3500 North Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29582, United States

Prince Resort Condos
Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

• dirty, unhelpful staff, was mislead when reserving

Things were broken in room (and no one came to fix it after informing them several times), told it was "ocean view" from balcony but it was not- if you leaned into the living area window you could see an inch of ocean but windows are so filthy you can't see out anyways. The front desk staff was not very helpful when asked questions about the fishing packages, was very mislead when I called to reserve room about the type of room and the VIEW (like mentioned above)-- I chose the one bedroom because of the view and our other friends got their own room-- had I known the view was so terrible we would have booked the 2 bedroom for all of us and saved A LOT of money-- and appearantly all the 2 BR's have better views anyways?? Had a lot of problems trying to book the "packages" online-- it was my boyfriend's birthday and was trying to have balloons and champagne in room as a surprise so I booked it online, gave credit card info, etc but was told there was "no way for me to book it online because I made the room reservation by phone"--yet I definitely DID make this online and gave all my credit card info but appearantly it just doesn't work, it just makes you THINK you have purchased this. SO then I tried calling to check on it, was told there was a "helium shortage" so they couldn't do balloons AND the champagne jumped from 20 something dollars to 35? The site makes the Prince look like a real RESORT but it is no more than a dirty fixed up quality inn type hotel in my opinion. The room amenities were actually great but the rest of the hotel was very lacking. The pools and "lazy river" are jokes. Went to rent chairs and umbrella (through the hotel) for the beach but they had run out and told us more would be available in 20 minutes.. after 3 hours (and a burned boyfriend!) we gave up hope of ever getting an umbrella or chairs. I think they finally arrived around 5pm. After complaining about this non-existant view the VERY NICE manager let us switch to a room with a better view for the last 2 days. But all other employees were very unhelpful and did not seem to know anything about the packages listed online, couldn't give us an estimated price, etc. I was hoping for a very very nice, classy, clean hotel... this is more of a little beach hotel with zillions of people packed into the tiny pool and other areas... and that's fine, I just wish I had known when booking!

Unique Quality: tiny pool, lazy river is a joke, definitely not a "RESORT" feeling like the site suggests, things were broken... would have just stayed at a Days Inn for what we got here and saved a lot of money. NOT CLOSE to ANYTHING... had very expensive cab rides just to go eat or do anything!

Directions: middle of nowhere.

More about Prince Resort

LOVED our stay at the Prince Resort-WILL stay there from now on.

by TripAdvisor Member jlfharv

I was searching expedia.com and tripadvisor.com for a place to stay for Labor Day weekend and I stumbled upon the Prince Resort. I had never heard of this place and I have stayed at North Myrtle Beach a lot. I found out the reason I have never seen it or heard of it is because it is pretty much brand new and just opened this year. Simplyl put I highly recommend this resort. From the moment I arrived I had a feeling that this is the place that I was going to stay at from now on when I go to North Myrtle Beach...as long as their is vacancy. The check-in process was extremely fast and easy and the front desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful, and very professional. This place is very impressive. When you take the elevator up to the 2nd floor and the doors open to the lobby the thing I thought was wow, this is beautiful. To get an idea of how this hotel is setup there is a huge tower that is ocean front and there is a tower across the street which offers ocean view rooms as well as marsh view rooms. I decided on the marsh/ocean view room across the street because it was cheaper at $149.99 per night. As I was speaking with the front desk booking our room she explained to me how much she loved these rooms and how beutiful they were. She was right. I couldn't believe how nice this room was for the price. I have stayed at other places for the same rate and never got a room like this. This room had a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher. There was a washer and dryer combo unit behind a door in a small room built in the wall. There was a seperate living/TV room with a couch and a nice TV. The balcony was to the left of the couch with a beautiful view of the marshes and you could see the ocean from the large window in the kitchen and from the balcony. The bathroom was spacious and very clean with a great shower. The flooring in the kitchen/living room/bathroom was very nice, real tile. The bedroom was actually a seperate room with it's own door and it was a very nice king bed. The bedroom also had it's own TV and their was a ceiling fan. The room had its own digital, easy to use thermostat for the air conditioner and it was easy to keep the room comfortable. My wife and I were very happy with this room. Everything was very clean and it really helped us unwind and relax. In our tower there was a pool, lazy river, kiddie pool and 2 jaccuzzi's on the 9th floor. This was so convenient because we didn't have to cross the street to go to the pool at the ocean front tower. The pool area was beutiful because it was ocean view. It was designed very well and offers very nice views. Also on the 9th floor is a workout room and a cardio room with very nice equipment. Another great thing about being in the tower across the street is the parking deck is attached to the tower so you can park, unload and get in the elevator and go right to your room. This was nice because if you stayed in the other tower you would have to unload in the unloading zone then go park then walk back across the street. Not a huge deal but just a nice addition to staying across the street. Of course, if you stay on the side we did...which by the way I loved it so much I would stay on that side again, you have cross thes street to get to the ocean. But believe me, this is no big deal. It is a small, 2 lane road. The road is not terribly busy so it's easy to cross then you are right there. Not a long walk at all. And while i'm on the subject of not so busy, that's another thing I loved about this place. It was in Cherry Grove in North Myrtle Beach which is no where near as busy as you get futrher in to North Myrtle. Another thing I loved about this property is the histor Cherry Grove pier is right behind the Ocean Front tower and you have free access if you are a guest of the hotel. Otherwise it cost $1.00 to walk on the pier. You still have to pay to fish though, but that is to be expected. At the front of the pier is a bar and grill with food such as burgers, chicken sandwiches,etc... and of course anything you would want from a bar. This was very convenient and we ate there the first night we got there and enjoyed the food. There was also a live reggae band playing so it was a very fun atmosphere. The hotel also had another nice restaurant in the lobby. We didn't eat there but the menu looked good and they give you a coupon for a free apetizer. Before I forget, I did use the wired internet access in the room and it worked great and was fast. No problems. Overall, we had an awesome stay and I will stay there again without a doubt. I took some pictures and hope to be adding those very soon.

Our favorite resort!

by TripAdvisor Member loraleellc

We stayed at the Prince Resort for a few days after Christmas and absolutely loved it! After staying at more established resorts in Myrtle Beach, the Prince was a new and welcome change for us! We stayed in the 2nd tower across the street and loved the view of the ocean, beach, and pier from our balcony. Another great feature of this building is the exercise room which overllooks a beautiful view of the marsh, and the lazy river and pools on the 9th floor. Our beautifully decorated one-bedroom king-size unit had a brand new smell, and all the amenities we needed, and it was conveniently close to the parking deck. Overall, we were very impressed with the Prince Resort, and enjoyed the Sunday brunch at the onsite restaurant. Would highly recommend and we plan to stay here again and again!

Nice Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Kandie27

My fiance and I stayed at the Prince Resort Sept. 20th - 24th. First I'll point out the Pro's then the Con's.

Pro's - Brand new resort, very spacious rooms, spectacular views(if oceanfront), huge whirlpool tub, great fitness rooms and very romantic setup.
Con's - Housekeeping is very slow, no dvds in the rooms (or as I was told by the front desk "only in certain rooms"). No indoor pools or jacuzzi's.

Overall the Resort is extremly nice, its brand new.. just a little tweeks and qwirks to workout will really give it much higher rating.. I would love to stay here when I come back in January but without indoor facilities it wouldn't be accommodating.

Wonderful Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Whiccup

My wife and I had the privilege of staying at Prince Resort, November 15-18, 2007. The initial one bedroom oceanfront had an unclean restroom in it. The front desk representative quickly met our needs by putting us in a 2-bedroom oceanfront. We were thoroughly pleased with their friendliness and quick response to our complaint. This unit(2-bedroom) is very nice and was very clean. The balcony looked out almost directly over the Cherry Grove Pier. The unit was on the left corner of the building, so the views were excellent. We were able to see Tower #2 , the 9th floor pool area, a north view of Cherry Grove, both from the living room and 2nd bedroom. The balcony had plenty of seating. Please bring your own DVD player as one was not provided for this unit. The master bedroom(oceanfront) had a King sized bed and large bathroom with garden tub. The comfort level of the bed was medium to good. We would recommend this resort without hesitancy. Please be aware, however, that it does not have indoor pool or lazy river facilities. We look forward to booking this resort for our next trip to North Myrtle/Myrtle Beach, planned for March 2008.

OK for a last minute getaway

by TripAdvisor Member VADAZ

This was the only property available at 10pm on a Friday w/ a screaming child. If there had been anything else, we wouldn't have stayed at the Prince Resort. The desk staff at check-in were less than friendly. The staff person that was assisting me was interrupted by an unhappy condo owner; I waited patiently while she tried to make him happy. The condo was quite roomy for the price and the amenities were nice as well. It wasn't as clean as I'd like; there was sand on the bathroom floor and hair in the bathtub. Overall, it was fair to good.
My main complaint was with the staff at the restaurant onsite. They were obviously understaffed as the hostess was seating, gathering & refilling drinks, & delivering food. It was completely unorganized. The final straw after waiting too long, in my opinion, for the manager to take our food order, I witnessed the head "chef" lick his fingers after placing bacon on a plate. The kitchen is open for customers to see. These are the same hands that I saw pick up waffles, pancakes, & toast. I was absolutely sick to my stomach at this point and told the manager. We didn't even stay around to see the confrontation; paid for our coffee and left.
So overall, the room was okay. Don't submit yourself to the restaurant, unless they've fired the heavyset, sweaty, bossy, finger licking man behind the waffle griddle.

A nice Christmas get away

by TripAdvisor Member Travelsuster

We stayed at the Prince Resort in April of 2007 and had a wonderful experience so we thought of them again when we decided to visit Myrtle Beach during the Christmas holiday. Initially we were not going to be there on Christmas day but our plans changed we decided to go and celebrate Christmas there.

Considering that we never spent Christmas away from home we factored some things into the decision but not others. We figured places might be closing early on Christmas eve and closed on Christmas day but never did we expect services in and around the hotel to be shut down.

We arrived much later than we anticipated and were fortunate to find a gas station open where we could get the few perishable items that we needed to complete our Christmas dinner; eggs, milk, etc.

When we arrived the person at the desk wasn't overly friendly but he got us checked in a timely manner. When we arrived at our room on the 17th floor we were pleased the room was clean and like we remember from April spacious and the well stocked.

Since we planned to finish cooking our prepped Christmas dinner the next day we checked to see if we had sufficient cookware and found that we need a few more baking dishes. We called to the front desk and the guy said he would get the dishes that I requested. He even offered to have them brought up by the security guard.

It was only after we hung up the phone and started to unpack our groceries that we realized that there were no lights in the kitchen. We called down and told the guy at the front desk and he said he could again send the security guy up to check it out but that maintenance was off for Christmas. I was a little shocked that there was no one available maybe not that night because it was late but the next day for at least a few hours. The issue with the light in the kitchen was that once the sun went down the kitchen was too dark to see what you were cooking and so so forth. The security guard came up and brought a bunch of light bulbs but that was the extent of his responsiblity as far as he was concerned. With no ladder how were we supposed to reach the light fixture. So we eventually put one of the lamps in the kitchen which gave a decent amount of light but wasn't the same as a kitchen light.

Since the hotel was not busy at all you would think that he would have made note of the light being out in our kitchen and had someone come and change it the next day but he didn't and we had to call again. The maintenance guy came up promptly and replaced it.

We enjoyed our stay in inspite of that and the fact that the electricity went out for about 45 minutes the Thursday after Christmas. When I called the person at the front seem annoyed that I was calling to see what the problem might be and to see when it might be resolved. Mind you we were on the 17th floor and if we need to get downstairs that is quite a ways down. And even more of a task if we need to come back up with a senior citizen. But it came back on and we went out hoping that when we returned that the electricity would still be on and we would be able to use the elevator to get back up to the 17th floor.

All in all it was a nice stay. I have had the opportunity to stay at quite a few nice places recently when they were new and the Prince Resort is one of them. It always amazes me how quickly these places can get run down by the wear tear of guest and in some respect poor maintenance.

I would stay there again, the few problems were not major, major but considering the hotel was almost empty you would think a little more personal attention could have been shown.

Great last minue getaway

We booked our stay as a "spur of the moment getaway" after Thanksgiving. Living in Charleston, the drive was fairly short (a little over 2 hours) and the location was very quiet. We stayed on the 10th floor in the building across the street. The room was exceptionally clean with lots of space. It was described as a King room with a marsh view but we had a view of the Atlantic ocean as well. The staff was courteous and efficient, and the food in the restaurant was excellent. The only downside of our stay was the mattress on the King-sized bed was very firm. All in all we enjoyed our visit and would probably return for a stay during the summer months.

LOVED IT!

by TripAdvisor Member bamablondie86

A group of my girlfriends and I went there for our Spring Break during the first week in March. We had reserved a three bedroom suite on the 19th floor, and requested the option of having one bedroom with a king, and the other two with two doubles each. We got to our amazing room to find two kings and one set of doubles. Having reserved it the way we did for a purpose (so we each could have a bed to ourselves), we went downstairs to let the front desk know. Andre, who was more than happy to help us, fixed it immediately and gave us a second room down the hall for free. It was a two bedroom suite. It definitely worked out for the best because we each then had our own bedroom!

Overall the rooms were great. Loved the spaciousness, everything about the kitchen, and definitely the large bathrooms. Housekeeping always did a great job of coming in and cleaning and leaving clean towels everyday. The only drawback (which was minor to us) was the loud whistling resulting from high winds and being on the 19th floor. It was somewhat unsettling late at night because it resembled a warning siren of sorts!

We absolutely loved the tiki bar, the bartenders and the staff there. They were so friendly and helpful!

The front desk, especially Andre, was helpful and generally quick on any requests we had.

For those worried about going there because of the possibility of young college kids partying, don't worry. My friends and I do party, but aren't out of control. To settle your worries: we were somewhat loud the first night and had security up there at the first complaint of a neighbor. He was extremely nice and respectable about it, but warned if a second complaint came that we would be evicted. We totally understood and were fine the rest of the break. So they do take partying and loudness seriously, and we respect that!

If this wasn't our senior year, we would definitely be going back again =)

loved the lpeaceful location

by TripAdvisor Member Hawkrridge

Booked a 3 nite stay but decided to stay for 2 more nites. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The dining room services and food was excellent.
This was probably the cleanest hotel that we have ever stayed in.The location was perfect for some peace and tranquility, close to a major grocery store, liquor store,fish store, and some restaurants...away from the hustle and bustle of hwy 17 and ocean blvd.
Would recommend the hotel to anybody anyday!

Prince of Darkness

by TripAdvisor Member chelldeni

The Prince had great reviews, but I and hundreds of other guests on June 16th and 17th experienced a problem showing the Prince to be a prince of darkness. June 16th fire alarms sounded and electricity was lost. Staff knew nothing. Power remained off with two more fire alarms and visits from North Myrtle Beach F.D. When staff questioned about contingency plan or availability of flashlights, the staff said they had no back up plan and although they had flashlights they were not giving them to guests. I was staying in the hotel with a child in a now sweltering and quickly darkening room. I insisted on relocation because I new Expedia would back me on this. I was told I could take my stuff to their sister hotel for the night, but I had to return the next day. I complied lugging my stuff and my son. Upon return the next day, there was still no power, but assured that it would be back on by one. I was given a complimentary voucher for a free breakfast that I was told I could use on any day before my check-out. At one, the power was not on. Dozens of people were checking out of the hotel, so I decided to wait. The power came on for about one minute and the generator outside my room blew sending billowing black smoke into the air. I called the desk and asked for a back up plan for guests and our now rotting food. The ice in the freezers melted and the refridgerated items smelled. The desk said there was still, on day two with no power, no back up plan but if I had a receipt for the food, I could get reimbursed. I asked for permanent relocation to another hotel and had to wait in line for hours to get relocated because others were also attempting relocation. There was a woman with insulin which needed refrigeration, a breast feeding mother who needed a refridgerator to store milk, a man whose father needed to be hooked up to a medical device, etc. The hotel had no customer service. The manager said it wasn't their fault. Any decent facility would have offered to transfer guests to another location and provided complimentary meals for the inconvenience since the hotel lobby and restaurants all had power via back-up generator. Back to the complimentary breakfast voucher-I came in on the 19th to enjoy the complimentary buffet breakfast with my son. The waitress asked me what we wanted to drink. I asked for coffee. When she brought the coffee I asked for cream and sugar please. She stated it was on the counter and I could get it myself. Then after the meal she stated that the voucher I gave her was only good for the day before. I went to the front desk and another relocated guest was discussing the situation with the rude Jamaican? manager because he too had been given a voucher for breakfast and was told the restaurant would not honor it. He had a party of about 10! He told her he could not believe after all we had been through that we were having to fight to get a free breakfast buffet ticker honored. I told her I was in line with the same problem. I gave her my ticket and left. I don't know if the breakfast charge will appear on my credit card or if I will get reimbursed for my lost food, but I do know that the stress this caused for me and my son on our first vacation alone, without his brother present, will never be fully described in words. We were both in tears and although the Prince may be a great hotel when things are fine, it is how a hotel treats its customers when there is a problem that defines the truly great hotels and this hotel ranks at the bottom of the pits of *&() in the customer service department. Ask any guest visiting June 16th or 17th!

Comments