Buffalo Chip Campground

kimod74's Profile Photo

Campground from Hell!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2005

Where do I start? We decided to camp at Sturgis because we had no other choice. All of the hotels are booked up WAY in advance & they give preference (which I think is bull) to guests who have stayed the year before. So YOU CAN NEVER GET A ROOM! It's totally ridiculous. Anyways the Buffalo Chip was one big dirt campground, with very few trees. All the tree areas were already taken by other campers. No shade, hot as hell, not much to do during the day. Expensive. Free showers are always packed & you have to wait in line forever. I actually went up to the pay showers, I paid $10 and took a very very long hot shower. After two days in the dust and motorcycle riding, and sweating from the heat god I needed a shower and it was worth every damn penny! Toilets (outhouses) are totally totally disgusting! So many people using them, drunk people, don't even want to talk about it so gross!

Unique Quality: Great stage where they played music at night. Outside bars, one big party! Loud, could never get any sleep!

Nearby Buffalo Chip Campground

Buffalo Chip Campground

• Buffalo Chip Campground Hotel Sturgis

Address: 20622 131st Avenue, Sturgis, South Dakota, 57785, United States

4 Photos of Buffalo Chip Campground

Sturgis Travel Forum

Need advice about Sturgis, South Dakota? Visit the Travel Forum for Sturgis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sturgis hotel reviews