Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort

Booking.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

More about Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member sonmod

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at the Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort during our spring break. This was our 1st time at Myrtle Beach. The condo that we stayed in was very spacious. The view was breathtaking. The kids enjoyed the lazy river and the pools. The two jacuzzis were very nice to relax in after a long day of being a tourist. The indoor pool on the 5th floor was nice and and had a great view. I am looking forward to my trip back to the Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort next year. If you want a nice place for your family to stay, I would suggest this resort.

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member wat53

my husband and i went to the beach for our 35th wedding anniversary. we have no reservation . we went to one hotel that was very bad. we were driving by the atlantic breeze at north myrtle beach we stop to see about a room. they said that they only had one room. it was on the 14th floor. very nice 2 bedroom. very clean the only problem they did not try to get us a one bedroom. that room in up costing $500.00 for 3 night. book on-line eary

Held Prisoner for 2 Nights Here

by TripAdvisor Member dlvasser

If you are going to be locked up from 10 PM till 8 AM, this is a good place to be locked up. At Check-in I'm informed the exterior doors are locked when the desk closes at 10 PM and also told they are out of keys for the exterior doors and might have more tomorrow if I want to check back later. This condo-tel is so new the lobby counter isn't finished yet. I never wrangled one of the external keys. So from 10 PM until 8 AM we could not leave. The only noise we heard was from people in the cheap motel across the street whooping it up and the usual Harley bikers. Got a real surprise when returning from dinner Saturday night (trying to beat the 10 PM curfew) when I walked into the room and it was about 55 degrees. These condos have programmable thermostats. It never occurred to me that it would be a real funny joke to program the thermostat for wild temperature swings to annoy future guests, but obviously it occurred to someone staying there previous to us. I got the room almost warm enough to remove coats and hats when I noticed another 55 degree program had kicked in. The trashcans in the parking garage were overflowing the entire time I was there. Other than the thermostat issue, the room otherwise was OK. I'm used to RCI Gold Crown accommodations and the room was up to those standards except for the lack of towels and wash cloths. The condo sleeps 8, we were left four washcloths and four bath towels. There were no pool towels available at any of the pools either so take your beach towels. Interesting location across from some really cheesy motels. There are lots of other places to stay in MB and I will not be locked up in my room like a prisoner in the Eagles "Hotel California" ever again.

A Fantastic place despite the flaws

by TripAdvisor Member MB_Lover33

We stayed the latter part of February when they had the record cold night. This is a new place that is in excellent shape. Most everything was in tiptop working order from the toilets to the refrigerator-see below for the minuses. Parking was easy for us since few were there during that week, but it would be a major problem in July and August I am sure. Large SUV's (Suburban, Range Rovers, Escalades, etc) will have a hard time parking as there is very little room for error. There is special parking for compacts. We had a wonderful oceanfront view from the master BR and LR (see pics). The directions to the management office in the building were unusual as the numbering sequence in the elevator caused some confusion to begin with. Most of the staff was cordial, but not especially warm and mostly just would answer your questions but offer nothing past the yes or no answer they gave. It was apparent to me that I was interrupting one lady’s TV time with my silly little question.
The unit we stayed in apparently had not been used since the time change as we had to change all of the clocks. Unfortunately, it hadn't been cleaned apparently during that time either. Dust was abundant on the ceiling fan in the master bedroom (see pic) and the floor was so dirty that we had to wear flip-flops all the time. Outside, the dryer vent was clogged with lint (thought I had a pic of that but don’t). It was much too cold to try the lazy river or outdoor pool. We did note that it appeared that one would not be able to see the ocean from the pool due to the dune. The heated pool was very nice, but the walk there and back from the room was a very cold one during the winter, especially when one was wet.
The beds, and we did try three of them were hard as a rock and neither of us slept well the whole week because of this. The washer was VERY loud and there was static on the phone line. We were disappointed that a condo book didn't exist that told you about the phone system, what to do in case of an emergency, etc, although the resident condo book that listed all of the warranty information was present. We would have liked to have had a DVD player, but were able to watch a movie on our laptop. The wireless internet was sluggish sometimes. We could easily hear the folks in the condo above drag their wrought iron dining room chairs across the nicely tiles floors as we expect our downstairs neighbors could hear ours as well. The elevators were quick, but the timed air fresheners would be over -powering to anyone who can breathe especially if you walk in one when it’s time for it to spray. I held my breath most of the time while in the lift and I would suggest anyone with lung problems do the same. I suppose it’s the same in every condo at the AB, at least in the three BR--the electrical plugs in the living room were “mis-positioned” and we had to use an extension cord for our laptop. The light over the sink was out, which is a concern since it’s so new. The curtains did not totally block out the sun, which I found lacking, especially in the MBR. We found the hot water lacking for temperature and especially for duration for the second person's shower, and expressed this to the lady at the condo office. She indicated it was a tankless water-heater. Nonetheless the water was coolish by the time the second person showered. I would have hated to have been the last, or even the third one of a larger group. We also noted some smokers. I made comments they could hear, bless their selective blind souls since they obviously can not read. If push comes to shove I would just ask the management to come to MY condo, not call them, or go to the other condo first. That way they can smell for themselves.

Despite all of this negative stuff, it’s a great place to stay. I wish it had been longer—it was 73 degrees when we pulled off of Ocean Boulevard to go home at 10:30 the morning we left. Timing is everything. But, it was supposed to snow the following Sunday night. Still, being at the ocean anytime, except during a hurricane level 2 or higher, is wonderful.

Family Spring Break

by TripAdvisor Member w4-family

We took our family's spring break vacation to Atlantic Ocean Breeze Resort. This was our fourth trip to the Myrtle Beach area but our first time staying at Ocean Breeze. We rented a 3 bedroom for an ocean front view and we were traveling with our 2 children (ages 8 & 5).
The hotel is beautiful and the beach is very nice. We felt a little far away from some of the main attractions, but we also did not want all the commotion that goes along with being in the heart of Myrtle Beach itself.
The hotel’s cleaning service was absolutely horrendous. After three days of never empting the garbage we finally had to say something. Not once did they ever vacuum nor sweep the floors, so we requested a broom or vacuum to do it ourselves. The tubs were laced with sand by the second day, which was never cleaned out. The daily maid service basically just made the beds. Be sure to bring extra soap, shampoo, lotion etc as the maid service rarely left any of those supplies as well.
The hotel itself relies on its sister resorts for any additional amenities beyond the pool and work out room, so there are no restaurants or activities on this property.
You are better off staying some where closer to either North Myrtle itself or around the actual Barefoot Landing area if you don’t want to stay in the heart of Myrtle beach.

The Great Reviews weren't Misleading

by TripAdvisor Member ProudMom02

I really enjoyed my stay here. The oceanfront view was breath-taking. The beachfront access was a plus, especially since it was not overcrowded like some others. The pools were a plus as well. The kitchen was well equipped to cook and serve 3 adults and several kids. I will definitely be staying here again. I highly recommend this resort! If you are doubting the superb reviews give it a try to added to the positive statements. Nonetheless, I did around some smokers. They target the balconies probably because of the no smoking policy. Only when they weren't out smoking, I enjoyed the oceanfront view. Normally, they came out at night.

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member LocalReviewer

Just wanted to say what an excellent place this is, we stayed for 2 weeks in February,

Pro's, beautiful location, condo is amazing (grantite countertops), so much space, confortable beds, more than reasonable price for what you are getting, Non-Smoking, Maid Service was a bonus, convenient parking, fantastic glass balcony.

Can't think of any con's, carpets could have been alittle cleaner, most staff were really friendly (a couple could use a little hospitality training), chairs are really good quality (heavy), only we had someone check in above or to the side and all we kept hearing was the chairs scraping, annoying when its through the night, but not the hotels fault.

Would definately stay again..

As close to 5 stars as you will ever find!

by TripAdvisor Member reddawg30307

My brother & I booked this place for race weekend this year(Darlington).. This is one of the BEST resorts I have ever set foot in..and @ about $145 per night,it was an absolute steal! 3 BR/3 bath..great kitchen facility.. fantastic oceanfront view..NO TIMESHARE HASSLES..quiet area,away from the main hwy..just can't say enough about the quality of this place! A GREAT STAY!

Our new yearly vacation destination

by TripAdvisor Member ltwller

Absolutely everything was perfect. The option of "condo package" allowed us to stay at a first rate, five star location and still stay within our budget. The staff were so helpful with all of our questions. There is nothing that we could complain about.

Great Vacation!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member anitmarie

Make sure that you go to this resort. It was extraordinary. It was roomy, clean and had all the better things of home. It has your dishwasher, washer and dryer, all dishes, pots and pans, garbage disposal, self cleaning oven, etc. So in other words, it was lacking for nothing. It had ceiling fans in everyroom, all bedrooms had a private bathroom, the rooms were extremely clean( even in the corners). The staff was great. It was located in a quiet area. I traveled with my family of six and we all loved it. You can not find a nicer place anywhere for the price. I travel a to Myrtle Beach yearly and I will be back here. That is for sure. Enjoy.

Comments