2608 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577-3239, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Great Motel

Just got back from staying a week at the Sea Dip. Had a wonderful time. Motel was clean, staff was courteous and friendly, and room was clean. The only problem I had was the bathroom was small. Pool was clean, and hot tub was great. Will defiently go back to the Sea Dip again.

Unique Quality: Great Ocean View

Directions: Great Area walking distance to alot of attractions.

More about Sea Dip Motel And Condos

Our only hotel in Myrtle Beach

by TripAdvisor Member rustyfan

My husband and I have been going to Myrtle Beach since the mid '90s. The first time we went to Myrtle Beach my husband made the reservation at the Sea Dip Motel. I said OMG what kind of hotel is named this. Well let me tell you when we arrived I looked at my husband and said you can pick the hotels from now on. For the price and amenities available and location on strip this is our one and only hotel.

We went to the Sea Mist resort once and it was overpriced, bad service, couldn't get near a pool or sit pool side and paid for an oceanfront room but when we checked in it wasn't available.

Personally I think it is all in your preferences. The Sea Dip offers everything a hotel has to offer it just is not fancy. We've NEVER experienced staff or service problems at the Sea Dip, their pool and jacuzzi are always working and clean as well as our room. PLUS we always have an oceanfront room for a reasonable rate compared to other hotels on the strip.

We have never had a bad experience at the Sea Dip and we are hoping to go back again this March for our 5th time.

Do not stay at this motel

Made a reservation for my daughter and husband for their honeymoon. Went through the company Online Motels. Spoke to them 2 times.Also called and spoke to someone at the front desk for a king size bedroom in new tower. Daughter arrived, room was double booked was given a room w/2 double beds. Again requested 1 bed, was given a queen size bed in old tower. Lobby leaked, Room leaked at window and door, carpet wet. Checked in at 3:00pm checked out at 6:00pm same day. Spoke to manager, charged for one night. Blamed charge on Onlinehotels. Onlinemotels blamed motel. Called Visa company, on 9/27 Sea Dip Motel charged my acct for the full 3 days. The reservation was not until 10/5/05. Manager very rude. Dealth with this problem for over and hour on the phone. Not counting the time I will have to spend at the bank to get this charge off of my statement. I didn't think to have daughter take pictures. But please trust me, what a nightmare.

Great Value for nice time

Well, what do you want? Something for nothing? We have been to Myrtle Beach SEVERAL times over the past 18 years & I cannot tell you there is ANY hotel that's worth the money we've paid. However, the Sea Dip was not my choice of places to stay but the majority of my family said it was the best place for the money. So, not to be the "black sheep" we decided to go with them. Much to my surprise, the rooms were very nice, clean & well maintained. The air conditioner put out COLD air & worked fine (which seems to always fail in one or two places we've been)! Bathrooms were ok, maids kept them cleaned w/ fresh towels, toilet paper & tissues. We're really not that dirty of people that requires someone to clean up after us on a daily basis so as long as the trash was emptied (which we had a lot of) and clean towels, etc., we really found no reason to complain. Thinking that we were going to a "ghetto motel", we ended up admitting that our stay here was quite nice considering we didn't have to get socked with a huge bill at the end.

If we were to complain, it would be the elevator stops were "in between" floors making it hard to carry luggage. So what? Consider it your exercise; a little bit can't hurt you from the looks of most of the overweight people we saw.

Like I said, we've stayed at the "finest" & I been more upset with the high price hotels knowing how much we'd spent & what we had to be satisfied with.

The bad reviews I've read about the Sea Dip must have come from people who wanted something for nothing and should have just bit the bullet & stayed at the Patricia Grand; but ooopps - I've stayed there too & they're wasn't anything "grand" about that except the price!

We'd definitely stay again at the Sea Dip. After all, we're going to the beach - not hibernating in a room!

Some good some bad

We stayed in the Sea Dip the last week of July and we werent really impressed. There were some good and some bad things:

The Good:
Cheap rates year round $125 for an oceanfront two beds, kitchen and balcony, in the first of August is a steal

Friendly staff and houskeeping staff

The Bad:
There is virtually no parking in their lot so we parked in the overflow lot across from Ocean Blvd. so we had to get a luggage cart, which was tiny and falling apart at the bottom and carry a ton of luggage across Ocean Blvd in the middle of traffic, almost getting ran over multiple times, which brings me to another point. I am not sure why they have a luggage cart when we got out of the elevator we figuered it was going to be easy from there we could just push the cart to our room! NOPE!!! There are stairs splitting the floors and you cant get the cart down the stairs!!!

The pool in the old tower was green and there was so much chlorine in the pool we could smell it from our balcony on the fifth floor!!

The hot tub in the old tower, you cant tell it when the jets were on, but when they were off when we went down there to get in it our first night and the hot tub was brown and chipping away. (We didnt attempt getting in either one of them)

The pool at the new tower is a lot nicer but tiny!!!

The lazy river is so small it takes about two seconds to get around the entire thing.

We went down to the new pool the second day we were there to attempt the pool and hot tub again and it was really early and my fiance was having a conversaion with the pool man, saying he just cleaned them all. So we figuered it would be ok to get in so we got in the hot tub first. Oh my gosh there was a half smoked cigar floating around in the water!!!

We were in our room one night watching tv and my fiance moved the couch closer to the tv, when he moved it and looked where the couch had been there was a dead cockroach!!!

We were packing up to leave I checked under the bed to make sure none of our stuff had gotten pushed under there, when I looked I was surprised to see a ton of dust and lint and a Dr. Pepper can (we dont drink Dr. Pepper) and there was a condom under the bed also!!

The balcony has a nice view but the air conditioner is visible on the balcony and the air conditioner was rusted and falling apart.

The bathroom is a nice size the sink has lots of counter space, but the tub was covered in mold, mildew and rust!!

I guess we knew we werent staying in a five star restaurant but I didnt think it would be as bad as it was. I doubt very seriously we will return.

Rude and Horrible housekeeping

by TripAdvisor Member gizmo1e

We had no problem with the room itself it could be a very nice place . we had no service our entire stay maid would come and get our towels but not leave any, did not clean anything, no sweeper run, no bathroom cleaned, no toilet paper left, hall outside of room smelled of vomit the whole week, cigarette butts laying all over balcony and personal items af other guests found in murphy bed. when we would complain to staff they acted as if we were suppose to call down for towels toilet paper etc. when told about the smell in hall way which made you gag you were shrugged off with a someone must of spilled something. Unbelievably poor management. for 2 days the outside pool looking down from our balcony you could not see the bottom the 3rd day someone finally cleaned it. Staff does not care to rectify problems

The Sea Dump is a Ghetto!

This was the most disgusting place I have ever been. I am only 21 and was not worried about the hotel being high end upscale but this was horrible. It was so bad that I don't even have the time to tell you all of what went wrong. I was only there with my boyfriend but if I had a family I would have been outraged. Don't stay here. And ONE of the maids with the nasty impatient attitude made us leave a night early! That bad folks!

Nice Hotel

This was a great place to stay. We had such a great time. Our cleaning lady was really nice to all of us and very helpful. I asked for extra towels everyday and she left them.

This is good for it's money. If you are looking for high maintenance hotel this is not the place for you. But a very nice family hotel. I would stay there again.

The pools where great. I only got a picture of one pool there are 3 there. My kids had a great time swimming in the lazy river.

I had mixed feels about staying in this hotel before I went after reading all the reviews but if you are looking for a family place to stay with not alot of money I think this is the place for you.

Please note that the picture I have posted are on our last day there so it does not look the greatest as are stuff is all over.

I hope this review will help with all your decisions on staying in this hotel.

There is talk too that they will be tearing down the old building (leaving the new one up) and putting up a new building in the next few years.

P.S. There was nothing left under our bed and under our couch. I would not pay to much attition to some of the other reviews.

Needs A Janitor

Ok it ----..... all i can say is we got there, and the toilet was cloged and it took 2 days for them to get us a plunger, and the shower doors were falling off, and they did. I say go to this hotel if you dont have much cash and need some place to cram 20 people into on spring break.

Not Bad for the price

Well, when I heard the name, I have to admit I was a little bit scared.... Sounds kind of ghetto.... But it really was a nice place.

The people in the front office were very helpful, and didn't even bat an eyelash when we asked them to wake us up at 4:00 a.m. to walk on the beach.

The rooms were clean, and the bathroom was cleaned every day. We cleaned up after ourselves, so there wasn't a lot for the maid to do. There were four of us, and it was a little cozy in the room, but, that was our own fault- we over packed.

The hotel is in great location to a lot of things people want to do. Just a few blocks to some greast resaurants, and Broadway is just a mile away.

The only complaint I did have was that the elevator was really slow, but, who cares.... It was sunny and warm, and we had a place to sleep.

• Jul 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

NEVER COME TO THE SEA DIP!!! This is the most disgusting, run down place I've ever stayed. Online, the pictures seemed really nice. In person, it's a different story. Also, I have not come across a nice employee yet. The first night we asked for more towels and the lady at the desk said we weren't allowed any if the TWO we had were dirty. The second day (today) housekeeping finally took the dirty two and never returned with clean ones. It is 2:00 in the afternoon and no clean towels. I made my way back down to the office to ask for some and we basically got told too bad so sad. The towels aren't clean and ready to be delivered yet. So now we will be late for dinner reservations because we can't shower with no towels! Also, the bathroom has flooded because the shower in this room (room 104) is basically like standing on a slab to shower. There is no tub, or any sort of lip to catch the water. Just a shower curtain, and obviously that doesn't work, The parking sucks, the hallways are filthy and there is only one elevator for all twelve floors in the south tower. We waited almost 10 minutes to catch the elevator when we arrived with our luggage. Most resorts here at myrtle have housekeeping carts with anything on them for cleaning. Here, they use old shopping carts with minimal anything in them. When the floor flooded it soaked the carpet before anyone came back to assist. The pools are disgusting, as well as the hot tubs and lazy rivers. WASTE OF MONEY!!! Next time I will spend the extra 500 or 600 dollars and stay somewhere reputable. This trip was for our anniversary, and thanks to the Sea Dip it has been ruined.