3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1201 South Broad Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37402, United States

TheChattanoogan Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Hidden Problems

We will never stay here again! The restaurant is great, but unfortunately the rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves, so there are no left overs to enjoy later. The beds are hard and the air conditioning in our room was difficult to control, so it stayed a little too warm for us. The real problem was the pool/hot tub area. The pool is tiny. The hot tub is nice and warm, but the water will destroy any silver jewelry you may have on. I was wearing a Tiffany bracelet (which I never take off) and was in the hot tub for a few minutes and noticed that my bracelet was ruined when I was in the shower. I made a few phone calls regarding the chemicals in the hot tub (because chlorine does not do this to silver) and finally found out that the hot tub contains an element called bromine that basically eats silver. There is NO sign stating this. I went to the front desk and showed them my bracelet and was told that this had happened before. I suggested they post a sign because had there been a sign, I'd still have my bracelet. I was told a manager would call and work something out, but never did nor were we compensated at all (not even breakfast). Should I wear my jewelry in the water? Probably not. But they know this is a problem and it should be their responsibility to convey this to their guests or compensate them in some manner when they don't and something gets ruined. We will NEVER stay again, not because they didn't replace my bracelet or let us stay at a great discount, but because they did NOTHING and were apathetic about the whole situation. The manager acted like we were lying about the signs. He said there were "temporary" signs and it wasn't his fault if kids tore them down (we stayed all weekend and never saw any signs). He also said that married couples had their wedding bands destoryed because of the bromine. I should point out that there are "permanent" signs regarding the damage that the hot tub chemicals can do to color treated hair, but not jewelry.

Unique Quality: I think the silver destroying bromine in the hot tub is a neat characteristic, especially when it sneaks up on you!

The food really is great and the hotel itself is beautiful.

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Upscale Urban Resort and Spa

Unique Quality: The Chattanoogan is a very large, extensive hotel that has a full-service spa, three restaurants, high-tech meeting space, and a health club, and is located in the heart of downtown's Southside. The few people I know who have stayed here have been very impressed with the quality of service and the luxurious accommodations. This is definitely one of the top hotels in Tennessee, maybe the South, and should not be looked over by anyone willing to pay a little extra for something nice. Along with everything else Chattanooga has to offer, the Chattanoogan is great for a weekend getaway or a special occasion vacation. They have many package deals that include spa services and other amenities, which can be found on their website.

Directions: Corner of 12th and Broad Streets

• anderschwan's Profile Photo

Fancy Schmancy B & B

It really captures the atmosphere of what made this neighborhood great. It is close to downtown, but not within walking distance. Fort Wood is a great historic district close to the University of TN Chattanooga. If you want to spend a few bucks and stay in a really fancy pad, this is it.

• anderschwan's Profile Photo

"Hip" Hotel in the Nooge

The Chattanoogan is a new ultra hip hotel (maybe not as hip as what you'd find in NYC but give us some credit) that is well worth a stay. It is within walking distance of everything downtown, has a spa, pool, great restaurants, coffee shop, high speed internet, web tv - etc. The rooms are nice and clean and well furnished. My company footed the bill so I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Unique Quality: The Foundry Bar has some awesome martinis.

Comments