Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort - Myrtle Beach

Family Travel Budget Travel Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Pleasantly Surprised!

by written on August 4, 2014

Booking.com, I did NOT LOVE! They cancelled on us THREE TIMES – the third time was on our way to the resort. So, I was a little more than surprised to find out Seamist couldn’t find my reservation. The lady that worked with us was sooooo nice! Our original room was a family suite in the Palms building (I paid $604 for three nights and a deposit of $180); so she found another room in the Sandpaper building (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchenette and living room – more room and it was great!) and for the same price I already paid! I really appreciated her working with us. The staff was really friendly and nice. Before we got there though, I read reviews and was really really worried – but once we got there it was NICE, so please don’t believe the horrible reviews the resort is nice. My only complaint was the weather, it rained almost the entire time (Aug 1 – 4 – we left a day early) other than that, my family and I had a really nice time. In my opinion for the resort to be as old as it is, it’s still in pretty decent shape quite honestly. Our room had hardwood floors and to be honest, you’re at the beach with SAND; its almost impossible to get ALL THE SAND out of a room, so people that keep complaining about that, you need to get over it. Also, you can’t expect 24/7 service and someone pampering you and making sure you have everything you need when you need it (that’s just silly – I think some people need to lower their standards quite a bit, but again some people aren’t happy unless they are complaining about something – relax and don’t sweat the small stuff!), if you want that kind of service, check into a high end resort – not a budget place (which is really nice for what it is). Check in was rather annoying though, having to wait in line for an extended amount of time, cause it did seem to be a little understaffed, but they were all so nice and polite.

DO NOT BOOK HERE!

by written on July 1, 2014

We went to Myrtle Beach to try to have a good time this past weekend. Couldn't do it. Here is a copy of a letter I wrote that explains what happened.

To all concerned,

The purpose of this letter is to relate to all parties our undesirable experiences at the Sea Mist Resort on June 28, 2014. And to find what I can do rectify this situation for our own sake and so it will not happen to other visitors to Sea Mist Resort.
"We checked into the Sea Mist Resort on Friday, June 27, 2014. Our room was booked and paid for through Hotel.com. At the time we arrived it was before check in time and the room was not ready. We gave them my cell phone number in order for them to contact us when the room was ready. We received a text about 1 1/2 hours later. We were to report to the desk at the Driftwood building to pick up the room keys. Which we did. The room was nice and ocean front just like what we wanted. The next day after enjoying the beach we took our showers and left for dinner at four PM. We ate at Damon's Restaurant and went to Broadway and walked around until a rain shower chased us back to the Sea Mist Resort. We arrived back at the room at 7:30 PM. When we tried to enter the room our keys would not operate the lock. I went across to the Driftwood desk "in the rain" to get
help. The lady at the desk told me my keys did not work because I was not in that room! I told her we had been in that room since yesterday. We spent the night in that room last night and the keys worked in the door every time. The desk clerk said we had been moved to another room while we were out eating dinner! Housekeeping employees and security had went through our room and gathered our personal belongings and moved all our things to another room without our knowledge or consent! We felt violated and personally assaulted. I have never been so abused by hotel establishment.
The desk clerk said I would have to go across the street to the check in building to find out what had happened and to get keys to my "new" room. I walked over there "in the rain" to do just that.
When I got there I spoke to the young man that had checked me in on Friday. He acted like he didn't know what was going on and went to get the manager. The manager was VERY unsympathetic to my plight and acted as if I should not be complaining at all. She said that I had been informed at the time of our check in that we would have to vacate the room and be moved to another room the next day. We were NOT told anything like this. We would NOT have agreed to anything like that.
I very much resented the fact that she just assumed I was lying and did absolutely nothing to help me when it was obvious I was very upset with the situation which was entirely the fault of the Sea Mist Resort.
That is when I asked her for something that I had SIGNED that proved that I had agreed to moving to another room, she produced a standard registration form that I had signed but it had no such stipulation. The manager said they had tried to contact us about the move that day. I asked how they were trying contact us and they replied "we called your room". It was obvious we were not in our room! I asked "why didn't you call my cell phone". My number was on the registration form that she had shown me minutes before and they had used to text me the day before. She then walked away and would not speak with me again. I had no recourse but to accept the keys to our "new" room and go see if all our belongings were intact.
They were not. Our clothes (dirty and clean) were jammed into our suitcases. Some were in a half empty beer container. Our I pads were there and unharmed but we had no idea how they were handled. The only thing missing is our wine opener which I assumed they thought it was resort property. We sorted everything out and hung the clothes up. No damage to our belongings but a huge blow to our demeanor. The violation of our personal space with the thought of strange people going through my wife's under garments hurt us to the core. When you rent a room from an establishment, that room becomes your PRIVATE domain. No one should enter into it without our consent. Which we did not give.
Along with our privacy violation, I felt my personal reputation was also violated when the manager implied that I was a LIAR when I told her we were never told about a room change. Which we were not.
The employees of Sea Mist Resort in their efforts to appease another guest showed no regard for me and my wife who were also guests at the resort. This basically ruined our vacation demeanor for the rest of our stay. Although we tried our best to put this unsavory experience behind us, we could not. For these reasons we will NOT stay at the Sea Mist Resort again. We will NOT recommend this resort to anyone we know. We will NOT give a favorable review to hotels.com. We WILL consult with someone who knows the laws of the area and seek advice on how to continue.

Don't stay here!!

by written on June 13, 2012

This was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at in South Myrtle Beach. To start off, the parking sucked, the staff was not friendly and you could hardly understand them due to their foreign accent. Then we get to the room and the main light didn't work, the oven was ancient with rust all over it, had coffee maker but no coffee, the sliding door could hardly open due to it be being rusted and the toilet hardly flushed. Not to mention, the oceanfront view was set back between two different hotels with the kiddie pool area in front of the ocean. Then we go to the water park, that was a joke. Pictures of this hotel are very deceiving!!

Great trip To Seamist

by written on August 25, 2011

I stayed at seamist resort with my family that includes two children 9 and 2. Our room had hardwood floors and a small tv and I asked to be moved to a room with carpet and they moved me across the street ocean front. The package is a great deal my children were never bored and we saved alot of money. The breakfast buffet thats included is great. Alot of pools and things to do on the resort. My only complaint would be parking but not a big deal. Great place with alot of great offers. We will stay again!!!!

Unique Quality: Good staff very willing to make you happy.

Directions: about three blocks away from Family Kingdom

Awful

by written on July 18, 2011

This is the worst hotel my family and I have ever stayed at. The pictures on the website is very deceiving. Upon check out I complained and showed them a picture of a roach we killed in the bedroom. The comment made by the head clerk was "why are you just now reporting this, what time did this occur". I explained that that it occurred at 1:30 in the morning, she gave us $50 credit.

Great Vacation for those on budgets!

by written on September 7, 2009

WE have been going to the Sea Mist since I was a teen, just because they have TONS to do. I have loved this hotel for many years and recommend it to everyone. Our family always gets up by 8, has breakfast at the restaurant, do the underground tunnel- which is great for families with little ones- to the beach, and then hit the pools and waterpark after it opens. My daughter gets her hair braided there and we all enjoy icies by the pool. We can go in and out as much as we want. When it closes, we hit the arcade or go to whatever event the hotel has planned for that night. In my opinion, they go out of their way to assure families don't have to leave to go out for anything, unless they just want to. It's GREAT.

Unique Quality: First, they have a pretty decent water park for the whole family from slides, a nice lazy river, to a wading pool and swings for the tots. They have tons of outdoor and indoor pools and hot tubs- so it isn't always overly crowded at just one, places to do your laundry, an arcade, gift shop and restaurant. Staff at the front desk aren't overly friendly, but housekeeping always has been to our family. The buildings are older, but every room I have been in is always clean. I wasn't setting my expectations for a 5 star resort, because it isn't, and you can tell by the pics it isn't. BUT- with kitchens, suites, and all the extra things to do, and at the price, you can't beat it! During the summer months, we did the family vacation packages which let us get into the waterpark there and FAMILY KINGDOM WATER PARK and AMUSEMENT PARK for free. They also had cookouts with live entertainment, and movies for the kids. Plus, the play park is a side bonus.

Directions: South Myrtle Beach

always1ontime's Profile Photo

I enjoyed the Sea Mist experience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2008

Wow, I wished I'd joined this site sooner because I stayed at a great resort last year in Myrtle Beach. I promised the manager I'd tell everybody about it so if you ever go back stay at the Sea Mist Resort. It was pretty cool; I stayed in an Ocean View room that of course had a great view of the ocean. I slept with the little slide door open to hear it at night. The room had a kitchenette in it so i was able to keep to my diet for breakfast and lunch at least (We went out for dinner!). For info on this resort location go to http://www.myrtlebeachseamist.com/

Unique Quality: Very close to the beach
Restaurants on site - you don't have to leave
Beach view
Jacuzzi Tub - Yes!
Great Service - You don't feel bad parting with your cash for tips
As much fun for kids as it is for adults

Family Vacation, on Motel 6 Money.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2008

This is not a resort, its alot of motel 6 type motels put together at a high price if your getting the family a package.

My room was right behind the check in office, it wasn't a 5 star room, but its wan't the worse. It was ...what it was ....a room.

My room didn't smell, it was fairly clean, the kitchenett and all the appliances was very clean. Dishes, cookware, silverware , dish rags etc. was available. I didn't see any bugs etc.

The motel staff was nice.
The motel food was good.

Unique Quality: The kids enjoyed the pools & the Amusment park.
where my room was i could see all the street action, i didn't have a waterfront room.

I paid $129.00 for the nights of ... 6/18 & 6/19/2008, which i thought was to much since we didn't purchase the family package.

janiac's Profile Photo

Sea Mist

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2005

This is an "interesting" hotel, which actually seems to be made up of about four or so old hotel buildings. The enjoyment of your stay correlates directly with what kind of room you end up with. While I know that is true of most hotels, it is especially true of this place. My family got a great ocean-front room at a very good price, while others I know got horrid rooms that leaked or had no hot water.

Unique Quality: This place has many pools, but I didn't use any of them. My friend's room could qualify for unique -- but in a bad way. It was located in the parking garage and you actually entered from there. To make things worse, the windowless room had a sliding glass door that led to an indoor pool area, so that she was sandwiched between car fumes and people playing in the pool.

Nearby Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort - Myrtle Beach

• Myrtle Beach Sea Mist Resort
  • Sea Mist Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
  • Sea Mist Resort Sc
  • Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Address: 1200 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Amenities at Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort - Myrtle Beach

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews