SUPER 8 MOTEL - YEMASSEE

Budget Travel Road Trip

Just OK

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2008

For a cheap sleep, this has everything you need: a bed, a grubby shower and some thin towels.

The motel sits stranded alongside the Interstate next to a couple of petrol stations and a dingy restaurant. Yemassee the town is further down the road but doesn't have much to offer.

Unique Quality: I received a friendly welcome and had an efficient check-in. The room was clean, but shabby with a bathtub and A/C that were worn but in working order.

The electrics were a bit iffy - on climbing into bed, a lamp flickered, so I shut it off lest it start a fire. The loo sometimes struggled to flush. I noticed flood damage to the bottom of the bathroom door. The whole place needs remodelled.

Forget the star system, you can always judge a motel by its loo roll and this one was definitely 1-ply!

We only stopped here on our way between Savannah and Charleston so we could have a look at Beaufort and Hunting Island. We should've stayed in Beaufort.

Directions: On the Yemassee exit of I-95

1 Photo of SUPER 8 MOTEL - YEMASSEE

Yemassee Travel Forum

Need advice about Yemassee, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Yemassee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Yemassee Travel Guide