803 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Booking.com seacrestresort.com Priceline.com

Sea Crest resort hotel rooms

This is exactly what our room looked like.
    It was located on the first floor in the bungalow building which is the smaller of the two buildings.

It was very large with two queen beds, a microwave and refrigerator. No table or chairs though, even though there was plenty of room for them, they didn't have any in our room.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Sea Crest even has its own store

it has its own store and gift shop in case you forgot something. It carries food and beer, wine and small souviner gifts.

It also has rafts, rings and beach items for the kids.

Picnic & laying out area at Sea Crest Resort

This section is the beautiful lawn area near the outside pools. It is facing the beach and ocean. There are many chairs, benches and lounge chairs scattered throughout the lawn area. There is also a gazebo and some grills for the patrons to use.

It is very nice set up. Can't wait to go back during summer season.

Outdoor Lazy river at Sea Crest Resort

This outdoor lazy river was located just outside our private patio. This would be awesome location in the hotel if in peak season.

Unique Quality: All 6 outdoor pools were closed

Indoor Lazy river at Sea Crest Resort

The kids enjoyed the indoor lazy river. This hotel has 8 pools total but due to it being before peak season and still slightly chilly outside, the outdoor pools were not open yet.

We had several kids on this trip; my dau. Noel, my niece, Tayler and my nephews, Cullen, Xavier, Remington and Broedie.

Unique Quality: The indoor lazy river and the indoor swimming pool and two indoor hot tubs were very nice. we were all pleased.

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It was large resort and oceanfront. We were extremely happy. In fact, if the outside pools had been in season this room would have been even more awesome, because we had a first floor room and our private patio opened onto the outdoor lazy river area.

amenities

New for 2005!
    Exclusive to our guests – a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard
    a Bertram 51 foot sport fishing yacht. www.quantumleapcharters.com
    Weekly Drawings (In-Season) For a Free Sunset Waterway Cruise!
    Exclusive Discounts for 1/2 & Full Day Sport Fishing Charters
    Outdoor pool
    Indoor lazy river
    Outdoor lazy river
    Baby pool

Malibu Beach Bar (pool bar)
    Free, deluxe continental breakfast–View Breakfast Savings Chart
    Live entertainment (in season)
    Direct, easy access to beach
    Mini-mart & gift shop
    Covered parking
    Exercise room
    Guest laundry
    Guest services/concierge
    Free tennis privileges at a nearby private club
    Free bowling– 2 blocks away at our new recreation center (2 Free games per reservation)
    Pier fishing, jet ski and catamaran rentals
    Just minutes to Broadway on the Beach, shopping, entertainment and the new Coastal Grand Mall.

In-room amenities include:

Unique Quality: 2 queen beds Dining table and chairs
    Stove In-room movies
    Refrigerator In-room coffee service
    Microwave Hair dryer
    Fully equipped kitchen Private oceanfront balcony
    Iron & ironing board

• Great Family Hotel

This is the same resort that I have been staying since a teenager with my parents. The pools are great and the lounging areas are awesome. Truthfully the rooms could use some updating but I still feel for the price we paid we had great accommodations.

More about Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort

we had a blast!!!!

I'm a girl scout leader and we wanted to go to the beach! I readed the reveiws a I was very worried becasue they were not go . But when we got there the staff was very nice ,a the rooms where great ,and both of my troop had a wonderful time there! and we will plan to return again soon!!!!!

Total filthy dump

Dirty, filthy place. The rooms were very unclean. The deluxe breakfast consisted of food that sat out for hours without covers and no employees to tend to it. Needless to say I ate breakfast out. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Rude Rude Rude!!!!!!!!

I unlike most of the reviewers did not even get a chance to stay at this hotel. Here is my story....I called down to make a last minute hotel reservation for the following day. The man was nice on the phone, very sociable and pleasant. Soon after making the reservations and hanging up the phone I realized he did not ask my age. So i began to look over the website to find the age restriction. I noticed it said 25. I am 24 and so were the people in my party. So about 15 minutes later after making the reservations I called back, hoping maybe they had changed the policy since they hadnt asked. As soon as the guy picked up I said that i had just called, told him my last name, I mentioned that i was 24 and he interupted me and said, I asked you 2 times how old you were and you said 25. I was a little bit taken back by the quickness of his response and also the rudeness. I said no, you never once asked my age, and he repeated, I asked you twice and you said 25. I then said to him, if i was lying to you, then why would i call back after 15 min from hanging up with you and ask you about this. He said, I dont know, why did you lie. By this point i was red with anger. I asked to speak to the manager, he said he was. I asked to speak to the general manager, he said noone was there at the time, plus they would not believe me over him. After hanging up the phone with him my fiance called back to try and straighten things out. The man hung up on him. My fiance then began to do some research on the hotel. Come to find out, it is a SeaCrest hotel, who was paying for the rights to use the HOliday In name. As of now the Holiday In is suing the SeaCrest to take back their name bc the Holiday IN coporate office has had so many complaints on this hotel. I really hope this messge changes your ideas of staying here. As soon as 8:00 am gets here I am calling back down to speak with the general manager.

Hurrican

by GUYON

We are planning our Summer Vacation in South Carolina and Georgia (Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Atlanta, Savannah) for July 2006.
We are concerned by the risk of hurrican in this area.
Is this risk frequent in July at such a latitude ?
What is the usual practice of the hotels for this type of events : may we canceled without cost or do they consider it is an act of God and debit the credit card even we are not there ?
Thanks for the answers
RAY

by dtownkitty

Officially, the season starts in June, but it would be pretty unlikely that you would see one until August. I'm not a big fan of Myrtle Beach "proper", but I recommend Brookgreen Gardens and Huntington Beach ( a state park and great place to find sand dollars). Just South of town. It sounds like you will have a very nice trip. Sorry, I don't know about cancellations...

by rexvaughan

I would not say it is impossible to have a hurricane in July, but I have never heard of one in the 30 years I have lived here. Most hotels I have dealt with have a policy of not charging for cancellations a couple of days before hand. At most they would charge you for one night I think. You will more likely wilt from the heat than be in a hurricane.

by ladyfisher

I agree the chance of a hurrican hitting that time if year is slim and that area also. Atlanta wouldn't get the brunt to far inland same for Charleston. You would have to call each hotel and ask about their poilcy on act of god events. You can purchuse travel insurance for this but read the fine print before buying most will only cover if their is a MANDTORY EVCATUTION and only unitl it is lifted. http://insuremytrip.com/?linkid=13365

by iluvtrvl

Guyon - go to Myrtle Beach in July and forget about the Hurricanes. If one does form and heads straight for Myrtle Beach, you will know well in advance and can high-tail it out of town. As recommended, do go to Huntington Beach State Park - Myrtle Beach is quite commercial, and the park is a lovely time away from the noise.

Because hotels along the Grand Strand would be encouraged to get people out of town by local officials if a hurricane were to threaten the area, your hotel will most likely be accommodating in cancellation routines. If you are very concerned, stick with the larger chains who have staked their reputation on guest service, or call and request in writing (or inquire by e-mail) as to their policy in the effort a hurricane threatened.

by iluvtrvl

One other suggestion - If you are considering coming as far south as Savannah, might I suggest you venture a little farther south to St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island? Also, from Savannah, Jacksonville is just a 2.5 hour drive - we have lovely beaches here as well.

Enjoy your time in the South!

Comments