Gatlinburg Falls Resort

Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Satisfaction Average

• Poor Customer service

Cabin was not where we were told it was and was very poorly marked to get up here. When we had problems with the cabin the manager could have cared less and basically said tough luck deal with it. After staying with them for more than a dozen times they have lost a customer. We will never return.

• Not Helpful and Not Cleanly

My boyfriend and I were staying in the Mountain Mist Cabin for five nights in late May. Our first night was amazing and the staff was very friendly. However we had some rain starting the second and a major problem began. We began to see millipedes in our downstairs bathroom in the bedroom. There were not just a few but around 20 that we picked up and disposed of down the toilet the first night. They disappeared the next morning and we decided not to worry about it. However that night when we got back to our cabin, we had to pick up even more millipedes. Every time we went to use the restroom we had to pick up around ten every time. Then we began to notice them on the carpet in the bedroom. Then out on the lounge area. When we left the next morning we noticed that they were all over the west wall closest to the bedroom. We called the resort company, Gatlinburg Falls, and they said there was nothing they could do about millipedes because they were very common this time of year. However to me common would mean and few every night, not 20 or 30. They offered to have someone come and vacuum however today when we got back no one had come to clean up and they were even worse. They are all over the downstairs floor. We called the company again to see if we could check out early and they said there was no way to give us our money back. I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold for ten minutes and then hung up on. When I finally spoke to one of the mangers, Jessica, she informed me that they give you a hand out at check-in explaining how common millipedes are at this time of year. I never received this handout. She said they were not harmful and was no help to me at all. They said they could move us to another cabin but they would probably be the same problem. This problem is disgusting and I am not paying over $100 a night to sleep on the couch because the bedroom floor is inhabitable. This is my fourth time staying in Gatlinburg and my third time staying in a cabin. I have never had this problem before and I would not suggest this place to anyone when there are several other nice places to stay.

• Maintenance came in while in bed at 10:15 pm

We stayed in Lasting Impressions. This was our 2nd trip to GFR and our whole family was excited since this was our "family honeymoon" but ended up being very dissapointed this time. I will say that the view from the cabin was gorgeous! The cable on one of the tv's did not work so we contacted the club house early on Sunday morning and did not hear anything all day. At 10:15 with our 4 kids asleep 2 of which being little girls on the main level the maintenance person opened our cabin door and yelled in multiple times. I was downstairs in the bed with my 3 year old and did not hear anyone knock. We were not very comfortable with the fact that they could just walk in without contacting us first. We did have all the lights out as well. After 5 minutes the guy said he could not fix it and would be back out on Monday and we never seen or heard from anyone for that issue and the cable was never fixed. The internet did not work either. The next night we had to throw food away because of ants in the cabinets had gotten into the food. On our last night my husband of 1 month and I had a romantic evening planned after our kids went to bed. Then a huge storm rolled in and so did the rain right into the cabin. There are 3 big bay windows looking out at the mountains and all 3 windows had rain pouring in at the top sills. We called the customer service number and no one ever called back or showed up. So instead of a romantic evening we were cleaning up rain that had came in and soaked the floor. There was also rain coming in on the counter in the kitchen from an electrical socket. We finally talked to a manager the next day and get a small percentage off of a future stay there and since we don't plan on going back for another 4-5 years that is not fair considering all the problems that we had with this stay. You pay more money for quality cabins which I have no problem with but we did not receive a quality cabin. This cabin is not worth the price that we paid to stay there. I have already turned other people away from booking at GFR because of the problems. Considering they are offering 50% at the time of our stay they should be able to refund the discount on our current stay and try to ensure that we will stay with them in the future because we want to and not because we have to in order to get the discount. It's called customer service people!!!

More about Gatlinburg Falls Resort

No refund for problems

by TripAdvisor Member SunshinebandFlorida

My family and I recently stayed at Gatinburg Falls Resort. The cabin was just as it is seen on the internet. Very nice! My only problem was at $200 bucks a night, plus $75 cleaning fee and a $50 dollar lodging tax. My grand total for a 2 night stay was $525.00 ,we had no TV's or hot tub.
We called the front office and they claimed they were struck by lightning. Maybe, But the VCR plugged in the same outlet worked.
Anyway for our stay there they did not replace or repair them. The contract I signed when I arrived stated no refunds for monies on household item that did not work. The cabin was very nice. Nice location. My kids found lots to do even without TV's but I was dissapointed for the money. We stayed in Magic Moments.

"Absolutely Beautiful"

by TripAdvisor Member bootsie3

We stayed at the "Parkside" cabin, at Gatlinburg falls at the park. This cabin was beautiful!!!! The actual location of this cabin was wonderful, we were in a cul-de-sac and had the best lot. There was plenty of room in the cabin, 4 bedrooms and 2 sofa beds. All the bedrooms had blankets and sheets. The main complaint about this was they did not put fitted sheets on the bed, so you were constantely pulling and tugging to get them over the mattress pad. Take your own blankets if you plan to sleep on the sleeper sofas. I think there was only one extra blanket. The bed rooms all had fulls baths. The resort claims the have vertical jetted spas, this really isn't so. You get 2 streams of water jetting out, it really wasn't a spa. The cabin comes with a washer/dryer, which was used everyday. It is a new cabin so most everything looks great in it. When we got to the cabin we noticed a new things were broke (door in fridge) no garbage disposal (there is a sticker saying there is one) and the main thing was we were missing our t.v. in the game room area There was a theater down stairs that the kids just loved, but they also liked playing their playstation, which they had to do upstairs for a few days. After calling for about 3 days straight they finally brought us a t.v.. I think our cabin was the only one I seen with a little back yard. It was nice to look out and see the trees and ground. I know most of the other cabins I looked at, just looked out at rooftops and they had no yard. We used the gazebo every night to play cards. We used the fire pit a couple of times, but you can only have a little fire. It was great sitting out on our deck and listen to the storms come in everyday. I would recommend taking a flash light, just in case the power goes out. It went out on us a couple of times, but came back on right away.

We went to the pool one day, which was nice for about 30 minutes. You have to drive back to the resort to use the pool (10 mins or so) it is a great drive all trees.....The kids loved the tunnel on the way back to the cabin. Any way as I was saying the pool was ok for about 30 mins until everyone from the resort decided to join us. I counted 35 people in the pool at one time. People were jumping (shallow pool) and running and throwing children. We got out of there quick....

The major complaint was calling the resort staff when you need something.....They took forever and ever to answer the phones. Be prepared to wait, and wait. Hopefully this improves.

I read some reviews that people couldn't get tickets through the resort, I had no problem with this. I got dollywood, splash country and dixie stampede tickets. Just let them know 5 days in advance. For the most part this was a great place to stay....We will definately stay here again...I hope this review helps some people and make sure you take lots of money, things get expensive.

Our Second Trip

by TripAdvisor Member TNNative_7

My husband and I stayed at Gatlinburg Falls two years ago on an anniversary weekend, and wanted to come back when we could bring the teenagers to let them enjoy the pool table, air hockey and arcade games. It turns out that our church youth group was taking kids to Dollywood, so I chaperoned and my husband met us there after a business trip. When the youth group returned home, we were on our way to GFR to get our cabin. The cabin was much the same layout as our first, but this one had walls built at one end of the deck to provide a little more privacy while in the hot tub or on the swing. The view was great inside and out. I have found that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the feel of the mattress on the king size bed (maybe a pillowtop?) and the feel of their leather sofa. Both just have a luxiourious feel. Being older and having seen the shops at Gatlinburg plenty of times, we are fine just hanging out at the cabin and relaxing. The closeness of the cabins is not really an issue....but the one thing I would suggest the resort do is designate parking spaces for each cabin.....a family that had four cars took up their spaces and OURS after we had been already been there for two days before they checked in.

Great Place for a Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member zippy11762

We stayed at Squirreled Away (a 3 bedroom cabin) for my husband's suprise 40th birthday party. My inlaws stayed at Comfort Zone which was right next door. The cabins were spacious and comfortable. The large dining room table permitted all 16 of us to have dinner together without being cramped. The game room was a definite hit with kids as well as adults. Chasidy, from guest services, was friendly and went out of her way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. She even had a birthday card for my husband from GFR staff. Any questions we had for guest services were answered promptly. I agree with the other reviews that said fitted sheets would have been nice. I also would have liked it if one of the bathrooms had a tub (I knew it didn't when I booked the cabin so it was a choice I made). These are minor complaints when compared with how happy we were with our surroundings. We had an incredible experience one afternoon when a mother bear was napping with her cubs right near our cabin. We are intending to return to GFR and would stay at these cabins again.

Gorgeous Cabin and views

by TripAdvisor Member lga4ever

I found these cabins on the internet when searching for a place for our family reunion. The cabins looked so nice I was sure we had found the perfect cabin. I live 2 1/2 hours from Gatlinburg so my husband and I went to visit one weekend. We stayed at a hotel and went to see Gatlinburg Falls Resort, among others. My first impression was I couldn't believe how close the cabins were to each other. When I finally saw the one I thought I wanted, I immediately changed my mind. It was in the middle of a row of cabins and the view was obstructed by trees. While we were coming back down, we had to stop the car to take in the beautiful views of the mountains (truly magnificent)! That's where we found the perfect cabin: Dreams Come True! It truly is set apart from the other cabins, and the views are gorgeous. I'm glad we went to see for ourselves because we booked that cabin and had a wonderful time. My family couldn't believe how nice the cabin was. They don't know how we are going to top this family reunion! Oh, and the staff was really nice; check in and check out was a breeze.

You Never Need to Leave the Resort

by TripAdvisor Member ProfBlkPrincess

These wonderful cabins are perfect for a romantic or family getaway. With plenty of space to roam in and out of the cabin, you'll love this resort. Our 5 bedroom cabin slept over 12 adults and was fully equipped with a theater, billiards and poker table, video games, and air hockey. Each cabin is different, but all have a jacuzzi which only adds to the fun with the day cools off. Can't wait to go back to this resort again and again.

the absolute best

by TripAdvisor Member RosemountChick

My family and I go to Gatlinburg every year. We have stayed in many different cabin resorts- Gatlinburg Falls definitely beats them all. Their cabins are always clean and beautifully decorated. We usually get one with pinball and pac man arcade games. they also have hot tub, pool table, air hockey, foosball, all in one cabin! (our kids love that!) The views are outstanding. You also get swimming pool access. I would definitely reccomend this place!

Look somewhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member rxhill

This is a fairly new resort area that is doomed for failure if they can't improve. Here are the pros and cons of our visit:
pros: nice location in Gatlinburg
cons:
magement problems - although they indicate check-in is 4 pm, ours was not. They changed their tune to check "begins" at 4 pm when ours was not ready. The fine print does say this rarely can occur, but it seemed the norm for us & several others. They are simply too cheap to hire enough staff to clean the cabins in time.
The most critical part was their unresponsiveness to a potential fire hazard we reported (see below)
property problems - only 4 parking spaces at the pool. The property is all on steep hills, so walking to the pool is not pleasant.

cabin problems - electrical hazard! We had sparks and smoke coming from an outlet. The management didn't respond until 4 hours later and only after I threatened to call the fire department. Two other outlets were hanging out of the wall and were supposed to be fixed. Apparently, they just stuck them in the wall without fixing them as they came right back out. We just left them alone.

Kitchen - small and is poorly equiped.
Showers - the "jetted" showers they advertise are a joke.
Beds - the 2 sleeper sofas are for torturing any unwanted guests you have. The owners should be embarrassed to offer them as beds! So, the place really only sleeps 8. Anyone assigned to the sleeper sofas won't really sleep.

There are so many other cabins in the area, I would go somewhere else unless your really desperate.

We'll definatly be BACK!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsTaylor_61607

We absoultly loved our stay at the Gatlinburg Falls Resort. We had no problems at all. The cabin was very clean and fully stocked with towels, pillows, extra blankets, kitchen ware and appliances. The pictures located on their website were exactly what the cabin looked like. Sure the cabins are kinda close to one another but that didnt seem to bother us at all...If you take a look at other cabin and chalet rentals in the area they are all close together too. We started planning our next vaccation already and we WILL be going back to Gatlinburg Falls Resort!

Skip Gatlinburg Falls Resort

by TripAdvisor Member AndeeDawn

Our family takes a week long vacation once a year. For several years in a row, we have gone to Gatlinburg, TN. Every year, I spend hours upon hours looking for just the right place for us to stay.

This year, I chose the Evening Star cabin at Gatlinburg Falls Resort. The cabin costs a little more than the once we have stayed in the past, but seemed to offer some really nice amenities. In the end, I decided to splurge. Besides, the website made everything look so gorgeous.

We could not have been much more disappointed, especially considering the price that we paid versus the accommodations we have had in the past. Perhaps the house number posted outside, "666" should have told us something.

First of all, the cabins are right on top of each other. Our hot tub overlooked a rather busy street, with no privacy screening. All of the wonderful amenities were run down. For example, all of the pockets in the pool table had holes in them. Every time you would hit a ball into the pocket it was followed by a huge THUMP! The foozeball table did not even include balls so we could not play that. The kids did love the pinball machine and played it for hours on end.

The carpet was frayed and stained. The quilt in the master bedroom smelled like wet dog. And the linens were equal to what I would expect at Motel 6. The sheets were scratchy and they use a flat sheet on the bottom of the mattress. It would not stay tucked in for more than a few hours at a time. There was no mattress pad or anything under the sheet. The towels were small and flimsy.

And then there were the ants. The first night we were there, we saw a few ants. We awoke the next morning to find them EVERYWHERE!! We had to throw away a good deal of food because it was covered in ants. And this food wasn't just sitting out on the counter. An example was a pack of muffins I bought from Sam's. They were individually wrapped and then covered in plastic in a cardboard container. The ants actually got through all of the plastic and were devouring the muffins. We also had to throw away brand new cereal, pop-tarts, coffee, dough nuts, and honey buns. We reported the ants immediately and a exterminator showed up about 10 hours later. He sprayed and we had relief for a few hours. Then the ants moved to the upstairs bathroom. One day later, they were back in the kitchen. So much for all the wonderful meals I had plannedl

The cabins themselves were barely decorated and not a "log cabin" at all. They were little houses with wood siding on them.

The swimming pool was very nice with a waterfall, however not nearly big enough for a resort of this size. We had to go early in the morning, otherwise there was no space in the water or along the pool side.

The rest of our vacation was wonderful. We so love the Smoky Mountains. But, this year, our accommodations were a very big disappointment. I think the owners had a good idea originally, but just have not followed through in keeping things nice. I advise avoiding Gatlinburg Falls Resort at all costs.

• Mar 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

GOT streptococcus from their HOT TUB! Gross dirty place will NEVER return! GROSS GROSS GROSS