Springmaid Beach Resort

3200 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Charges and Noise

Somewhat surprised when the hotel charged our credit card twice for the same amount three days apart. Supposedly credit has been issued but not seen yet. Front Desk notified two nights about outside noise but no security came to check on the noise level.

More about Springmaid Beach Resort

Not so Bad

We stayed at the Springmaid Beach Resort during the 4th of July weekend. The hotel is not so bad.
Because we made last minute reservations, I suppose we can't complain too much about the price of $135.00 per night. Check in was a breeze and the staff was nice and helpful.
The atmosphere is family oriented. I prayed the rooms would be clean and decent and they were.
The bathrooms are small with the sink and vanity outside of the bathroom, near the bed. Full size fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and safe all came in handy. The air unit is a little noisy and so are the planes flying overhead but the view of the pools, ocean, and pier made up for the few flaws.
The kids enjoyed every moment at the pool and lazy river. Parking was not a big issue, no heavy traffic and Damons next door is one of our favorite resturants in Myrtle Beach. We did'nt try the hotel's resturant and the exercise room is very small. Maid service after the first night was slow and not very thourough with the cleaning of the room. My husband and I liked our stay and the kids Loved it!!! They want this to become an annual vacation spot!!

We had a wonderful time and found the staff to be ready to help at anytime.

Springmaid Beach, South Carolina

October 23 thru 25, 2004

We found the room and complex to be well kept and clean. The meals were very nice. Had a wonderful time walking on the pier and talking with the fishermen.
Springmaid is a very nice and upbeat complex that even us "old" folks enjoyed.
We had a very nice time and the ocean was just great--very different from the West desert. Thanks for a wonderful time and a very nice place.

~It could have been better~

I have stayed at Springmaid for several years and this was probably one of my least favorite experiences. First, I had to wait in line for an hour just to get my keys. We bought a package for 5 nights and 6 days and then we decided to add an extra night. I was told that the night was $135.00 and so was my husband when he called and actually made the reservations. Upon check-in I was told that it was actually $160.00 for that extra night because of it being the weekend before the 4th of July. I showed them my confirmation and after several days it was taken care of. The room service was ok. However, I did have to request coffee a couple of times because they didnt leave any. The pool was very unclean. I saw a man come out and clean part of it one day but never got all of it. A lady told me that she'd been there for 2 months and it had been dirty since she came. For my family it was an ok experience. I do hope that Springmaid will try harder at keeper their customers happy because I do enjoy staying there because their faculty is really nice to work with and I feel for the most part it was clean. (Except the pool!) For the money, you can't beat it. If you are looking for perfection, you'd better look elsewhere.

WARNING: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!

My trip was the weekend of August 6-9.
This hotel is at the bottom of Ocean Blvd and not within walking distance of anything except the ocean. The rooms are filthy and they never cleaned the pool. It is of Motel 6 quality at a Hyatt price.
We had to wait an hour for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel because they lost the shuttle reservation but of course they did not lose my credit card info. and charged my credit card with no delay. We had to wait 7 hours for additional towels, and they were filthy. The matresses were stained, with what I do not know nor want to think about.

The hotel AND management is just AWFUL!!

This hotel is awful and the front desk manager (Bill Ross) is very rude and inconsiderate. I had made our family vacation reservations six months in advance for a seven night stay. I even called the day before our check-in to confirm my reservations and was told we had guaranteed reservations. We drove 8 hours with three small children and was told when we arrived at checkin that they could not accomodate us at all. They said they had no more availability even though I saw the gentleman in front of me get a room for himself and family. I asked for the manager and he was very inconsiderate and rude and just said he could only refund my deposit. I explained to him that I confirmed my reservation the day before we drove 8 hours and all he said was sorry but he had a group convention flying in from New York and they were saving rooms for them. So basically, reservations means absolutely nothing to them. The one thing that came out positive from this awful experience with Springmaid is that we ended up staying at the COMPASS COVE which was beautiful, very clean and wonderful staff, a definate five star hotel. I would highly recommend the Compass Cove to anyone.

The Springmaid is FILTHY, don't waste your money..

Don't waste your time or money on this filthy hotel, it's a big disappointment and I guarantee you'll be looking for somewhere else to stay. Everything from the rooms to the restaurant to the pools are all unkept and disgustingly gross. They must be under new management because it is very apparent this hotel is taking a wrong turn. It seems like they have hardly any staff to take care of the hotel and what staff you do see could care less about making your stay a pleasant one including the front desk manager. The rooms were so dirty and smelly that you really didn't want to spend time in your room much less sleep on the bed. It's obvious the maids aren't very thorough, our bathroom floor was covered with hairs and there were food crumbs all over the floors and this was upon our checkin from the people before us. The pools and lazy river were all green. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Needless to say, our family will be vacationing at a different hotel in Myrtle Beach next time.

What a GREAT place!!!!!!!

I have been to Springmaid before. I used to go as a child. However I had not been in five years. They have done some great renovations. I just got back and I LOVED IT!! The manager, Bill Rose, and the clerk Chesney were terrific. They took care of all our needs. It bothered me to see some of the reviews before I went. I was definately worried. Now it is still Myrtle Beach, so don't go expecting the Bahamas!! The lines when we got there were long, but after that we had a GREAT TIME! I was told that they have 3 different hotels with almost 500 rooms, so with that many people you can understand the lines on a Friday! It is a great place to bring the family. I felt safe letting my children run around on the resort. It had a lot of open space, and great water features for the children. I recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Myrtle Beach. Go checkout the changes!

steer clear !!!!!!!!!!

We plan our vacations way in advance. This was to be the ultimate place for us. Right on the beach, pier for fishing, activities for the kids, close to all we wanted and all that you think would be perfect.
WRONG !!! Pools were nasty !! Rooms were not what we reserved ! Not the best place @ all. Rooms were not clean as should be. My advice, STAY SOME PLACE ELSE !!!

Don't ruin your vacation

by TripAdvisor Member carolinagirl73

1. We waited over 90 minutes to check in, only to meet a rude, rude lady. It seems as if she hated her job and decided to take it out on us.

2. She told us that the rate was $25 more a night than what we believed, 20 minutes later she straightened this out.

3. We were not given adjoining rooms or even rooms on the same floor or side of the hotel.

4. We were overcharged by $200 dollars, so she had to spend another 25 minutes fiddling with the computer to reprocess the credit card.

5. 2 hours and 15 minutes after arriving we went to our rooms...YUCK. I called my parents to see if their room across the hotel was any better, no it was not. The rooms are dark and dirty and tiny.

6. I was shocked to see that the sink for the bathroom is actually outside of the bathroom. It is the only sink in the room, so if you have to wash out baby bottles or sippy cups, you will be doing it in this tiny sink (which happened to drain sloooooooooowly.)

7. The floors are cement covered with indoor/outdoor carpeting, I was terrified that one of our children would fall out of the bed and break a limb.

8. The elevators were terribly slow and always had dirty water sloshing around the floor. (Always wear flip-flops, I even made my kids wear their beach shoes in the room and tub.)

9. The planes flying overhead CONTINUOUSLY during the day scared the daylights out of my son. He even got to the point where he didn't want to go to the pool.

10. A mother washed out her child's SOILED bathing suit in the baby pool (at Palmetto Dunes), we left the pool area and I called the front desk. We watched from the balcony and NEVER saw anyone come over.

11. The "restaurant" food was atrocious and we saw several unsupervised children "sampling" things and returning them to the buffet.

12. The advertised children's activities (this was July 2004) were all cancelled with no explanation.

13. The miniature golf course looked like something they put together in 1970 and forgot to maintain. It was cheap, but as pathetic as it was, it should have been free.

14. I had to call EVERYDAY to ask for clean towels. We also had to call several times and ask for additional towels, as we had 2 adults and 3 children, but they only left 3 or 4 towels each time.

15. After asking for clean sheets on days 3 and 4, I finally threw the sheets in the bathtub when we left the room for breakfast. The sandy sheets were replaced, but the bed was not made.

I will not continue with my rant. I have stayed at Myrtle Beach dozens of times. Some nice places, some not so nice. I understand that Myrtle Beach is a cheesy tourist trap, but I love it. We travel with our kids in the US and abroad and I have NEVER complained about a hotel. I understand that you have to take the good with the bad, but our experience with Springmaid was UNACCEPTABLE.

I wrote a respectful note of concern to management and did not receive a response. After waiting several months for a reply, I decided to post my review. We will be taking a family trip to Myrtle Beach this year and have already made reservations at ANOTHER HOTEL.

Several other hotels (some the same price, some better) were recommended to us and after researching and reading reviews we are ready for our summer trip.

TOURIST TIPS: If you enjoy Ripley's Aquarium, we went last year and bought Annual Passes for our family for not much more than the daily admission price. We took our kids often, sometimes for only an hour. If it was too crowded, we would leave and come back. We are taking our beach trip a week earlier than last year so we can enjoy our passes again.

Broadway on the Beach (where the Aquarium, other attractions and shopping are all located) has a great playground for busy toddlers and preschoolers. Our kids also loved the mermaids and pirates (and we enjoyed the food) at SeaFare in Murrells Inlet.

Great Location But Know What You're Getting!

by TripAdvisor Member durf1

My wife and I recently stayed here five nights as part of a golf school program. The location is great; right on the ocean with a nice stretch of beach and nice pier. Threre are also indoor and outdoor pools along with wading pools. They could have used a little more attention. The weather while we were there was not conducive to any pool activity anyway. The rooms seemed to be well kept but the walls are very thin. Know that this complex caters to conference groups. Our first night there, the hotel was filled with young people attending a conference that got their nights and days mixed up. The remaining time there also included conference attendees from various church groups who got up quite early each morning. Since I'm up early it did not affect me, but my wife could have used the extra sleep. All meals are served buffet style. I found the food to be fine with a nice variety. My wife thought improvement was needed regarding the taste of various dishes. The cafeteria was packed for each meal so if you're looking for a quiet peaceful atmosphere for your dining, this is not the place. The noise level was not so high, however, that it affected our visiting with the people we shared a table with. We found all service people we encountered to be very friendly. Over all, we enjoyed our stay here. Just be cognizant of the type of facility this is and the fact they cater to large groups before making your reservations.

Comments