Seaside Resort

2301 South Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29582, United States
Seaside
Expedia.com SeasideResort.com Booking.com

More about Seaside Resort

The best place to stay :Seaside myrtle beach

by TripAdvisor Member vivetravel

Loved the accomadation . 2 adults and 3 kids we had a 1 bedroom...lots of space . Great view from the 14th floor. Pools very refreshing, they supply pool towels and chairs. Staff very good. Flo is great in the breakfast room...breakfast was more than enough. Room was always clean supplied soap ect... everyday. WE WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK, we can't wait.

seaside vs. avista

by TripAdvisor Member HappyRPh

We stayed at the Avista in June and just got back from Seaside so I can tell you the good and bad about both in case you are contemplating both. First of all, the Seaside rooms (we stayed in a 2 bedroom) was nice and clean just like the Avista , the kitchen being a little smaller in the Seaside than in the 2 BR Avista. The staff was probably a little friendlier/more helpful at the Seaside but they were good at the Avista too. The washer/dryer at the Seaside was MUCH better--I could never figure the one at th Avista out. Parking was much better at the Seaside--you park on the first 3-4 levels of the hotel instead of having to walk across the street to get to your car.
Now, the bad:
The elevators are SLOW-- there are only 2 and when one finally does come, it was packed many times.
The pool area was much smaller at the Seaside and more confined. At the Avista, you can escape and go sit at the chairs and tables on the grass, but at the Seaside there is no escape from the noise that is usually going on. There is NO POOLSIDE BAR at the Seaside like there is at the Avista so no cool drinks or food by the pool.
The breakfast is not acceptable. Even though it is "free", it is not worth even going to. Can you get a hot breakfast if you want ? No, because there is no kitchen/restaurant. Basically,you are in this room with donuts,bagels,muffins,bread,waffles you have to toast,juice and coffee. There are people crowding around the toaster to heat their food. Not my idea of a vacation breakfast.We went to Dino's after the 1st day. At the Avista, you have to pay for your breakfast (not much-7 dollars maybe) but it is a full buffet of bacon eggs grits hash browns sausage and you sit in a restaurant instead of conference tables.
Both are great hotels--in Myrtle and N.Myrtle it is hard to find hotels this nice BUT if I did it again next year, The Avsita would be my choice.

Would not stay here again...dishonest people

by TripAdvisor Member luvourvacations

My family and I stayed here the weekend of July 13th in room 504. Today is August 9th when I am writing the review. I am 42 years old. As you see I am not one to write a bad review quickly. We rented a 2 bedroom condo. The night of July 14th, after dinner and great entertainment, we came back to our condo to find my parents bedroom flooded (it was around midnight when this was discovered) . The water had come back up the pipes in the sink. According to the contractor that my mother spoke with, this was not the first time this had happened. The management offered to move us to another room, My mother went to look at it and discovered it to have a bad odor. Not much else to do but stay. The front desk staff said that we would be compensated for our trouble. Apparently this was a lie. Three weeks later nothing had been done. Nothing would have been done if my mother had not called August 6th to see if they were planning compensation for our trouble. The lady she talked to said that she would call her back the same afternoon after talking to someone higher up. My mother had to call back the next afternoon because the lady she had spoken with had not called her back as promised. She spoke with the same lady and she still did not have an answer . August 9th, after speaking to the same lady yet again, a manager finally phoned my mother and offered her 20% off one night 's rate of our stay and 20% off our next stay with them. Is he kidding? Why would we want to stay there again? There are too many places to choose from in North Myrtle Beach to stay here again. Satisfaction is apparently not guaranteed here. Also,the parking deck was the first four floors and was not made for SUV's. It was hard to maneuver a vehicle. I consider it dangerous. I chose not to give this place a terrible because a continental breakfast was provided everyday and the lady that took care of that area was very nice.

Overall good, but a few odd annoyances

by TripAdvisor Member drsusan

Our extended family (3 adults, kids aged 8mo - 17 yrs) stayed in a 3br 3bath oceanfront room for 5 days. The room was exactly as it appeared online - spacious, wonderful view, large kitchen, tv in every bedroom.
The breakfast was typical continental - noothing special, in our opinion, but adequate. Mostly bread/cereal items, watermelon/bananas, yogurt, coffee/OJ/AJ. The breakfast attendant was truly as friendly and helpful as other reviews have said.
The pools were about perfect -- there are three, one all the way outdoor and two under the parking deck (one pool and a lazy river). They are smallish but with three of them, only the lazy river seemed crowded on occasion. The shallowist pool is 3 feet so bring floats if you have children younger than this (we do and we did and it was fine). Our advice is to bring your own towels - the hotel does provide towels for the pools but the clean ones were gone by about 11am and were replenished irregularly and inadequately throughout the rest of the day.
The beach is clean and you can rent umbrellas/chairs by the day or week (this is a city of NMB thing). It is a public beach but never seemed too crowded (we were only there M-Fri; weekends may be different).
The odd annoyances were the TIGHT parking - we drive a van and needed a guide to get in and out of the parking spots in the garage. There is a lot across the street but the garage keeps the car cool. There is also almost no air conditioning in the hallways and elevators, which may sound like no big deal but we were on the 12th floor and riding up and down in a slow hot elevator was pretty uncomfortable. The most odd occurence was the removal of the batteries from the apartment's thermostat - we noticed the room was getting stuffy and went to check the thermostat only to find it off and missing the 2 double A batteries that went inside. No one at the hotel could explain that, but maintenence did come upstairs and give us replacements.
Overall it was a pretty good experience and we would stay there again.

Over-priced. Not a luxury resort!

by TripAdvisor Member triplogger

My family and I stayed in a two bedroom condo at the Seaside Aug 9-12. The housekeeping and breakfast staff were very friendly and the breakfast was more than expected, but other than the appearance, these are the best things about the place. When we arrived, we thought our tile floors were wet because they were freshly mopped. This was not the case....it was the humidity. Our floors, cabints and air conditioning vents stayed wet with condensation. We had to lay towels in the floor so we wouldn't be injured from all the sliding around. This is out of their control, but certainly to be expected at the beach. Slick tiles were a poor choice and show poor planning. Textured tiles would have been a better. Marty at the front desk acted as if he could care less when we mentioned the dangerours floors to him. My daugter was only able to use the lazy river (her favorite) once because other guests used all the floats at the other pools. The ever-present staff did nothing about this. I didn't unpack my iron when I saw one was provided, but i couldn't use it because it leaked profusley. The washer somehow locked shut at the end of each cycle and had to be pryed open. The vending machines didn't work on our floor. The couch and chair were very uncomfortable. There was no valet cart available upon our arrival and departure. Thankfully, we drove my sedan and not my husband's SUV because the parking deck is a nightmare. These may seem like minor issues, but they add up and become a huge problem when I am paying $358/night at a place that claims to be a "luxury resort". Everything looks nice, but looks are deceiving. There a places just as nice for less in the same area. Don't waste your money.

A very satisfying vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Traveling3s

We began our stay in a 2-bedroom oceanfront suite. We are three tall people who live in a tiny townhouse so we were initially quite impressed with the spaciousness of the rooms. Their size, however, belies their functionality as we discovered storage to be a problem. The architects must have thought that once unpacked, folks don’t need a place for their suitcases or any surfaces upon which to place objects in the bedrooms, bathrooms or kitchen. Also, there was a severe lack of lighting in the master bedroom, which was illuminated by a single low-watt bulb. There are no windows in the bedrooms of a majority of the units, as we would discover.

We weren’t bothered too much by the inconveniences reviewers mention such as lack of pool towels, rule enforcers and garage space but recognize that these could be annoying to some. We were thoroughly enamored with the generous white sand beach, the warm, lively ocean and the overall pleasantness of the vacationers.

Due to a snafu that may have been a result of my failing memory or the resort’s failure to e-mail me a written confirmation or a combination of the two, we needed to extend our stay one more day but we were told the place was fully booked. Disgruntled, as we were packing up for a hasty departure, staff member Roberta graciously went out of her way to find us accommodations for the additional night. It turned out to be the best unit of our stay (#508) in terms of layout and also the least expensive. We were very grateful to Roberta for saving our vacation!

Most relaxing vacation ever!

by TripAdvisor Member DeanBean

We stayed at the Seaside from August 13-20, 2007 and booked the 3-bedroom oceanfront suite. One word to describe the room was INCREDIBLE. Our room featured 3 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living room and family room, and a laundry room. We paid around $350/night with maid service and free continental breakfast.

Check-in was easy and quick. The people working in the office were very friendly and helpful. We got to our room quickly and easily (there is no bell service but there are plenty of carts to use).

Our room was clean and almost everything was new (the hotel just opened last Fall). The living area had the most fantastic view with a corner wall of windows. We had a nice balcony that overlooked the pool and the beach.

The kitchen was nicely equipped with the usual appliances, plates, silverware, pots and pans, etc

There are 3 pools and 2 hot tubs. There is an outside pool, a pool in the covered area (looks like it will be indoors sometime in the future), and a small lazy river complete with floats. The kids loved the pool and lazy river.

But the main reason to stay oceanside in Myrtle Beach is the beach! The beach was fantastic and ten steps from the pool.

They also had kid's activities during the week such as a Shark Tooth Hunt on the beach, water sports, crafts, etc. They were well organized and the staff was very friendly.

The room had wireless internet for free. It worked but occasionally it dropped signals and had to reconnect. Just a mid inconvenience. I think they use cheap routers.

Our room also had FOUR flat-panel TVs. Even though we didn't spend much time watching them, they would be nice on a rainy day. (Luckily we had no rain!)

The only real negative to the entire stay is the low and tight parking garage. Our minivan barely fit height-wise and there are some very sharp turns in the garage. And the spots are very, very tight due to all the concrete supports. The hotel does, however, have an uncovered parking lot across the street for oversized vehicles. If you do park in the garage, look for the mirrors at each turn to alert you of oncoming traffic.

We will definitely be returning to the Seaside. Next time we will try to stay in the winter to avoid the traffic in Myrtle Beach. But our stay at the Seaside was wonderful, the kids loved it, and just staying in and enjoying the beach and the pool was very, very relaxing.

Rooms are okay,over priced rates, staff was not helpful, probably would not stay

by TripAdvisor Member geegee72

We stayed at the Seaside from Aug 21-24 of 2007. First off our tv did not have a working remote. The sofa in the living room area was stained. There was a guest who complained to maintenance about some lady letting her child poop in the pool and they did nothing. He only stated that as long as we could not see the poop, then there is nothing for them to do. We were very concerned about the bacteria in the pool. You could not really use the lazy river because guest had them in the pool area. Pool area not really good for smaller kids, the lowest feet is 3ft. The area in location is good, much quieter than the other side of the myrtle. There was no traffic at all. The parking is kind of tight, we have a grand jeep cherokee and we had to always try to find the parking closer to the end, they seemed to be much wider. The complimentary breakfast that is included in your price is not really worth it, you are better off trying the mom and pops resturants b/c they have breakfast for like 2.50. The resort has 14 floors, but only two elevators for the entire hotel, which made for really long waits. I just think for the price you can get much better out there.

Great Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member MichelleOhio

Now that the summer is coming to an end, I can take a minute to look back and enjoy some of the memories made with my family. One of the highlights was our vacation to North Myrtle Beach. As I did my research for hotel accomodations, I found it very difficult to find a hotel that would allow a family of 6 in one room. The Seaside was able to provide everything that I was looking for. We stayed in a one bedroom suite big enough for all of us. The living room had a murphy bed that pulled out for my six year old twins to share. The parking was a bit tight for our minivan, but not too inconvient. I did not find it to be a major problem or a dangerous situation. However, we did have to take the carrier off the top of our van before entering the garage. We were greeted by a very friendly staff. We loved our room. We were surprised at the size of the bathroom - very large with a huge whirlpool tub. Our room had two flat screen TV's, washer & dryer, and an awesome balcony. The kids loved the pools and lazy river. My husband and I found the hotubs to be very relaxing on a starry night. We saved money by using our fully furnished kitchen for lunches. We also enjoyed the breakfast offered daily. I thought the selection was good and never had a problem feeding 4 picky children. We also looked forward to visiting with Flo , the lovely lady managing the breakfast area. She was so friendly and the kids loved her.
The beach was great - not too many people and very family friendly. We really appreciated the fact that it was only a few steps from the hotel. We had a great time. The day we were scheduled to leave our tranmission went out in our van. I was very upset as I could see the traffic pouring in for the weekend. We are from Ohio and had no idea of where to look for service. Not only did the staff at the front desk help us find a honest dealer to take our van to - they also made sure we would have a room as long as we needed one. I had booked this vacation at least six months in advance when the rates were much lower. We needed to stay a total of four extra nights. The staff could see what a siituation we were in.They not only allowed us to stay for the same rate we were paying, but also upgraded us to a larger room. I will always be grateful to the Seaside. As you can guess, we ended up spending way more than we had planned but we were still able to go home with great memories of the beach. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

would not stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member Wilross3

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend. Very average. Breakfast was ok for the kids (6 and 4), but unless you're on a high carb, high sugar donut diet, your choice is a banana or watermelon. Some funky deodorizer on our floor and in the room, finally olfactory fatigue set in and we could tolerate it. Bed in master suite was prety mushy. Parking deck was VERY tight, other reviews have said unsafe - I would agree, though there is a surface lot across the street. On the upside, housekeeping was good, rooms were clean, and the pools were very nice. Kids loved the lazy river. We love NMB, but would not consider staying here again.

Comments