Prince Resort

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 677 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com

dirty, unhelpful staff, was mislead when reserving

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2012

Things were broken in room (and no one came to fix it after informing them several times), told it was "ocean view" from balcony but it was not- if you leaned into the living area window you could see an inch of ocean but windows are so filthy you can't see out anyways. The front desk staff was not very helpful when asked questions about the fishing packages, was very mislead when I called to reserve room about the type of room and the VIEW (like mentioned above)-- I chose the one bedroom because of the view and our other friends got their own room-- had I known the view was so terrible we would have booked the 2 bedroom for all of us and saved A LOT of money-- and appearantly all the 2 BR's have better views anyways?? Had a lot of problems trying to book the "packages" online-- it was my boyfriend's birthday and was trying to have balloons and champagne in room as a surprise so I booked it online, gave credit card info, etc but was told there was "no way for me to book it online because I made the room reservation by phone"--yet I definitely DID make this online and gave all my credit card info but appearantly it just doesn't work, it just makes you THINK you have purchased this. SO then I tried calling to check on it, was told there was a "helium shortage" so they couldn't do balloons AND the champagne jumped from 20 something dollars to 35? The site makes the Prince look like a real RESORT but it is no more than a dirty fixed up quality inn type hotel in my opinion. The room amenities were actually great but the rest of the hotel was very lacking. The pools and "lazy river" are jokes. Went to rent chairs and umbrella (through the hotel) for the beach but they had run out and told us more would be available in 20 minutes.. after 3 hours (and a burned boyfriend!) we gave up hope of ever getting an umbrella or chairs. I think they finally arrived around 5pm. After complaining about this non-existant view the VERY NICE manager let us switch to a room with a better view for the last 2 days. But all other employees were very unhelpful and did not seem to know anything about the packages listed online, couldn't give us an estimated price, etc. I was hoping for a very very nice, classy, clean hotel... this is more of a little beach hotel with zillions of people packed into the tiny pool and other areas... and that's fine, I just wish I had known when booking!

Unique Quality: tiny pool, lazy river is a joke, definitely not a "RESORT" feeling like the site suggests, things were broken... would have just stayed at a Days Inn for what we got here and saved a lot of money. NOT CLOSE to ANYTHING... had very expensive cab rides just to go eat or do anything!

Directions: middle of nowhere.

Nearby Prince Resort

Prince Resort

• Prince Hotel Condos
  • Prince Hotel North Myrtle Beach
  • Prince Resort Condos Hotel North Myrtle Beach

Address: 3500 North Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29582, United States

Amenities at Prince Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

North Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for North Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest North Myrtle Beach hotel reviews