109 Fairfield Blvd, Fairfield Glade, Tennessee, 38558, United States

Good For No Data
  • Blueump's Profile Photo

Fairfield Glade Resort

Fairfield Glade Resort offers hotel accommodations as well as top quality timeshare condo stays. The resort is an RCI Gold Crown rated resort, which it "top of the line"! The resort is spread throughout the entire Fairfield Glade community which is a retirement community in Cumberland County located among the sprawling hills and sparkling lakes. Since the resort is spacious, a car is necessary to enjoy many of the activities of the resort.

My wife and I got a comfortable and private 1 bedroom condo for 7 days. The kitchen comes completely furnished with all the necessities. The room also offered plenty of linens and the king-side bed was so comfortable, we found it necessary to sleep in almost every day. There were 2 TV sets, one in the bedroom, as well as a combo DVD/Video player. Movies are available for rent at the main lodge. There is also internet service available at the lodge.

Unique Quality: The resort offers many tour trips through the Recreation Center, and the concierge, Samantha, leaves messages on your phone on a daily basis, informing you of activities that are planned throughout the day. At first I thought this was going to be irritating, but I actually began looking forward to her energetic announcements! The one thing that did irritate us was the daily calls from the "sales" department wanting us to come down and take their 90 minute "survey" about the resort. They were actually trying to sell timeshares and refused to take "no" for an answer. They even offered us $50 in resort spending money. Finally, I told them I would only come down for $100 and they stopped calling!

The Resort is building a new Recreation Center that should be ready to use by March of 2008. This will house not only the current gymnasium and recreation staff, but also have an indoor pool! Hopefully they can also move the craft center to this new building as well.

Activities that were offered the week we stayed included scrap booking, hikes, glass etching, bracelet making, ice cream socials, hay rides & bonfires, embroidery, lamp shade making, and many other events and crafts. One caution however: my wife and I did very little of the crafts. When we arrived at the craft center, we were informed that there was at minimum charge of at least $4 for each individual using the craft center.

The resort has 2 outdoor pools which do not open until after Memorial Day each year. There is also miniature golf available, boat rentals, bicycle rentals, golf, massage therapy, tours, and even fishing!

Overall, I would rate this resort as excellent. It is so spread out, and peaceful. There were no problems with noise and all the workers were friendly and helpful. It is definitely a place I would return to.

More about Fairfield Glade Resort

Horseback Riding

by Blueump

Wildwood Stables of Fairfield Glade, Tennessee, has just re-opened under new management and I can personally say, they have done a fabulous job!

The crew at Wildwood does an excellent job of making sure everyone is included in the horseback riding no matter what level of prior experience they have. For those just starting out, they offer a 1/2 hour ride for only $20. For the more experienced, they offer a 1 1/2 hour ride for just ten dollars more. They also have pony rides and even an occasional wagon ride for the faint at heart around these beautiful beasts. I can also tell you, that I've been in many a horse barn before, and I have never seen a barn so clean and well maintained!

The ride itself is simply spectacular. Mountain trails take you up and down through budding trees, under roadside bridges, through running creeks and across flower-filled fields. There is no better way to see the beauty of Tennessee!

Great Golfing With Gorgeous Scenery

by deecat

We stayed one week at Fairfield Glades Resort in Crossville, Tennessee as a trade for a Time Share.

Note; it is now called Fairfield Glad Travelodge & Conference Center and its address is Fairfield Glade, Tennessee.

Allan's sister and brother-in-law were with us.
All four of us are golfers so we love to go on golfing vacations together.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse and could golf on any of their courses. If I remember correctly, they had five courses at the time.

We enjoyed the challenges of the hills, small creeks, and sometimes small greens.
It's difficult to concentrate on golf when the scenery is so beautiful, but we managed.

They also have a nice Pro Shop with golf attire that is actually reasonably priced (unheard of
at a golf resort!) You need a set of golf clubs (mine are Calloway), golf shoes that are spikeless, a golf glove, tees, golf balls, a golf hat, and a shirt with a collar, and shorts that are not more than two inches above the knee or golf slacks.

You also need to rent a golf cart.

Fairfield Glade, Tennessee

by Blueump

Fairfield Glade is a "retirement community" that is an outdoor recreational paradise. It encompasses a very scenic 12,700 acres which includes 7 challenging golf courses; 11 sparkling lakes with 2 marinas , a new state of the art Health and Wellness Center, a Community Recreation Center, indoor and outdoor tennis facilities, horseback riding, several playgrounds and picnic areas and so much more.

We are years away from retirement but were personally thrilled with the amount of mature activities available nearby. Located only 1 hour away from Knoxville and the tourist center of Pigeon Forge to the east and 2 hours from Nashville, the Grand Old Opry and that fabulous music to the West, it is definitely a convenient "base" for travel.

Fairfield Glade even has a resort that offers an on-site hotel where you can book overnight accommodations and golf packages. They also offer timeshare Rentals where stays from three nights to a full week are possible. You definitely need to give Fairfield Glade a try!

Allan Golfing at Fairfield Glade ResortAllan Golfing at Fairfield Glade Resort