504 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• good place great price

Stayed at this hotel last night - booked at short notice got a great price. Ate breakfast in the restaurant this morning and it was delicious. We had a nice room on third floor that overlooked the mountains and outdoor swimming pool. They have a Picnic area near the pool and beside a mountain stream. Very nice. They have an indoor pool too and the kids really seemed to enjoy the waterfall. We would choose this hotel again.

Directions: On Historic Nature Trail - 4-5 minute walk to Parkway and all attractions. Very close to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Decent hotel near convention center

The Glenstone Lodge was a nice 5 story hotel just a couple blocks off the main street and a block down from the convention center. The room was nice and clean with very comfortable beds. The cable is horrible, with only about 20 channels if that. There are two pools and a jacuzzi but they are overridden with children and teenagers during the evening, so dont expect to spend a relaxing night in there. The worst part of the hotel, however, is the shower. Not only was the pressure horrible, but most of the time it would never stay one temperature. The water would go from ice cold to scolding hot in a couple seconds and then back again a few seconds later, and adjusting it doesnt help at all. For this reason alone I would never stay here again.

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet was the only really good part of this hotel. For $5 per person you get all you can eat, and there is a large selection of all the typical breakfast foods. A chef is there to make you a personal omelette or waffles. Drinks arent included in the cost though.

Directions: Down the street that the convention center and space needle are on.

More about Glenstone Lodge

Nice room

by TripAdvisor Member georgiasl

I just returned from a one night stay at the Glenstone Lodge. I got a king room with a fireplace. The hotel is a bit old but it is well maintained. I did not notice any musty odors in my room or in the hallways. The room was clean and cute. The hotel was what I expected for the price.

I will never again stay here!!!!

I will never stay at Glenstone Lodge again. When we got there the outside was nice. Looks sure are deceiving. Our room was gross. There was rust in the refrigerator, mold all over the tub, the room smelled like mildew, the air conditioner was broken, and the carpet was filthy. This was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in. Stayed one night got our money back and went some place else. Best move we made.

A great place to stay!

A perfect place to lay your head down for a good night of sleep, wake up, take a shower and eat the best breakfast buffet in town. My compliments to the omelet chef. This was my second stay w/I a year at Glenstone Lodge and found my home from now on every stay. I read all the reviews at this place and sure these individuals had some bad experiences. Like the hair dryer didn't work or the rooms facing the indoor pool had a little bit of condensation on the windows. Look at what time of the year you were there. Now I travel around 45 weeks out of the year and stay in over 150 different rooms. Sure I run into problems like these unseasoned travelers who stay at hotels maybe 10 nights a year in two different rooms at two different hotels. It was just unlucky and unfortunate these problems happened to them. These things happen to me a dozen times a year. As long as the customer service is willing to help fix my complaints, like Glenstone Lodge Staff did for these unhappy customers, then I'm willing to return for a second stay. After 10 years of traveling, only once has the same complaints happen to me at the same hotel on the second stay! I recommend the Glenstone Lodge to everyone, especially families with children. If you have a bad experience, try it again and I'm sure your stay will be a wonderful experience. See Ya soon Glenstone!!!!!!!

Great job!

by TripAdvisor Member bitshull

I just came from a conference in Gatlinburg and stayed at the Glenstone. This hotel has several very nice points. There is a wonderful breakfast buffet along with a made-to-order omelet chef. Kids love the indoor two-level pool with a slide with the built-in hot pool and the outdoor pool is clean and nice. Everything was very clean--no musty odors in my room or in the hallway. Some rooms have gas fireplaces, and I flipped mine on and it ran all night. The bathroom was fine for one person, but I can see where it could get crowded with two or more. I requested a hair dryer and one was delivered to my room in five minutes. There are only five levels and in addition to the main elevator there are elevators on the north side. If you're on the second floor you can use the curved staircase in the lobby. Request a room on the front with a balcony so you can enjoy the sunshine and watch the other travelers walk by. I give the Glenstone a high mark.

This is the best hotel

I have stayed there quite a few times. I always choose this hotel to come to when I visit Gatlinburg. Me and my husband stayed there on our honeymoon, had the best service, the best room with a lookout fo the city, and very good breakfast. I love the indoor pool, its the best part! They also have a large outdoor pool if you want to lay out. This is by far a very good hotel to stay at!

I want my money back!!!!

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I chose this hotel for it's indoor pool. Upon arriving the room overlooked the indoor pool. The room smelled musty but I overlooked this due to the location of the room. Upon awakening Sunday morning we found the pool to be draining due to a crack that management had known about for some time. The pool was out of commission the rest of our stay. Upon complaining to the front desk they stated they were only allowed to give me 1 buy one get one free breakfast buffet, not very good when there is 4 in our party. We only used one, the food was cold and to expensive for the what they gave you. The front desk also forgot to mention to us that the parking lot was being resurfaced when we went out for the day on Wednesday. And last but not least I was overcharged $10 a day for the room and management has yet to return my phone calls.

satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member hazardsinglemom

I made my reservations at Glenstone before I found this site with reviews. After reading all the reviews, I must say I was extremely nervous about staying here; however, it was too late to cancel without penalty. I am glad now that I wasn't able to cancel. I'm not sure that I stayed in the same place as those who have written the bad reviews on this site. My stay there was great! My family had reserved 2 pool side 1st floor adjoining rooms. The rooms were nice, clean, and well stocked. We had complimentary soaps/shampoos, towels, washcloths, and hand towels. We also had a phone, alarm clock, and iron/ironing board. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The bathrooms are small, but no smaller than any other hotel room we had stayed in before. The outside of the hotel had a very nice appearance and the lobby was also pretty. The indoor pool was really nice-my kids loved it! It was a good sized pool with an upper and lower level, hot tub, kiddie pool and waterfall. The only down side to the pool side rooms were that the employee who cleans the pool does so quite early, well before 8 am. If you are a light sleeper, you may not want to be this close to the pool. I was not bothered, but the other family with us next door was awakened. We did not use the outdoor pool, but it appeared to be clean. I smelled no musty odor anywhere in the hotel. There was no rust in the refrigerator. There was no condensation on the windows. The air conditioner was on low when we arrived, so our rooms were comfortable. I was also worried that my kids would have no programming to watch on the tv. Although they did not have Disney or Nick, they did have Cartoon Network, so that worked out fine. I would not recommend the breakfast buffet. It was not that good for the price. The location of the hotel from the main part of town is not real close, but not too far to walk either. My children are 9 and 11 and did just fine with the walk. I did not find it to be a steep walk up hill either as one review noted. I would recommend this lodge to anyone. Our experience here was overall very nice and I would stay here again.

Highly recommended for fun

This hotel is great. Kids and adults should love it. I do recommend getting a inside room, but not on the top floor (to hot). However, when we complained the management moved us. We have stayed here several times.

Comments