10169 Roughlock Falls Road, Lead, South Dakota, 57783, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• Thank you for ruining my daughter's day

Let me just say how disappointed my Husband and I were with the level of Customer Service extended to us by the Management for our Daughter Vivian Shepherd’s Wedding. Having booked our event 8 months in advance, and as you required a copy of the wedding invitation along with your rather detailed questionnaire, you should have realized that as the wedding started at 2 pm you could have been better prepared. Our inability to check into any rooms in order to dress and prepare ourselves was ludicrous. And Linda Ahler’s rather snarky demeanor regarding our frustration was unacceptable. The Bride, maid of Honor, flower girl, ring bearer were all forced to prepare in the one double room that had been slept in the night before, beds unmade, an inadequate amount of clean towels, and very little lighting. 5 people, plus those helping them with hair and makeup, one bathroom, one sink, one chair. I myself, The Mother of the Bride, readied myself in the public bathroom. Not once did any staff member apologize, or offer us so much as a pitcher of water while we were crammed into that tiny, overheated room. Not once….When I asked a young woman at the front desk about noon if any rooms were available yet I was told in a very harsh tone of voice “this is why we tell people to book rooms for the night before”. I was appalled as A) we were never told that, and B) that seems like such a cheesy way to milk additional bookings as we had already booked several rooms for the wedding night. I hope, if any of you ever have a Daughter get married that she receives much better treatment than our Daughter did. You should be ashamed of yourselves…..As local residents, rest assured we will not be recommending the Lodge to anyone in the future. Sincerely, Lori Self

More about Spearfish Canyon Lodge

Spearfish Canyon in Spearfish,...

by hansash

Spearfish Canyon in Spearfish, South Daykota. Bring a water purification system and spend as long as you can while heading to Rapid City,to see the sites in and around there! It's about 70 miles outside Rapid city so ya might want to park and hike for a day or two before heading to the cities to see the points of interest such as;Mt.Rushmore,The Crazy Horse Monument and Custer National Park.

Gold Town HotelGold Town Hotel

Gold Town HotelGold Town Hotel

Black Hills National Forest.Black Hills National Forest.

Open Cot- Surface mineOpen Cot- Surface mine

Travel Tips for Lead

Black Hills National Forest

by BLSM

The road from Sturgis to Deadwood and Lead goes through the Black Hills National Forest. It is miles and miles of evergreen trees, with a few othe trees throw in here and there for color. This was taken where the road was cut out of the side of the mountain.

Lead " your best bet outside of Deadwood"

by studiomajik

"Quaint Little Hotel"

When we visit Lead, we stay at the Gold Town Hotel. Its a very quiet place with 15 rooms right on Main Street. The rooms are spacious, well decorated, and very affordable. I travel quite a bit on business, and have stayed in hotels at twice the price that were not half as nice. The location was perfect. Right in the middle of all the attractions and minutes from Deadwood where they have 80+ casino's and plenty of restaraunts from fast food to fine dining. Our choice from now on when we visit the Black Hills.

Lead SD-Former Home of Homestake Gold Mine

by BLSM

The town of Lead is perched on the side of several hills. Every thing is up and down. It was a booming town until the Homestake mine closed in 2002. The mine is in the middle of town. It is still under discussion on what to do with the big hole in the ground. Several are trying to have it made a federal experimental labratory beacause it is temperature controled and under ground. Federal law says they have to fill it in if another use is not found. It has turned into a government thing.

Comments