Gatlinburg Falls Resort

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Tags

National/State Park Hiking and Walking Family Travel
See Amenities

Too Much Fun Needs Too Many Repairs!

by written on June 19, 2014

No.This place is NOT worth $420/night.

Broken item list:
Both Living room couches are ripped up
Living room chair is ripped up
Refrigerator door is broken;  have to keep food in freeze to keep cold
Bathroom door handle is broken
Gas Fireplace doesn't work
2 ceiling fans are broken
Downstairs dryer no lint trap horrible fire hazard.   Pulled wads of lint including a cigarette button out of it
Upstairs dryer is health hazard; not properly vented to outside.   Hoses are shredded
Toilet paper holder missing from main bath.  Bracket there...but no holder
Bathroom drain is slow
Walls and doors are filthy and banged up

Unique Quality: Nice hot tub; near pool

Directions: 5 min from Gatlinburg Glades Village; Sevierville address but really Gatlinburg.

Poor Customer service

by written on June 9, 2012

Cabin was not where we were told it was and was very poorly marked to get up here. When we had problems with the cabin the manager could have cared less and basically said tough luck deal with it. After staying with them for more than a dozen times they have lost a customer. We will never return.

Not Helpful and Not Cleanly

by written on May 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I were staying in the Mountain Mist Cabin for five nights in late May. Our first night was amazing and the staff was very friendly. However we had some rain starting the second and a major problem began. We began to see millipedes in our downstairs bathroom in the bedroom. There were not just a few but around 20 that we picked up and disposed of down the toilet the first night. They disappeared the next morning and we decided not to worry about it. However that night when we got back to our cabin, we had to pick up even more millipedes. Every time we went to use the restroom we had to pick up around ten every time. Then we began to notice them on the carpet in the bedroom. Then out on the lounge area. When we left the next morning we noticed that they were all over the west wall closest to the bedroom. We called the resort company, Gatlinburg Falls, and they said there was nothing they could do about millipedes because they were very common this time of year. However to me common would mean and few every night, not 20 or 30. They offered to have someone come and vacuum however today when we got back no one had come to clean up and they were even worse. They are all over the downstairs floor. We called the company again to see if we could check out early and they said there was no way to give us our money back. I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold for ten minutes and then hung up on. When I finally spoke to one of the mangers, Jessica, she informed me that they give you a hand out at check-in explaining how common millipedes are at this time of year. I never received this handout. She said they were not harmful and was no help to me at all. They said they could move us to another cabin but they would probably be the same problem. This problem is disgusting and I am not paying over $100 a night to sleep on the couch because the bedroom floor is inhabitable. This is my fourth time staying in Gatlinburg and my third time staying in a cabin. I have never had this problem before and I would not suggest this place to anyone when there are several other nice places to stay.

Maintenance came in while in bed at 10:15 pm

by written on June 23, 2011

We stayed in Lasting Impressions. This was our 2nd trip to GFR and our whole family was excited since this was our "family honeymoon" but ended up being very dissapointed this time. I will say that the view from the cabin was gorgeous! The cable on one of the tv's did not work so we contacted the club house early on Sunday morning and did not hear anything all day. At 10:15 with our 4 kids asleep 2 of which being little girls on the main level the maintenance person opened our cabin door and yelled in multiple times. I was downstairs in the bed with my 3 year old and did not hear anyone knock. We were not very comfortable with the fact that they could just walk in without contacting us first. We did have all the lights out as well. After 5 minutes the guy said he could not fix it and would be back out on Monday and we never seen or heard from anyone for that issue and the cable was never fixed. The internet did not work either. The next night we had to throw food away because of ants in the cabinets had gotten into the food. On our last night my husband of 1 month and I had a romantic evening planned after our kids went to bed. Then a huge storm rolled in and so did the rain right into the cabin. There are 3 big bay windows looking out at the mountains and all 3 windows had rain pouring in at the top sills. We called the customer service number and no one ever called back or showed up. So instead of a romantic evening we were cleaning up rain that had came in and soaked the floor. There was also rain coming in on the counter in the kitchen from an electrical socket. We finally talked to a manager the next day and get a small percentage off of a future stay there and since we don't plan on going back for another 4-5 years that is not fair considering all the problems that we had with this stay. You pay more money for quality cabins which I have no problem with but we did not receive a quality cabin. This cabin is not worth the price that we paid to stay there. I have already turned other people away from booking at GFR because of the problems. Considering they are offering 50% at the time of our stay they should be able to refund the discount on our current stay and try to ensure that we will stay with them in the future because we want to and not because we have to in order to get the discount. It's called customer service people!!!

LHornick Jul 31, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Save yourself the headache and DO NOT STAY HERE. Anyone with a positive review was either really lucky with the cabin they received or would've had a good time no matter where they went. We stayed in the Up & Away cabin for 5 days in July 2014. The problem started on the second day when we discovered thousands of centipedes in the downstairs game room, bedroom and bathroom. This is not an exaggeration - they were crawling all over the carpet, walls, etc. You could not step anywhere without stepping on them. We called and/or visited the resort office no less than a dozen times to report the problem, and each time we were promised that an exterminator would be there within the hour & that we were the first priority. No one ever showed up. Not the entire time. My husband ended up purchasing bug sprays & treating the interior and exterior of the cabin himself, even spraying inside the crawl space under the cabin. He worked on it for 2 hours, while I was inside vacuuming up those little buggers for forever. This is how we spent part of our VACATION. And our kids refused to go down to the game room, which is one of the reasons we rented this particular cabin to begin with. It was disgusting. Because the fenced back yard (if you can call it that) was nothing but a steep slope, my husband slipped & fell while spraying and fractured his ankle in two places (we are filing a claim that will likely go nowhere). The staff and especially the management didn't care AT ALL. We asked to be reimbursed for every night that they ignored our request (we didn't ask for the full amount), and they wouldn't even offer 50% of the remaining balance. There were no apologies, just total rudeness and indifference. I have never experienced such a lack of customer service in my whole life. AVOID THE GATLINBURG FALLS RESORT & ALL ASSOCIATED PROPERTIES!!!!

TailerMade Mar 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

GOT streptococcus from their HOT TUB! Gross dirty place will NEVER return! GROSS GROSS GROSS

Nearby Gatlinburg Falls Resort

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Gatlinburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Gatlinburg, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Gatlinburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Gatlinburg hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Gatlinburg
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!! DON't Leave Electronics in CABIN
Log Cabin Pancake House
Restaurants
Unpleasant experience south of the border!
Restaurants
Hike to Laurel Falls (GSMNP)
Things to Do
Hike the Abrams Falls trail (GSMNP)
Adventure Golf
Ripley Aquarium of the Smokies
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
Climb to Clingman's Dome
Mmm Mmm Good Prime Rib
Hard Rock Cafe
Nightlife
Golfing on a smaller scale
Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ripley's Moving Theater
Ripleys Believe it or Not
Cades Cove
AVOID THE HARD ROCK CAFE
Forbidden Caverns
Things to Do
Don't waste your time in this filthy place!
Restaurants
Beware of cabins of Gatlinburg water shut off
Warnings and Dangers
Watch out for this one!!
BEWARE-Cabinsofgatlinburg.com