Best Western Twin Islands

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• beachlvr0810's Profile Photo

Great Memories!!

We had an absolutely great time here!! The staff was very friendly and the only complaint we had was the headboard of our bed was separated by paper thin walls from the headboard of the bed in the next room apparently, because we could hear the guy snoring every night. This hotel is within walking distance of Ripley's Aquarium, all the great shops and the great places to eat.

Unique Quality: Go out the back door of the room and you will find yourself standing in your own little back yard, complete with rock wall and a walkway down to the "creek" running behind the hotel. The first morning I went out there were cute ducks there and I fed them crackers while I drank my coffee. That was a great beginning to a great vacation.

Directions: We drove down I-81 and through Pigeon Forge to get to Gatlinburg. The motel is on your right just after you pass Hard Rock Cafe on the corner at the light.

• DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the July 4th Holiday. The floors were so dirty that I wouldn't allow my two children to get on the floor without their shoes nor would I allow my infant to crawl on the floor.... Absolutely filthy! The bathroom wasn't much better. To make things better...the electric went off twice.

I contacted Days Inn. They gave me a night off the bill.

Do yourself a favor... Stay somewhere else.

Unique Quality: Can't

• great stay

we have been staying at rocky waters for about 4 years at thanksgiving and we love staff friendly helpful . we enjoy walking down the streets to eat and the water from the river at night is so relaxing we will be back in nov. for 6th stay thanks rocky waters
    jay and heather potts
    burnsville ms

• michituckygirl's Profile Photo

Great Luck Booking This Place!

It was a last minute booking one week before Christmas on a Sunday night. All the hotels seemed to advertise the same thing/features which basically was "balcony overlooking river/fireplaces/jacuzzis". This place, however, seemed to have the most reasonable price.

Since this is my first trip to Gatlinburg, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I have stayed at many a motel in my day. The service here was superb. Friendly, helpful staff that were available to answer your questions. The rooms were very clean and, since we had a room with a fireplace, the firewood was at the ready. Matches and starter logs are available in the lobby.

I chose a room on the backside of the river because they were queens, but I think the next time we stay we'll get the doubles on streetside. I say this because the balconies would then face the wooded hillside over the creek instead of the noisy busy street.

All the same, it was a very enjoyable experience. Since it is further from the main attractions than all the others, prepare to drive or put on your walking shoes. We decided to eat at The Peddler on the opposite side of town and were wiped out by the time we got there. That just adds up to needing more exercise on a daily basis. At least the motel doesn't have a crowded street in front of it.

We plan to go back and actually tie the knot and I would be just as happy staying here as I would any cabin offered to me. It really is a comfortable place to stay.

Unique Quality: Comfy beds, mini-fridge, microwave, fireplace, heated pool, riverside private balconies.

Directions: From Pigeon Forge at first caution light on the right across from Hillbilly Golf.

• Outskirts of Town

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Gatlinburg. The staff are nice and accomodating to all guests and the rooms are always clean. I've never had a bad experience staying here. The rooms include a mini-fridge, microwave and a coffee pot. You can request rooms with fireplaces, and every room has a view of the river. I would recommend asking for the street side because the river goes right under your balconies, where if you stay across the street, you have grass before the river. There is also a pool and jacuzzi located on both sides. The hotel is located right as you come into town from Pigeon Forge, so it's not quite as busy as the rest of town. I would recommend anyone stay here.

Unique Quality: Two pools, jacuzzi, honeymoon suites, fireplace in some rooms, rooms on the river.

Directions: As you come in to town from Pigeon Forge, it's the 2nd or 3rd hotel on the right. Located across the street from Hillbilly Golf.

• Great place to stay in Gatlinburg

I stayed at this hotel for one night, and was very pleased. I would recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Gatlinburg. It's within good walking distance to just about everything in Gatlinburg. The service was great, and the room was very clean.

Unique Quality: The service was great, and the free cookies and milk, and free continental breakfast was also a nice touch. The balcony was a very nice place to relax because of the rushing stream directly below, and the beds were very comfortable. Another nice touch was the heated tile floor in the bathroom.

Directions: Located on Rt. 441 between light #2 and #3

More about Best Western Twin Islands

need a special place

by scittlessrt

It is our 4th. anniversary and I am looking for a special place to take my wife something different.
We have been there before, but this time we will not have the kids and are looking for a more adult time in the mountains. Nice dinners and night life. All around good time. A romantic time is what we are looking for.

any help will be welcome.

thanks alot.

Re: need a special place

by flowerschild01

When are you planning on going? My husband and I go every year in the spring. We usually stay at Best Western Twin Islands but this year are staying at Riverhouse at the Park in April. We usually go to the Aquarium because we like fish etc. This year we will skip it ( 14 year anniversary and will not have kids) so relaxing and romance is what we are going for. Plan to go to Laurel Falls, it is about a 3 mile hike but well worth it to see the falls. We havent been on the arts and craft tour yet but are going to do that this time around. Also if you or your wife drink wine, stop in at the smokey mountain winery. Friendly people and they will help you pick something you will like (I really like th blackberry wine). If you have specific questions please feel free to email me and I will try to answer your questions.

Re: Re: need a special place

by scittlessrt

We are leaving on feb. 16. we too are going with out kids this time! the hike sounds great but might still be too cold, but we will definitly visit the winery. my wife loves blackberry wine and is anxious to try theirs. thanks for taking the time to give me some suggestions!

Re: need a special place

by mdewber1

If you are looking for a great Gatlinburg cabin, check out Cabins For You. They have very romantic cabins perfect for your Gatlinburg getaway.

RE: need a special place

by suezqnjohne2

Take a look at apmcabinrentals.com. This is a smaller company but they treat you like family. We stayed at "The Cozy Cabin" and just loved it. It was extremely clean and perfect for a couple. It is located in a great location too. It's right in the middle of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Pigeon Forge has a ton of great restaurants and things to do. Hope this helps.

Comments