no running and jumping into the lazy river or that you must be on an inner tube to be in the river. "Oh, but we are a FAMILY hotel!" Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the Sandcastle South is a family hotel, then why was "Karaoke" (it turned out to be rap, hard rock, vulgar language etc. music-very few people sang) being played so loud that you could hear it well over the TV inside, telephone, parking garage, and all the way to the ocean? When I complained about the noise level (along with several others,) some young man at the front desk informed me that he could ask them to turn it down. Never happened. Even the beach police were summoned and that still did no good. Thank goodness "Karaoke" was only was for 1 day. Otherwise we would all be hearing impaired. Don't get me wrong, I am not a party pooper- I just did not like being able to NOT hear the person next to me talking while sunbathing. When we checked out there were charges of .50 for each call-including calling cards (pre-paid!) I did not like that, but at this point, I did not want to argue. Anyone know of any nice, quiet, clean, condos?

clean rooms, nice staff, plan to return in future

My family stayed at this resort in late May 04 and it was WONDERFUL. The rooms were always clean & staff was helpful & friendly. We had oceanfront suite which had full kitchen, bedroom and living room with wall-bed. It was VERY quiet location & the beaches were not crowed at all during our stay... In fact we wanted to be away from the crowds & partiers. This is definitely a family-friendly place with shaded lazy river ride, indoor & outdoor heated pools and 3-hot tubs. The kids were in Heaven the entire time! As for the adults, we simply kicked back & enjoyed the safe, clean spacious rooms & environment. Will definetely return to this hotel & recommend it highly. It may not be 5-star but for a MB hotel, you just can't beat it... try their online internet specials & really get a bargain.

this hotel is the ragediest hotel ever

we stayed at is ragedy hotel asnd everything in it is old and stuffy! management did not want to refund our money and the website is misleading. i wouldn't send my ex husbands dog to this hotel...i was madder than a mashed cat. dirty sheets is a health hazard.

The best vacation ever!

This was the first time my husband and kids and I had been to Myrtle Beach. We checked in on June 20th, and stayed until the 25th. Initially, the hotel had lost our reservations, but BENT OVER backwards to accomodate us, AND at the internet rate that I'd had on my confirmation sheet. The suite we stayed in was GREAT, and the view is spectacular!!! I couldn't have asked for a more WONDERFUL place to stay along with a most wonderful vacation. We are already planning a trip back next year!

we had a wonderful time

The moment we arrived at this hotel, we were greeted with such hospitality. I have never been asked to checkout my room before paying for it ,to me that shows confidence in your establishment. We spent 4 days at the sandcastle with each better then the other. We are from very large families and will without a doubt recommend this hotel to both family and friends. Thank you.

RHODNEY&SHARANN TOATLEY

Nasty

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The website is overrated. To start with my room smelt like there was a fish under my bed. I had to light a cigarette each time I went into the room to cover the smell. The smell in the hall wasn't as bad as in the room. When we were leaving to check out, one of the hotel employees went down the hall spraying air freshner. There was mold all over the ceiling, shower and even the dresser. The pool was disgusting. The water was very cloudy and the cement around the pool had some kind of mold growing around it. I believe most problems would be solved with a little clorox cleanup. The only the nice thing I can say is the concierge was very helpful and friendly.

Girls weekend - help w/hotel???

by ftreloar

We are going 4/23 for 3 nights. We did have the Breaker's Paradise tower reserved, but needed to change flights & the room was lost & there is no availability.

Need to find another place quick! Would like nice beach w/pool & pool bar. Close to entertainment too!

RE: Girls weekend - help w/hotel???

by tracys2cents

www.seamist.com

RE: Girls weekend - help w/hotel???

by spa-head

You will have a blast!! We travel there at least 4 times a year. We have found the "Sandcastle South" to be a decent, all oceanfront, affordable place to stay. Another good idea is "The Palace". It has very large condo sized rooms for a great rate. The only downside to The Palace is the elevators...there simply isn't enough. This doesn't pose a problem most of the time, but on a very busy weekend at checkout time, send someone out to wait on the elevator while the rest of you are getting your things packed, especially if you're on a really high floor. Be wary of oceanview rooms anywhere in Myrtle Beach, you may end up looking at the high rise hotel next to you, just be sure to ask. Hope this helps.

Comments