3710 Weber Rd., Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Deer Ridge Mountain Resort

They say That It's "The Best Views of the Smokies"

by deecat about Deer Ridge Mountain Resort

When we stayed at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort, it was during one of our spring vacations from teaching. However, it was cold, and there was snow! That did not stop us from enjoying our stay.

The resort is located just off the Great Smoky Mountains Parkway. Our stay was in an overnight condominium rental. The resort is really in a quiet area near the community of Cobbly Nob which is about 15 minutes from Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
We stayed in a one bedroom, one bath condo, but they also have one bedroom/one bath with a loft and two bedroom/two bath.

We were going to go golfing at the Bent Creek Golf Course right in the valley below, but the weather was not condusive for golf.

Our place was very nicely furnished and was quite large. The views were, as advertised, spectacular.
It's a great place for family vacations, and all you need is to go to the grocery store and stock up on food and drink because their are fully-equipped kitchens. There is a wonderful indoor pool, a jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room. If you wish, you may play tennis, golf (weather permitting), rent a movie or book from the library and video rental place.

They also have arcade video games. If you have children, it's good to know that there is a half-acre family playground area with a playhouse, swings, basketball court, volleyball, horseshoes, grills, pavilion, and picnic tables.

For a very quiet spot with out-of-this-world views of the Great Smoky Mountains, this place is for you.

WineryWinery

A blue frog!!A blue frog!!

Getting closer to the towerGetting closer to the tower

Biltmore EstateBiltmore Estate

Lodging Choices

by cmcarney

I have been pouring over lodging choices in the Gatlinburg area. We will be traveling there in late March, so we want a nice place in case the weather does not cooperate and we are stuck inside a lot.
We are limited to those with flexible cancellation policies. So far I have found:
Rocky Waters Motor Inn (not quite sure on their policy)
Fairfield Inn (one by the river in Gatlinburg)
Buckhorn Inn
Deer Ridge Mountain Resort
If any one has experience with any of these I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks, Carmen

RE: Lodging Choices

by vhasouth

Carmen,

We always stay at the Edgewater. I'm not sure why they've been receiving negative comments lately. I have just sent (today) my in-laws to GAtlinburg to stay there. Unless they have a negative experience, I'll stand by my reviews. They have covered parking, indoor/outdoor pools, 2 hot tubs. They are located less than 1/2 block off the strip. Check out their website and give them a call. They've always been very understanding with us. www.edgewater-hotel.com

Have a great trip!!
Virginia

RE: Lodging Choices

by shelbyc

I HAVE NOT STAYED IN ANY OF THESE HOTELS PERSONALY. WE HAVE ALWAYS STAYED IN CABINS BEFORE. THEY ARE REALY NICE. BUT BEFORE YOU CHOOSE A LOCATION PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING WEB SITE: WWW.TRIPADVISOR.COM
IT HAS REVIEWS AND INFORMATION FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE STAYED IN ALL OF THE HOTELS. I HAVE FOUND IT HELPFULL IN MY TRAVELS. GOOD LUCK!

Travel Tips for Gatlinburg

rafting down the Pigeon River

by abi_maha

The Pigeon River, located in the heart of the Smoky Mountains, offers breathtaking scenery and heart-stopping thrills! This magnificent river begins in North Carolina and continues through Tennessee. Our trip sure was an adventure, our guide Randy was just recovering from a couple of broken ribs and with his rib tickling humor he guided us thru a 2 hour long rafting experience that was as good as any other we'd been on. We were surprisingly a part of the rescue team as one woman from another raft fell into the rapids, as our raft was the closest to her we had to paddle up to her and pull her in. It was an eventful ride as they let us get into the water, flipped our raft and got us to drift at one of the rapids.

Next to the Aquarium

by grandmaR about No Way Jose's

Conveniently next to the aquarium, fun and cheap. Ordinary Mexican food - I had Chiles Relleno, my SIL had a Taco Burrito (which was huge), my husband had 2 crisp tacos, my daughter had a quesidilla and the grandkids had chicken tenders and a cheese quesidilla sandwich. The soup of the day was Chicken Tortilla, but we didn't sample it. The bill with drinks (including a Corona for my SIL) was $44.61 including tip for the 6 of us for lunch

See the Great Smoky Mountains

by AVG2319

The best "tourist attraction" in Tennesse, in my opinion, the Beautiful Mountains! camping, hiking , picnicking, sightseeing, fishing, horseback riding, nature viewing-The Smokies are beautiful any time of year

Enjoy the park and its beauty

by monica71

We had a really great time walking the park trails and enjoying its beauty. Sammy had a blast on the trails also. We stayed pretty close to the road and to public areas since dogs are not allowed to go deep into the forest. Our walks were so relaxing and refreshing! Too bad we could not stay in the area longer and enjoy the beauty and serenity for at least one more week...

Comments