Custer State Park, 25453 Highway 87, Custer, South Dakota, 57730, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Blue Bell Lodge

Very Poor Service

by eveelynn about Blue Bell Lodge/Cabins

I reserved a cabin with three beds in Feb. for the following October, 2006, (for the annual Buffalo Roundup). I got a call in August from the hotel stating I may lose my reservation for "no show". They booked me for the end of August instead of beginning October. They blamed me for the mistake, even though I specifically asked for reservation during Buffalo Roundup. Because they messed up the reservation, we had to take a much smaller cabin with only ONE bed in it.

The following year, and I made reservations for a week in a cabin with FOUR beds for beginning October during the Buffalo Roundup 2007. Everything seemed to be okay until we arrived at the resort. We were told our cabin had a "plumbing problem" and we could have a cabin with TWO beds instead, "at no extra charge". I told them we needed FOUR beds as originally reserved. I refused to take a smaller cabin AGAIN this year because of their problem. They reluctantly gave us two cabins, but we had to be ready to move at a moment's notice. On day 2 we came back from a day of sight seeing to LOCKED cabins. Our belongings were inside. Luckily, we came back before the lobby of the resort closed. The desk person stated she cut the card keys for one day in case our original cabin was repaired. What if we had not returned until after the lobby closed?

On the next day we were told the original cabin needed so much repair that we could keep the present arrangements. Day 4 we spent the entire day visiting the Badlands and didn't return to the park until after 10pm. The lobby was closed and there were notes on our cabins to go to the lobby before that night. I went to the desk at 8am and I was told that we had to be out of both cabins by 10am because guests with reservations were coming! Supposedly, our original cabin was miraculously repaired. I told them we'd be checking out instead and I'd had enough of this. The desk person gleefully agreed, no apology. I wrote to the people in charge and not even so much as an apology was given, I was ignored. We won't return. It's too bad because the cabins are very nice and the park is wonderful. But the people who work for the resort are terrible.

Going August 27th 2005!

by zilla

"SD page coming soon"

Man you can not find much on this area or any good pictures but I was wrong as I continued to look on this site!

But I plan on giving you both and more.
Doing the Badlands and Wall Drug, Custer State Park and review of Blue Bell Lodge, of course Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse, the Mamoth site and Hot Springs, The Black Hills and Deadwood and a hop over to Devils Tower in Wyoming.

Comments