StoneFort Inn

Stone Fort inn
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

• doug48's Profile Photo

elegant atmosphere

the stone fort inn is a elegant "bed & breakfast" type of inn. the stone fort inn is a nice change of pace from the usual chain hotel. the rooms are nicely appointed with period antiques. a great place for a romantic getaway when in chattanooga. a former girlfriend and i stayed here last year and she loved it.

Directions: downtown.

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Elegant European Bed and Breakfast

Unique Quality: The StoneFort Inn is a beautifully restored 16-room Inn with meeting rooms, a library, upscale dining restaurant, and high-speed internet connections. Located on 10th Street in the heart of the city's central business district, the StoneFort Inn is in the middle of everything. The interior decorating is an old-world style that is very unique and uncommon in America. The atmosphere is phenomenal. Anyone interested should check out the website to get an idea of how wonderful this place is.

More about StoneFort Inn

Love the StoneFort Inn - Lots of Character & Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member kikiroo

The StoneFort Inn is great. It's located right in downtown Chattanooga, just a quick walk away from the tourist and business areas. Although it's downtown, the area was very quiet, hence a really good night's sleep.

Check-in was a breeze, and Joy was soooo friendly and helpful. Thank you!

The common areas are lovely. There is a library room full of books and places to sit, a room with a pool table, and the breakfast room, of course.

Our room was great. It was decorated mostly in antiques and had a gas fireplace. We also had a balcony with a bistro table and chairs, which would have been a great place to read or have a drink had we had the opportunity to during our visit. And it was spotless. The linens are high quality, with down pillows and crisp cotton sheets. The bed was super comforable.

Bathroom was done in sort of a retro vintage style, with hex tiles on the floor and subway tiles on the walls. There was also a huge jacuzzi tub. I thought the whole bathroom was incredibly charming and immaculatately clean. Aveda products were supplied and the towels were of a good quality - nice and fluffy and soft.

Breakfast was good. It was a continental breakfast. Some people might like more, but I thought there was a good variety of foods, including scones, fruit salad, danish, cinnamon rolls, cereals and juices. I'm not a big breakfast person so it was perfect for me.

Additional touches that made the stay special: cookies placed for our indulgence on each floor of the inn and wrapped in a little plastic bag and tied with ribbons; complimentary Pellegrino water in the rooms; the night manager's willingness to help us find a great dinner spot and a running path for the next morning; and lots more!

I probably won't be going to Chattanooga any time soon, but if I ever do again, I'm staying at the StoneFort Inn.

Charming, Luxurious, European style Hotel in Chattanooga,TN

by TripAdvisor Member winepedlar

This totally refurbished hotel originally built in 1909, offers luxurious accomodations in downtown Chattanooga. The rooms have private bathrooms with jacuzzis. My room had a jacucci on the balcony. What a nice touch! The bed had a pillow top mattress with great sheets and covers, certainly a great plus compared to regular hotel sheets and polyester covers.

The owners, Sydney Slome and Edie McGee made us feel welcome upon our arrival and it really felt like a home away from home. Chef / Owner Sydney prepared a tasty kisch for breakfast which also included fresh fruit, organic cereals, juice, croissants,muffins and coffee and tea.

All in all, a wonderful stay. Would highly recommend a visit, not only to Chattanooga, but certainly to the Stone Fort Inn.

Perfect Romantic Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member kmk3400

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful romantic weekend getaway at the Stone Fort Inn. The staff were wonderful from beginning to end. Upon arriving, they took us on a tour of the B&B giving us the complete history of it and of the area. Our room was amazing. Extremely clean and comfortable. Plenty of room to relax and fall in love again. They have free videos that you can watch in your own room or hundreds of books in their library for your perusing. There is a free shuttle that will take you to and from the Aquarium/Chattanooga river. It leaves from a stop only one block away every 5 minutes. We enjoyed the Murder Mystery dinner theater down town. The food was good, the acting was so-so but very entertaining. There is a bridge that crosses over the Chattanooga river that is perfect for walking and biking and is right next to the Aquarium. After a long day of walking around, the jet tub in our room was a perfect finish. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a B&B. It included fresh fruit, scones, egg casserole, sausage, bacon, cowboy eggs(tortilla with egg and salsa on top), freshly squeezed orange juice, and coffee. Amazing from start to finish.

Stonefort was a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member OhioPotter

The Stonefort Inn was a lovely historical hotel with large well decorated bedrooms including a sitting area. Their location was great as we were there during the Bessie Smith Jazz Benefit Festival held on Martin Luther King Blvd., about 2 blocks away. We had great music, entertainment and food. Because the festival had closed down many streets, parking was at a premium. The usual free parking lot was filled and Edie from the hotel constantly ran out to put money in the meters for our only available parking. Another day this would not have been a problem but the hotel's willingness to accommodate us was very gratifying. Thanks Edie!

After the festival we returned to the hotel and enjoyed shooting pool in their billiard parlor.

They had a wonderful buffet breakfast the next morning including all the usuals, even HOT croissants. Service was friendly and cheerful.

If you're tired of modern chain hotels with their bland personalities, I would highly recommend the Stonefort Inn. It still has the charm and personality of an old world hotel.

Stonefort - room good, noise bad

by TripAdvisor Member GRGT96

We spent the night in a Queen Balcony Room. The room was very nice. It was very spacious, had a nice fire place and sitting area and the bed was great. The bathroom was large and highlighted by the very nice jacuzzi tub. The room was above average in my opinion.

The downtown location is great. You are walking distance from things you would want to see downtown, and you can even walk to the river front (~10 blocks) if you have time.

Breakfast was tasty, but we only had one entree to choose from to go with the bacon, bread, cereal and fruit. I would rate breakfast about average from our experiences with B&Bs.

My big complaint is due to our room being on the second floor underneath another room or two upstairs. The inn is very old, so you would expect the floors and stairs to creak (they certainly do!), but the guests upstairs were up pacing back and forth and all around their room ALL night long. I was awake from 1:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. listening to their foot falls. I can handle the floors creaking during normal hours, but I did want to get at least a little sleep at some point. I realize this isn't the fault of the inn necessarily, but that is what happened regardless. Stay on the third floor if you want to sleep!

For the price we paid, I would probably choose to stay somewhere else for my next Chattanooga trip. I love this city and will be back, but I need to know that I will get a great breakfast, good night's sleep and value for my money.

Pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member ashmc

My husband and I stayed at this B&B for two nights. It had a great deal of character and it was better than your average hotel room. However, the floor in our room was so slanted that the bed tilted to one side. This prevented us from sleeping well at night. The linens were very nice, though. The tub was GREAT! We have a garden tub at home, but this one was far superior. It contoured to your back and was so comfortable. Breakfast did not impress, or even please, either of us. I think they were going for gourmet, but it was odd and not warm. We are generally open to different foods, but would have preferred a standard eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. to this breakfast any day. The Stonefort was enjoyable and the people were extremely nice, but I do not know that we would stay again.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member TheHobbs

FANTASTIC! Beautifully decorated, comfortable bed, super clean and worth every penny. The gourmet breakfast was superb. The only negative comment we have is the cramped parking area. Other than that -- loved everything about it.

Great place to stay for a 'Babymoon'

by TripAdvisor Member M0XIE

My wife and I are pregnant with our first (a baby girl due in October) and we decided to take a trip before our daughter is born. We stayed at StoneFort during Memorial Day weekend (5/27). It was a beautiful hotel with a fantastic atmosphere! The staff is extremely attentive and makes you feel quite welcome. The continental breakfast is not to be missed as there are eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, and more. Complaints we had are the sloping floor and "shady" neighborhood for parking (though we had no problems). We stayed in room 26 and the floor sloped so badly that we both rolled to one side of the bed! Nevertheless, the bed was comfortable and the stay was pleasant.

Comments