Elk Springs Resort

1088 Powdermill Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

More about Elk Springs Resort

Absolutely Awesome.

by TripAdvisor Member ltjpayne

Stay here. Seriously. This is by far the nicest place I have ever stayed. The location couldn't be better... you are literally 7 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg (at light #3), 3 minutes from a grocery store and restaraunts, yet in a secluded environment that makes you feel like you are 15 miles back in the woods. At night it was completely quiet & dark, no traffic noise, totally relaxing.

Check-in was crazy easy... they called me on the way and gave me the code to the door at the cabin. There was a packet of info laying on the table. Check-out was just as nice... all you had to do was call and let them know you were leaving. Everyone in the office was helpful & friendly.

The cabin itself (Snuggled Inn) exceeded expectations. Although the pictures on the resort's website don't match it completely, it was even better in person. Everything was new, clean, and built with quality. It was decorated with some awesome Smoky Mountain paintings that I would've killed to take home with me! Kitchen was completely stocked with everything you could possibly need. The stainless steel appliances were awesome. Plenty of towels and extra bed clothes. The washer & dryer was really convienent. Of course there was free Wifi and VOIP phone service. Iron & ironing board in the closet. All the furniture was top of the line... the big leather chairs downstairs and the leather sofa upstairs was the most comfortable furniture I have ever sat on. Had a big (42"?) LCD TV downstairs, another one upstairs, and 2 smaller ones in both bedrooms... all with digital HD cable, and DVD players. The pool table and foosball table got hours of use, and were again, top of the line. The beds had pillowtop mattresses that were incredibly comfortable, and the master bedroom had a fireplace. Lots of closet & storage space. The back deck had 4 rocking chairs and a hot tub... not to mention a great view of the mountains. The propane grill on the front porch was huge (we didn't have to eat out even once during the whole stay).

You can tell that the developers didn't leave anything undone and didn't cut any corners with this place, and that really matters. I'm telling you, you will NOT be disapointed with Elk Springs. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. Everything completely & totally exceeded expectations 110%, and I had high expectations to begin with!

Beautiful Cabin, Extremely Nice People

by TripAdvisor Member Market

We stayed at Elk Springs for 4 days at the end of September 2008. The cabin was spotless, well appointed and exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the "Sweet Dreams" cabin, available for guests with pets. We brought our Golden Retriever along, who was welcomed and had a good time going for walks around the property.

Andy and his wife were gracious and helpful. We had never stayed on the TN side of the Smokey Mountains before.

We went to the area for the mountains and were a little overwhelmed by the commercialism and gaudy attractions in the area. The resort is conveniently located: far enough away from the craziness of Gatlinburg, but close enough to the national park. We were looking for a quiet place to relax and during this time of year, Elk Springs fit the bill.

Smoky Mtn weekend

by TripAdvisor Member flfenicottero

This was everything we'd hoped for in a mountain getaway.
The accomodations are luxurious, yet retain the look/feel of a cabin with the all-wood decor and creative, rustic-style furniture. The location is perfect...distanced from the chaos and tourist-life of the nearby towns, but conveniently close to the national park and all attractions, if desired. The staff is excellent and helpful and available. Couldn't ask for more.

Outstanding!!

by TripAdvisor Member orangepop30

My husband and I stayed in the Secret Garden cabin for a 2 night getaway. We had an amazing time. The cabin was spotless! The bed was so comfortable! It was an outstanding value. These cabins are luxury in secluded wilderness! Just what we wanted!!

Wonderful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member KingBe

The cabin we stayed it looked just like the pictures. The home theater was wonderful. There was plenty of room. It was just located far enough from the hustle and bustle. The cabins are a little close to one another, but you still have your privacy. I highly reccomend staying at Elk Springs Resort

Highly Recommend Elk Springs

by TripAdvisor Member 1mikeGulfBreeze

My family and I stayed in Diamond Mine Cabin and had a fantastic time. The cabin is far enough from town for privacy and peace, yet close enough to town to make a short trip. We have already begun planning our trip this summer and will stay at Elk Springs Resort.

Loved this getaway

by TripAdvisor Member ccedwards12

We stayed in Snuggled Inn for our 10 year anniversary. That is exactly what we were---snuggled inn for 4 days. We loved this place. We were like kids playing xbox. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to get away but still close enough to go into town if desired. We go to this area every year and have stayed in another cabin but this was a new experience for us to stay at Elk Springs & we will be back!!

Beautiful Resort Setting!

by TripAdvisor Member smokymtnsgal

We stayed at this resort at the cabin Chalet Splendor and just fell in love with this setting. Next to the cabin was a perfect place for pets to go and handle their business. Pictures can't describe how beautiful the cabins are!!! The resort is just minutes from the parkway in Gatlinburg. We have found our new place to stay when we visit Gatlinburg at least twice a year! We really like to stay in or close to the arts and crafts area and so very glad we found ya'll. Because it is soo hard to find a nice cabin who allows pet friendly cabins! I really appreciate this! Also the customer service is friendly and will help you when you don't really realize you may need it! I have called other company's and didn't feel like my business was appreciated like this one. Keep up the great work! We will see you in November 2009! Can't wait!

A desired fulfilled

by TripAdvisor Member freudy

We stayed at Elks Springs for our first time in early December. The cabin was very clean and in great shape. The views were beautiful even without the leaves on the trees. Our only advice would be a larger couch on the lower level - it was difficult to fit our family of 4 on a love seat!

If you're going and your unit has an XBOX 360 - make sure you bring batteries for the controllers and your own games.

Romantic Get-a-way

by TripAdvisor Member ac3nortac

My boyfriend and I went to Gatlinburg and stayed in a "Desire Fulfilled" cabin with Elk Springs Resort. It was a beautiful cabin only minutes from Gatlinburg. It was close enough to downtown Gatlinburg to enjoy the activities, yet far enough out of town to have some quiet and privacy! We enjoyed our stay very much. I highly recommend Elk Springs Resort.

Comments