Litchfield Beach And Golf Resort

14276 Ocean Hwy, 2 mi north of Pawleys Island (Drawer 320, , South Carolina, 29585, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• allenkite's Profile Photo

DISCOUNTED RATES

Dates and Rates
    -------------------------
    11/05/00 - 11/20/00 $44.00 . . . 11/26/00 - 12/25/00 $39.00 . . . Your choice of a hotel suite at the Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort or an ocean front room at The Litchfield Inn . . . Requires minimum 3 night stay with a Sunday or Monday arrival . . . Ask for the SECRET SEASON!

Unique Quality: 3 Signature Golf Courses . . . Health & Beauty Spa . . . Indoor & Outdoor Pools . . . Dining & Entertainment . . . Litchfield Racquet Club & Tennis School . . . Summer Adventure Camp for Children

Directions: I have not personally stayed here . . . Sister (newer) property to The Oceanfront Litchefiled Inn . . . One of my friends has stayed here and said it was great . . . The prices certainely are

More about Litchfield Beach And Golf Resort

Right out of the 70's!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member highlandsally

We looked so forward to this Resort as it "looked good" on it's web site. We booked a "Spring get Away Package." We arrived and grounds were very impressive. The lobby was okay but nothing to brag about. Our room was located on the 4th. floor of the hotel section closest to the lobby area. Our room did have a king size bed that was in okay condition. Large rooms with separate bedroom and "weird bathroom." The room was very dingy and grubby. It could have had the walls washed or maybe repainted in a cheerier colour than dirt on dirty walls!!!!! The room smelled heavily of disinfectant and not clean. The mini kitchen had cabinets from the 70's drooping on the wall. A vintage microwave with a door that didn't close. The bar fridge with icemaker was not hooked up to a water line and no ice cube trays. No icemaker in hallways either. By this time, who cares as there were 2 styrofoam cups in the room to go with the outdated coffee maker. We gave up on making coffee and decided to have a glass of wine but no glasses in the room. We treaked to the bar in the rain and borrowed 2 "chipped wine glasses". Went to have a bath in the whirlpool tub for two. Two jets were missing and no plug for the tub. Bathroom door wouldn't close and just the romantic thoughts of relaxing with a glass of wine in the whirlpool tub for two while watching the peeling wallpaper peel some more were literally down the drain!!!!! I complained at the front desk and we move to a third floor room with no whirlpool and two twin beds as we were told all kingsized beds were rented out. (I think that was our punishment for having complained!) ( I checked the internet and according to it, they still had kingsized beds available.) The twin beds were okay but the rest of the furniture was dingy and dirty. This hotel section could be lovely as the rooms are very spacious but it needs a total "gut" and a good makeover. Happy hour was great with $1.00 glasses of beer. Hot tub was nice and warm but in outdated surroundings. Exercise room left alot to be desired and shower / change rooms are the pits. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and lots of great fresh fruit but lacked organization. Staff running everywhere but not getting alot done! Our one romantic dinner which was part of our package was another "just okay dinner!". The wine was grossly over priced with dinner. This is a very candid review of this property and having stayed for 4 nights at another hotel in Myrtle Beach (at much less $$$ per night) prior to this hotel, I hope that you shop around as this hotel is a 1 star and not a 3 star. P.S. there really are Alligators on the golf course. One word of advise, "Ask to see the room before you decide to take it."

This is a No Star Resort.......!!!!!...Maybe 3 in 1960

Please Be Advised...... If U like to travel and have stayed at a Econo Logde and loved it! This is ure place. If not ... don't go. We were in Hotel room#130. My gosh it was so bad that we checked out after the first night. Some people bad mouth resorts due to bad service or something but this place took the cake. It advertises as if it's top notch. I've stayed at places like the Beau Rivage in Biloxi Ms, Hilton's Hilton Head Beach Resort, Westin in Savannah GA.. Those R resorts.. This place is a place to lay ure head if ure just that tired to drive to Myrtle Beach or even down the road to a Hotel Chain. I spoke to the Room Manager about the situation. He said that the rooms...the whole Hotel Building needs to be Knocked down and rebuilt but that they rent out so well.... My view was of a black swimming pool surrounded by construction. The worst part of the trip is that it was free.. Yes Free because we were suppose to tour a Time Share thru Fiesta, and receive $25 food voucher along with the accomodations at the lovely Litchfield Golf and whatever.. I didn't tour due to my lack of interest for any company that would invite someone to the area and put them up at this property. DO NOT STAY HERE

Will not return

We just returned from the Litchfield Inn, the older portion of the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort. I have stayed at this same hotel the past seven years. This year I was compelled to write a review to warn everyone in the recent changes in management. We were regular customers at this little gem until our last stay.

I liked the Litchfield Inn due to the competitive pricing, quiet atmosphere, and clean rooms. You could normally book a room facing the ocean for $80, some with a screened in porch. This included microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker.

The following items were observed during this stay:

1) Rude and unresponsive front desk personnel
2) Housekeeping (i.e. bathroom floor not mopped, trash under the beds)
3) Change in operating hours/food service hours for Calypso Bar and Grill
4) Overall decrease in level of service at this resort.
5) Abundance of new associates still in training.

My thoughts have been forwarded to the management at the hotel so I am anxious for a response. Overall, this hotel has a different feel than previous years. Anyone who has been a repeat customer to this hotel will definitely notice the change. I do not anticipate returning to this hotel. Nice location - it's a shame the new management is not familiar with customer service.

Can't beat this deal

I don't think you can beat this place if your playing golf. I stayed there for 5 nights in the bridgwater building in a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the pool and ocean, and it was very nice. I stayed with 4 other golfers and it cost each of us for the 5 nights $450 a person. That included all the golf, that you get to choose what courses you want to play, and a buffet breakfast every morning that was excellent.

The rooms were very clean and the staff at the restaurant and bar were very nice.

If you want to stay somewhere away from the Myrtle beach area this place is worth the money. It's only about a 30 minute ride south of Myrtle Beach

You also don't have to be playing golf to stay there. There were a lot of people that were just staying there because they were on vacation.

If your a golfer check this place out!!

322 Oystercatcher Island is the Best Place to Stay at Litchfield Beach!

What a wonderful place to enjoy nature, beaches, and the ocean. At check-in, we were told that this was the nicest accomadation in OYC...and we agree! 322 OYC is a lakefront home that has the largest floorplan and the most beautiful decor of any comparable unit. We enjoyed sunrises and sunsets from the huge rooftop deck. We were able to rent a golf cart for the week for trips through the neighborhood and to the beach. We look forward to returning this fall for another visit.

Hotel and Conference Center

After reading the reviews i wasn't sure what to expect when i got there, and i told myself i'd write a honest review for people, since i got such a mixed bag of stuff from the previous reviews. Here goes.... Stayed at the resort and conference center, about $110 a night during the end of june. Overall feeling was not bad, but not great either. Each of their facilities uses its own pool, and this one was under construction all summer, so we had to take a golf cart over to one of the nicer buildings to use the outdoor pools. On the other side of the hotel building we were in was a huge construction project. Room was average, nothing to write home about. The refrigerator door didn't seem to want to stay closed and the power to the microwave didn't work the first day. The bathroom needs a serious upgrade to 2005 standards. The living room and bedroom were okay, the bed comfortable and the air conditioning was great. I guess for the price it wasn't bad, but really nothing over what you could get at a regular chain hotel w/ a nice pool complex. Probably the best part of the facility was the parking slots on the ground floor of the building, i was lucky enough to get one each night, so the car didn't spend the night getting pounded by the rain while we were there. The golf concierge was helpful and got me onto a course within 90 minutes of requesting a tee time. Next time, i either upgrade to the really nice bridgewater complex (2x the current price) or rent out one of the houses that they offer (much more expensive), otherwise its off to a regular chain since all we really used it for was for sleeping and the use of pool facilities.

Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort vs. Litchfield Inn

by TripAdvisor Member KASinRI

There is Litchfield Beach Resort and then there is the sister site Litchfield Inn, less than a mile away. I visited the Litchfield Resort website and purchased a golf package. I believed that my accomadations would be at the Resort.. Instead Litchfield Inn is what I got. If you find the reviews confusing, this could be the reason. The Litchfield Beach Resort property is aesthetically pleasing, the grounds well maintained, new pools, a fitness center and a nice restaurant with a great breakfast buffet and friendly staff. (I cannot comment on the quality of the rooms) On the other hand, Litchfield Inn is in dire need of a face-lift. Although I was disappointed, it was not all bad. I received exactly what the reservationist said, an oceanfront room with screened porch and many amenities: refrigerator, microwave, dining countertop & kitchen sink. The room furnishings were tired and dated, but it was clean and kept clean the entire stay. The grounds at the Inn are fair, the pool is barely adequate, (like getting into a warm bath tub) but all of this can be ignored when you are just steps from the beach. The restaurant at the Inn has a very limited menu, the food was good, the service fair. Basically, I would not expect any pampering from staff at the Litchfield Inn. If you compare Bridgewater (at the resort) with the Litchfield Inn, there is no contest. So you have to decide luxury vs. economy. I'm sure I had extra dollars in my pocket because I stayed at the Inn. But next time, I stay at the Litchfiel Beach Resort.

Bait & Switch

We booked an ocean-front room in March. With the experience of other properties "accidentally" misunderstanding our requests, we called back every few weeks to confirm ocean-front and each time were assured so. Big surprise! We arrive and get checked into a parking-lot view room that is billed as an "ocean-view" room because of the postage stamp swatch of ocean you can see if you crane your neck just the right way. We report the "error" to the manager on duty who proceeds to have an anxiety attack and hangs up on me. We then talk to the "main manager" Jim who proceeds to tell me that he already left me a voice mail message apologizing and explaining. They have no ocean-front rooms anywhere. We got no voice mail message but later in the evening (stranded in our asphalt-facing resort-wannabe condo) we learn that Jim mistakenly left the message for us on another guest's phone. Coincidentally it's another guest that got lied to and switched into sub-standard accommodations as well. This other guest is good enough to contact me and tell me she received the message in error and share her family's story. We luckily were able to move our week-long stay to Kiawah Island on very short notice. We paid more but it was worth it to not be lied to. My first suggestion to the management of this property is to keep better track of who you're lying to and try to avoid the guests' being able to find out that they're not the only ones, otherwise people will figure out that this is your standard business practice which can only be bad for profits!

Litchfield Inn a colossal disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member www_goooh_com

I have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world. I have also stayed in the 24.95/night Super 8's. The room I stayed in at the Litchfield Inn was at the bottom of my long list of experiences. The sliding glass balcony door would not lock (the balcony has public-access stairs to the parking lot). One of the tubs became clogged, and would not drain. The air conditioner is in the master bedroom, and when running, sounded like the roar of an 18-wheeler. The bathroom was a dirty, 1950's style dump with rust, corrosion, evident quasi-repairs, and scum accumulation around the toilet (yes, I was beyond disgusted). The master bedroom curtains would not open, the comforters had tears in the fabric with the filling exposed. The kitchen was no different than the rest of the unit, with a very small refrigerator (think somewhere between a college dorm fridge, and half of a standard residential unit). No dishwasher (except for me). The kitchen was generally underequipped. The entire unit had a moldy smell. There was no TV in the master bedroom, a very small TV in the living area, and an even smaller one in the second bedroom. Another (albeit petty) annoyance -- no Fox News channel (ok, I will concede that as unneccessary). We also were told that this was an oceanfront room. It is not. The ocean is in walking distance, but it is not visible from the room/balcony at any angle. The only positive was the beach, which was clean, accessible, and had chair/umbrella service. I travel nearly every week of the year for work, and we always look for upscale accommodations when planning vacations. I have to say that one would expect inferior quality for a room that costs 24.95/night. But, when that same quality-level costs an additional $200/night (room 246 at the Litchfield Inn was 224/night), we were overwhelmingly disappointed. I have stayed in Paget, Warwick and Bridgewater all in the Litchfield Resort. I have to say that the Litchfield Inn is light years inferior to Bridgewater, which was the worst of the Resort (although, Bridgewater has the best pool). Paget was best, and Warwick a close second. If you are happy paying 224/night for Super 8 quality, then you will be happy at the Litchfield Inn. My recommendation -- go to Hilton Head (our favorite place now) and stay at Sea Pines (my fav) or Palmetto Dunes (my wife's fav). They have many more nearby restaurants than Pawleys Island, accommodations that are wonderful, and are among one of the most beautiful, tranquil environments in all of South Carolina.

Comments