2140 Tudor Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States
Tingo.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Buckhorn Inn

Buckhorn Inn exceeded expectations

by TripAdvisor Member fdmelissa

We choose to stay at Buckhorn Inn after reading reviews on Tripadvisor.com and visiting their website [--]. The Inn and gournds are peaceful and beautiful. We stayed in the Bebb House, a seperate home with 2 bedrooms 2 full baths with incredible mountain views. We made reservations for dinner, a set 4 course menu, a lot of food but all delicious.

Gotta love this place

by TripAdvisor Member Annette39

Lee and John run a wonderful get-away at the Buckhorn Inn. Our cabin was wonderful, (esp the jacuzzi), and the hospitality was warm and friendly. You feel like you are a world away from Gatlinburg and its various "ripley's believe it or not" entertainment. you are tucked away in a private part of town, with views of the Smokey Mountains. Fresh home made brownies every day, wonderful breakfasts, and great dinners, made this place the perfect place to eat and sleep. definitely book this place - i cannot fault it.

Sublime Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member siroglethorpe

My husband and I spent two nights at the Buckhorn Inn, and it truly lived up to all we had read about it. We stayed in cottage 2 and found it absolutely charming, and very private. The mountain setting is blissfull and the breakfasts excellent. We ate one dinner there and it did not disappoint. Located on the Arts and Crafts Loop, it satisfied my desire to shop without getting into the Labor Day madness of downtown Gatlinburg. We just wanted a respite from our busy routine, and we found it in the loveliest way at the Buckhorn. If you want to step out of your room and see throngs of tourists and bumper to bumper traffic, stay in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, but if you need somewhere peaceful, serene, and classy, stay here. However, if you wish to venture into town, it is very close. We loved it and hope to go back.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member VAGurl

After looking at reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to choose the Buckhorn Inn for a one-night getaway. It was really great. We stayed in one of the most basic rooms, which was only $130/night (or around there). It was really nice, very clean and I loved the decor. The innkeepers were very friendly. The food was yummy! I can't say enough good things about this place.

We made reservations to have dinner there and it was worth it. I couldn't believe it was only $30/person. The dining room is nice because you get your own table, like a restaurant, instead of one large communal table that some inns or B&Bs have. For breakfast, we had several choices of what to order and they were all excellent.

We stayed here over Christmas break, so there wasn't much outdoor stuff to do, but it looked like it would be a wonderful place to explore during warmer weather. We will definitely go back again.

Perfect mountain relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member comfortabletraveler

We've always loved the Smokey Mtns, but we had to endure Gatlinburg to spent time there. Now we've found the perfect mountain retreat. You can get to the commercial sites in a few minutes if you need to, but when your at the Buckhorn Inn it feels like you are a hundred miles from the chaos and commercialism.
Your day starts with a 5-star breakfast. You may not need lunch, but definitely plan on dinner at the Inn. Each night is a different 4 course meal and being able to bring your own wine makes it a great bargain. We prefer the cottages because of the separate living room and bedroom. It's great if one is an early riser and you don't want to disturb the late sleeper. The screened porchs are perfect in warm weather for enjoying the sereen setting and views. A beverage, a book, singing birds, and a spectacular view of the mountains. It doesn't get any more relaxing.You can get to several nice hiking areas without having to go through the crowds and you are close to numerous craft and art shops if you stay several days and want to wander.

Great Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Luhrs02

Such a perfect place to relax... This was our third trip to the Buckhorn, and our first stay in a cottage. I prefer the premier room for that "four star feel", but the cottage was much cozier and more private. The food (both breakfast and dinnfer) was fantastic, and we'd recommend the Buckhorn for anyone.

Fabulous! One of the most lovely places we have stayed in years.

by TripAdvisor Member Boston1019

This is one of the most charming inns we have stayed in. The room we were in was small (the smallest in the inn, we were told), but clean and comfortable. The rooms are nicely decorated and the common areas are lovely.

The inn is secluded, away from the honky-tonk of Gatlnburg, but only a few minutes drive from the entrance to the Smokies. The view from the porch is to die for... exactly like the photo on the website. And the grounds are private and gorgeous.

The food is fabulous - we had intended to eat one night in the inn, and one night in Gatlinburg. But the food was so good (and we disliked Gatlinburg so much) that the innkeeper fit us in for dinner the second night. And best of all, the price is great and includes a full, wonderful breakfast (either eggs, or pancakes, and muffins or toast - enough to keep you going most of the day).

Wireless access in the rooms. THis place is a treasure.

A Real Treat

by TripAdvisor Member trientalis

We visited recently with my husband and his parents from Ireland. We greatly appreciated the welcome from the owner, it was nice and made us feel welcomed. We stayed in the tower, and loved it-- it was a great room if you don't mind stairs. Our parents stayed in the the Red Room #4, and it was a lovely room, although it didn't have the mountain view as advertised. It had a very nice sitting area. The BYOB at dinner was nice, food was good, if a bit conservative for our tastes. They were very accomodating with dietary needs, and this is appreciated. The grounds were lovely, and we would certainly come back!

Absolutely peaceful!

by TripAdvisor Member tnhiker1

This place is one of the most relaxing environments I have been in in a long time. The setting is fantastic and has some of the best views of any lodgings in the mountains, and I have stayed in a lot of differnet places in this area. The breakfast is incredible (you won't need any lunch!) and we had dinner there one night out of our two night stay. The food and the service are incomparable. We stayed in one of the cottages and we were very pleased with the choice, rather than the rooms. We will certainly be back to this restful place- you can even do walking meditations in the garden.

Absolutely Wonderful from start to end

by TripAdvisor Member lovemickeymouse

Once again Trip Advisor users were right on target. This place was absolutely wonderful. It was like staying with friends but with hotel amenities. The breakfasts were awesome--try the banana foster french toast or even the blue berry pancakes of which i'm still craving. I know the dinner can sound pricey --$30 a person but i'm telling you, it's worth the treat to yourself. My husband and I are still talking about that delicious dinner. It was one of the best we've ever had an my husband travels the United States a lot on company business and even he said it was one of the best meals he's ever had.
The owners are nice and friendly and never made you feel awkward or watched like a hawk. The grounds are peaceful and the beds comfortable. They even provide robes in the rooms for your comfort. We loved it so much we are already trying to look at our schedules to see when we can return to this charming, restful place. If you're worried about the distance to the downtown Gatlinburg or even the smokey mountains, it took us all of 5 to 7 minutes to get to the strip. It took no time at all because you're not coming in from pigeon forge so you weren't in a bunch of traffic. Getting to the smokey mountains was no problem either.
We loved it and have told everyone we know. Unless we go back to Gatlinburg with a party of people, this will be our place to stay from here on out. No more cabins with all those silly fees or standing in line for 45 minutes waiting on a table at one of the many pancake houses in town.

AJ's thrilled to see a great white head at himAJ's thrilled to see a great white head at him

the borderline between the 2 statesthe borderline between the 2 states

Fountains where horses used to drink water fromFountains where horses used to drink water from

Sammy in the Cataloochee ValleySammy in the Cataloochee Valley

The Edgewater Hotel

Hey Guys,

We're hoping to go to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving this year...has anyone stayed at the Edgewater?? For the rates I got, I'm cautiously optimistic. Either these rates are too good to be true or I've booked at a rough location. Please help!!

Thanks

Re: The Edgewater Hotel

by happymom8285

The Edgewater should be fine. It's middle of the road as far as hotels go. You shouldn't have any problem. It's close to a lot of things and you can walk just about everywhere. I've never stayed at the Edgewater, but have been to Gatlinburg many times. Weather will be chilly and usually rainy, so pack accordingly.
Have a great trip. Gatlinburg is interesting and definitely touristy! Clothes shopping is better done in nearby Pigeon Forge.

Re: The Edgewater Hotel

by gine5932

Amazing. We have reservations at the Edgewater for Thanksgiving also. I have been told that it is pretty good and within walking distance of everything.

I am looking for somewhere to have Thanksgiving dinner. Any recommendations?

Gin

Re: Re: The Edgewater Hotel

Gin,

We've been to Gatlinburg numerous times. Last year for Thanksgiving (we had 12 from my husband's family) we tried to keep our party # in mind so we ate at Duff's in Pigeon Forge. Yes, they seated us easily, however, the food was nothing to write home about. This year, I just have to worry with seating my family and my mom. I'm leaning a little towards Cracker Barrel back in Pigeon Forge. Most of the places in Gatlinburg serve what looks like are fantastic menu's, but the crowds seem a little overwhelming. My family focuses more on being in the mountains than on being in restuarants. My 15 year old son even suggested for Thanksgiving getting turkey subs from Subway.

Have you been to Gatlinburg before? Let me know if I can be of any help!! I trust your trip will be all you expect. Take tons of film. The lights are beautiful at night on the strip.

Virginia

Re: Re: The Edgewater Hotel

by vhasouth

Thanks for your input. After my posting I found why my rate was so inexpensive...I was quoted the rates for the week before Thanksgiving. So I guess I'm getting a pretty good deal.

We've been to Gatlinburg too many times to count, typically stay at Holiday Inn, tried the Ramada, hated it and stayed at McKays. We've walked by Edgewater before, but after my experience last year at the Ramada, I guess I'm gunshy.

Virginia