Fairfield Glade Resort

Blueump's Profile Photo

Fairfield Glade Resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 11, 2007

Fairfield Glade Resort offers hotel accommodations as well as top quality timeshare condo stays. The resort is an RCI Gold Crown rated resort, which it "top of the line"! The resort is spread throughout the entire Fairfield Glade community which is a retirement community in Cumberland County located among the sprawling hills and sparkling lakes. Since the resort is spacious, a car is necessary to enjoy many of the activities of the resort.

My wife and I got a comfortable and private 1 bedroom condo for 7 days. The kitchen comes completely furnished with all the necessities. The room also offered plenty of linens and the king-side bed was so comfortable, we found it necessary to sleep in almost every day. There were 2 TV sets, one in the bedroom, as well as a combo DVD/Video player. Movies are available for rent at the main lodge. There is also internet service available at the lodge.

Unique Quality: The resort offers many tour trips through the Recreation Center, and the concierge, Samantha, leaves messages on your phone on a daily basis, informing you of activities that are planned throughout the day. At first I thought this was going to be irritating, but I actually began looking forward to her energetic announcements! The one thing that did irritate us was the daily calls from the "sales" department wanting us to come down and take their 90 minute "survey" about the resort. They were actually trying to sell timeshares and refused to take "no" for an answer. They even offered us $50 in resort spending money. Finally, I told them I would only come down for $100 and they stopped calling!

The Resort is building a new Recreation Center that should be ready to use by March of 2008. This will house not only the current gymnasium and recreation staff, but also have an indoor pool! Hopefully they can also move the craft center to this new building as well.

Activities that were offered the week we stayed included scrap booking, hikes, glass etching, bracelet making, ice cream socials, hay rides & bonfires, embroidery, lamp shade making, and many other events and crafts. One caution however: my wife and I did very little of the crafts. When we arrived at the craft center, we were informed that there was at minimum charge of at least $4 for each individual using the craft center.

The resort has 2 outdoor pools which do not open until after Memorial Day each year. There is also miniature golf available, boat rentals, bicycle rentals, golf, massage therapy, tours, and even fishing!

Overall, I would rate this resort as excellent. It is so spread out, and peaceful. There were no problems with noise and all the workers were friendly and helpful. It is definitely a place I would return to.

1 Photo of Fairfield Glade Resort

Fairfield Glade Travel Forum

Need advice about Fairfield Glade, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Fairfield Glade and ask our Answer Gurus.

Fairfield Glade Travel Guide