Ramada Inn (123 Mall Street )

123 Mall Street

Whitten Inn
Hotels.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Whitten Inn not Ramada

Would never stay here again! When I found this site with all the negative reviews, I wish I had read them first because everything described here is exactly what happened during my stay. I am also confused by everyone reviewing the Ramada when the hotel at this address is actually called the Whitten Inn. Don't be fooled and think that the reviews on the Ramada are a different place. Apparently it use to be a Ramada but the reviews here are referring to the Whitten Inn. On Saturday night I made the mistake of trying to go down to the lounge area for a drink. The bartender, who I heard was also the owner, was rude and apparently drunk too. I saw her cursing later on at a few hotel guests outside, but not sure what it was all about. The bar was clean and looked like a nice place but they were obviously only catering to their local friends and rude to any "new" guests. I was also looking forward to a nice dinner in the restaurant and was told at the front desk that the chef does a great job but he was bbqing outside on this particular weekend because of some kind of catering function in the restaurant. I'm not sure I understand this, because the function did not look food related but appeared to be more of a club. As the night went on and I saw more and more people filling the restaurant, I realized it was a club. I am confused that the owner of this hotel does nothing about these things that effect his hotel guest. I imagine that the owner must make more money off his functions/ or "club" party type events, than the actual room guests, since I can see by all the reviews that this has been going on for some time now. The hotel also got very loud late at night, which made it difficult to get any sleep. I am not sure if the loudness was coming from the people coming out of the party, or just guests who don't care about how others are trying to rest. Normally, I might peek my head out of the door and ask for quiet, however, these folks looked like you might get shot if you did that...

Unique Quality: The front desk staff was very nice, as were the people cooking food outside. Although it was a bit too cold on this trip, I think the pool looks like a nice place to hang out and enjoy the sun, as long it's not on a Sunday afternoon. They appear to have a very large church group that meets there. The singing was some kind of loud gossple being shouted by a black women with very strong vocal cords. Might be ok for some, but would not be my idea of a relaxing afternoon by the pool or even a walk through the lobby for that matter.

Directions: right of the interstate, called the Whitten Inn, not Ramada