Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg

Tags

Aquarium Family Travel
See Amenities

Not worth the money!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 15, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel for this past weekend. We arrived Friday night and went in the main entrance to check in. The front lobby looked okay but right away I was not feeling very comfortable. We got the map to our room and keys and drove around to the back of the hotel to a very dark parking area which really scared me. As soon as we walked in the back of the hotel I couldn't believe what I was seeing. DIRTY DIRTY floors, wall paper peeling off with mold on them. It smelled HORRIBLE! Well, we walked to our room opened the door and the room was FREEZING! The room was not inviting AT ALL! So we turned some heat on and was looking around the toilet had a black ring in it, tub was dirty, floors looked awful! I looked at my husband and could tell he was thinking the same thing I was. He called the front desk and asked if we could have our money back. She was very nice and said sure come on up. I understand that this is an older hotel but it was just ridiculous! I would not recommend anyone to stay here. We went up the road to a very popular hotel for just $20.00 more and had a very comfortable CLEAN stay!

Not too shabby

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 18, 2008

Okay , if you have never went here before don't listen to most the people on this list. It's actually a very nice, family fun hotel. Most people going to Gatlinburg arent even that worried about there hotel just because the views and many attractions. But if you are then theres soo much to do. If you want to just chill and tan then theres a pool outside, if your skin is to weak for that then there's a pool inside. They have a gameroom, exercise room and two resturants. As far as i know the pizza resturant stays open till atleast 10 . Overall, i WOULD go back again.

Unique Quality: 4 minute walk to the strip.
Pets allowed.
Great pool and hot tub.
Awesome game room.

Darkeyedgirl's Profile Photo

Good location, nice pool area, & affordable!

by written on April 12, 2006

I booked the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort because I wanted a place on Airport Road (the heart of Gatlinburg so to speak), wanted a place great for kids, wanted indoor pools, and well one of the main needs was PRICE.

It was the most affordable place I could find that fit what we wanted. The check-in & check-out process was painless & fast. I requested a non-smoking room and we got it; if you press for this, you won't be stuck in some stinky room. I told the lady we have one child with asthma & one with a heart condition, and 2 adults who don't like stinky stuff. SO we got ourselves a non-smoking room. I have heard on other websites that even if you request a non-smoking room, ya get stuck in a smoking anyway; well if you let them know from the get-go you NEED non-smoking (for health reasons, and no, I didn't lie about the kids), they will accomodate your health needs!

We received vouchers & coupons upon check in, which was nice. $20 of vouchers per DAY for breakfast at Louie's, the on-site restaurant just a short flight down from our room. This proved to be really nice!!! Kids eat free anyway at the Holiday Inn; and the $20 totally covered my fiance and myself for all the grub we consumed in the morning. Really great pancakes (yes I had pancakes again) and even though the waitress was a little poofy-brained, she gave me my OWN CARAFE OF COFFEE so I fell in love with her.

Giving a coffee-addicted woman a whole carafe to herself deserves high praise.

The pool was very clean; the outdoor pool wasn't opened yet but I'm sure it was nice. Anyhoo we stayed in the lobby tower; just above the restaurant & looking down over the indoor pool. The pool itself was nice & warm, towels provided, lots of chairs to sit in.

Unique Quality: We didn't visit Sade & Dora's Lounge; which was onsite & right next to Louie's where we had breakfast in the morning. It looked pretty nice; cocktails, beer, etc. that apparently you are allowed to bring poolside -- I saw several people with beer in cups. Which is cool. Nothing like getting really hammered & going swimming.

The hot tub was nice; it was really hot the first 2 days, then on the 3rd day, became "lukewarm". Never really overcrowded, I mean you have to limit yourself to 15 minutes anyway to avoid passing out. The scenery was pretty nice around the hotel (behind it anyway); the streams, trees, mountains.

Some people might balk at having to walk the distance each morning and then, walk back up the hill. The trolley stops right outside the Holiday Inn; if ya don't feel like walking downtown & back, take the trolley! But for nice, temperate days? Walk. It's a nice distance & you get to shop & talk along the way.

Directions: Look for the Space Needle; make a Left. Go on up & turn right into the Holiday Inn at the big pink sign.

vhasouth's Profile Photo

Have a Holiday @ the Holiday

by written on August 24, 2005

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort on 2 occasions. Both times we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We did find that staying in the Tower was quieter than staying in the Main Building.

There is a fairly long walk to get to the main strip in Gatlinburg or you can wait and take the trolley.

We have had good luck at the motel and would recommend it.

Unique Quality: In the Tower Building there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi. At last check, the sauna was not working.

There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi in the main building. Depending on your rate plan, you may be able to include breakfast with your stay. The breakfast buffet is standard, but good.

The kids love it!

by written on July 27, 2004

The Holiday Inn Sunspree is an older hotel and it shows. The carpet is very seventies. The fixtures and walls show their age, but overall it's a nice place to stay, especially for the kids. It has several buildings; we stayed in the Holidome so my experience is limited to this building.

Our room was on the 4th floor with an interior door overlooking the indoor pool. We had a great view of the entire courtyard area. The room was a bit small but nicely furnished and equipped with a dorm-size refrigerator, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, alarm clock, and cable TV. We had a king-size bed and a sofa sleeper. The room was fairly clean.

We were provided with individual coffee filter packs (regular & decaf) and newspaper daily.

Our refrigerator was more of a freezer than a fridge and there was no adjustment. It froze most everything we put it in. The last morning we were there we opened the fridge to find that a canned drink had frozen and exploded, making a huge mess.

The holidome has no elevator and we were on the 4th floor, but the layout of the building is such that it was only one flight of stairs up to our room if we parked on the north side. The building is built on a hill so parking in back is much lower than parking in the front.

We didn't eat at either of the restaurants in the hotel. Louie's Restaurant advertised adult meals for $9.99. Little Caesar's only had two sizes of pizza available: individual-sized or medium. We started to order Little Caesar's pizza delivered to our room but after staying on the phone on hold for several minutes we hung up and ordered Genos instead.

All the employees were very courteous and helpful.

Unique Quality: The Holidome building includes the lobby, Louie's Restaurant, Little Caesar's Pizza, a small general store, a fitness room and a game room with ping pong tables and air hockey. The open courtyard is 3 stories tall and includes an arcade with several video games and a pool table, an indoor pool, and a hot-tub.

My son loved the indoor pool, game room, and arcade. The hotel was hopping with kids and is very family-friendly.

Directions: a short walk north of the parkway at redlight #8

Nearby Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg

Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg

• Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg Tn
  • Garden Plaza Resort Gatlinburg
  • Garden Plaza Gatlinburg

Address: 520 Historic Nature Trail, (Form. Holiday Inn SunSpree), Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

4 Photos of Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Gatlinburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Gatlinburg, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Gatlinburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Gatlinburg hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Gatlinburg
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!! DON't Leave Electronics in CABIN
Log Cabin Pancake House
Restaurants
Unpleasant experience south of the border!
Restaurants
Hike to Laurel Falls (GSMNP)
Things to Do
Hike the Abrams Falls trail (GSMNP)
Adventure Golf
Ripley Aquarium of the Smokies
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
Climb to Clingman's Dome
Mmm Mmm Good Prime Rib
Hard Rock Cafe
Nightlife
Golfing on a smaller scale
Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ripley's Moving Theater
Ripleys Believe it or Not
Cades Cove
AVOID THE HARD ROCK CAFE
Forbidden Caverns
Things to Do
Don't waste your time in this filthy place!
Restaurants
Beware of cabins of Gatlinburg water shut off
Warnings and Dangers
Watch out for this one!!
BEWARE-Cabinsofgatlinburg.com