Holiday Inn Express And Suites Lookout Mountain

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Express And Suites Lookout Mountain

Stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Hixon Pike!

by TripAdvisor Member skyyblue65

Our first stay at this hotel was in 2003. A very friendly staff welcomed us, the room was clean, and we had a good nights sleep. So we decided this should be the place to stay again on our way through to our vacation destination. When we first entered the room....just like some of the other reviews...we were greeted by a horrible musty odor! We immediately went downstairs to report it. The lady at the front desk said she would come up and spray the room with deodorizer and that we should wait a little while to see if that would help. It didn't. Again, we went back and told her. She apologized for the inconvenience and tried to find our group another room in the hotel...to no avail. So she then began calling the other Holiday Inn's in Chattanooga and finally found a room for us at the Holiday Inn Express on Hixson Pike. It was about a 15-minute drive away, but well worth it!!! It had just opened a few months earlier, so it was very clean. The staff there was also very helpful to any need that we had. It was convenient to much more shopping and dining than the H I Express Lookout Mtn. My advice: See Lookout Mountain, but don't stay there.

Just keep driving

by TripAdvisor Member davenportdesigns

Because the AC unit drips water year round, the carpet stays damp - no, actually wet - year round giving the room an overwhelming stink of mold and mildew. I mean, when you open the door it hits you like stepping into a steam room.

A roach dropped on my wife while we were reading in bed. It escaped before we could track it down so it's still there for the next guest.

There was a large hair stuck to the wall beside the bed. How that happens I can't imagine.

This is the highest rated hotel at this exit. Keep driving.

I really enjoyed my stay!

by TripAdvisor Member maryj136

We just returned from a two day stay here. Very nice staff..very clean room cookies in lobby as we entered. I can't say a word bad about this hotel. very close to attractions and dining really safe area seemed like anyway people biking and jogging.also hotel fully booked so must not be the only one with a good opinion about it. also nice clean pool indoor.

Perfect Location for Rock City - clean!

by TripAdvisor Member BGuidry

This hotel is very new and well kept. It was in a great location for visiting Lookout Mountain. It is also right off of the interestate and easy to access. My wife felt very safe, and it seems like a good safe area of town. Well lit parking and friendly staff. The breakfast wasn't too shabby either. (for a continental breakfast) I would stay here again if I were traveling to Chattanooga.

Wow!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BRADLEYDADUNO

Great Place!!! Rooms and service were outstanding. My best experience was with the General Manager, I think his name is Chris. We had a problem with something in our room and with one call to the desk, Chris personally came to our room to ask about the stay and to fix the problem (within 5 min). In a world full of hotels and staff that do not give a rip about your stay, this hotel in a breath of fresh air. Also, ChattaVegas is a great place to visit!!

High Side of Average

by TripAdvisor Member klhenry97

We stayed at this hotel two nights in late September 2007. The overall experience was on the high side of average. We didn't have too much contact with the employees outside of check-in and check-out, meaning we had no problems to report.
The positives:
- the air conditioner worked quite well. (Record high in Chattanooga on September 24)
- the hotel was quiet after about 10:00 on a Sunday and Monday
- right across the street from a Taco Bell and a Cracker Barrel (mmm Cracker Barrel...)
- the pool was clean and refreshing
- the continental breakfast offering was decent and the food was tasty
- the room was clean and in order upon arrival, as well as our return after morning activities on day two.
Here are the negatives:
- The parking lot had many rivulets of water running across it, my guess is it was condensate from the room air conditioners. This is not normally anything to mark as a negative, until your son dumps a box full of toys (including stuffed animals) on the parking lot.
- The air in the room had a slight tinge of mold smell in it.
- The bathroom could have used a few extra spritzes of Tilex. Black mold was visible around the base of the toilet as well as the shower spigot.
- A bag of trash picked up by the room cleaning crew lay at the elevator door from 5:00 pm until 7:15 pm. By 9:30 it had been moved over by a trash can. I'm guessing a guest moved it, because an employee would have probably just made it disappear.
- The furniture in the pool room had black mold evident at the base, where it came in contact with water splashed out of the pool. (I don't like the stuff, so it gets mentioned by me)

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member strangerandexile

Some friends and I decided to go spend the weekend in Chattanooga and booked here. It was a very pleasant stay. The price is not bad (of course we had it split between three people). The room we received was very clean and cool. The air conditioner worked very well (maybe a little too well!). An Atlanta Journal and Constitution is provided outside the room every morning, and for a hotel type complementary breakfast, I have to say it was one of the best I have had by far! The staff was friendly, although don't expect too much. I would definitely stay here if you are just looking for a place to come back to after a long day of sight seeing. Would definitely stay again.

Horrible Experience

by TripAdvisor Member TNfamily5

A group of dancers attending the Tennessee Association of Dance conference in Chattanooga stayed at this facility for two nights in October. Reservations were made approximately one month in advance to accomodate dancers and chaperones - approximately four rooms together.

Calls were placed on the way down to confirm rooms were together since
there were teenage girls in addition to chaperones. Non-smoking rooms that were together were confirmed. When they arrived, they were told no such accomodations could be made. They could manage four smoking rooms and change out rooms the next day.

The next morning the girls needed to be at the conference early. They
were told by employees to place their belongings in a secured area. They asked several times if belongings should be returned to their cars and were assured that belongings would be safe.

When they returned from the conference late that afternoon, two I-Pods, two digital cameras and a designer purse were stolen from their
"secure" area. Hotel refused to call police and a parent had to contact police from home in Franklin, Tennessee - two hours away.
Night management refused to contact general manager.

In a nutshell nothing has been done by hotel in the weeks following this incident. Employees were rude and uncooperative, and the general manager has been difficult to even contact.

All of this could have been avoided if the proper rooms that had been reserved a month earlier had been provided the night that the girls arrived.

We would never recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

surprising chattanooga

by TripAdvisor Member brittGlendora_Ca

stayed at the holiday inn express near lookout mountain. great location, minutes from everything, including downtown. it was nicer than we expected .we enjoyed lookout mountain, ruby caves, rock city, and downtown. some very sophisticated restaurants and everyone is very, very friendly. we ate at a restaurant up on lookout mountian by the post office which was good. the prices everywhere are excellent. we would go there again. also, the time of year we were in the n.c./tenn area nov 7-17 was a great time because of the fall folliage, which matched new england and was cheaper.

Very Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member TrippyRN

We were very impressed during our stay. Excellent price for the combo of location, breakfast, cleanliness and amenities. Definitely made us rethink "chain hotels".

Comments