Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium

559 Pkwy., Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

Satisfaction Average

• bigorange1103's Profile Photo

Location, location, location............

Greystone Lodge is located right in the center of "the strip" in Gatlinburg. It is adjacent to the Aquarium and is in walking distance to just about everything!!!! We last visited in April and the price was reasonable. It was on the weekend and was $70 a night. It is nothing fancy but if you are looking for a large and clean room this is for you!!

Unique Quality: Rooms were simple but spacious and all have balconies over the river. It also has a nice pool and good breakfast.

Directions: Next to the Aquarium in Gatlinburg.

More about Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium

Watch your valuables!!!

My friend and I were looking for a nice place to stay for our 2nd trip to Gatlinburg. After looking at reviews on trip advisor, I regretfully chose the Greystone Lodge. First of all, this is the first time I've ever taken the time to make a complaint & 2nd of all, I'm very well traveled. The first problem occurred on our 2nd morning when we were woken up at 830AM by remodeling work in the very next room. At first we weren't going to say anything at all if it didn't last that long, but it continued, and we decided to call. This was very loud banging and thumping that was vibrating the walls that our heads were practically resting on. The front desk seemed less then concerned and had to convince them that banging on the walls, right next door, wasn't appropriate for hotel guests at that hour in the morning. Finally after talking with three different people and being on the phone for 30 minutes we were moved to another room. The second problem is if you are a non smoker. You cant get away from people smoking! I'm not sure if its from other people in other rooms, filtrating in, or from the staff smoking EVERYWHERE...but it comes right in your room. This happened in both rooms we ended up staying in. The smoke was ever present. Third issue: Please watch your stuff you leave in the room. I personally had a necklace taken while we were gone for 2 hours. This necklace wasnt worth much, its just the principle.... It really leaves you feeling bad when you know someone has been in your room and just topped off my disappointment for the Greystone Lodge.

I stayed at the PARK VISTA two years ago & loved it! If I go back, I'll just stay there again. It is a bit more in price but after staying at Greystone it will be well worth it!!!

Loved Our Stay

Two girlfriends and I seached forever for a room in Gatlinburg. We finally found the Greystone! We think we made a good choice! While the room was very basic, it met all of our needs. We were happy to find our room on the first floor and parking right outside our door. The staff was friendly throughout our trip. We were even able to get a fridge (nice and big) from the front desk for a few bucks a night. A couple of nights, when we were returning late, a gentleman that worked the night shift greeted us to make sure that we were able to get into our room. I felt very comfortable and safe while staying at this motel. The continental breakfast was a nice bonus too. I will stay at the Greystone when I return to TN again! For the money you can't beat the facility or the friendly atmosphere!

Reasonable price, average rooms

The location is really great, and so is the price. But be forewarned about free breakfasts, they are muffins, coffee, cold cereals, bagels you toast yourself, fruit, etc. The hotel was quiet when we went, and my only complaint was that the bathrooms seemed old and you didn't feel that the tubs were as clean as you would like. But if you aren't picky like me, this is a good place.

Loved Cottage #500

by TripAdvisor Member bettyed

My husband, me, and my two boys stayed one night at Greystones brand new cottage in December, 2004.
We stayed in cotage #500, it was absolutly beautiful!!!
When we got to the cottage, my two sons didn't want to leave! They really enjoyed playing on the stairs, and having their own room away from home.
When we got there the cottage had a christmas tree with lights lit up, and the place was really clean. It made you forget that you were on vacation, instead it felt like you were at your own home. None of us wanted to leave the next morning. What was really nice was the creek you could hear that was across the street. And me and my husband got to enjoy our vacation by having our own room. The balcony's with the rocking chairs were wonderful. We are going back in June this year and can't wait to get there, we are all very excited about visiting our new found "home away from home." Love Cottage #500 in Greenbrier, TN

Loved the Greystone!!

by TripAdvisor Member bigorange1103

We just got back from our latest trip to the Smokies. We stayed at the Greystone for 2 nights before moving on. It was the first time we stayed there and were pleased! It was nothing fancy but clean!!!! Thats all I look for, a nice and clean room to sleep. The room was bigger than expected and had a nice balcony over the river. The location was the best!! It was right in the center of town. I would definately stay here again!!!!

We Loved It!

We just stayed at the Greystone this last week and it was very nice and extremely clean. They also provided Security in their parking lot to watch the patrons cars and such. The pool was wonderful and so was the continental breakfast....MMMMMM...the biscuits & gravy!!

We are all headed back to stay there again in 3 weeks, we will be coming from NC and rest of the family is coming from Chicago, we all agreed we wanted to stay there again!!

Was wonderful to be walking distance to everything on the main drag and its right across the street from where you catch the Trolly!!

The Sexton's

It was great!

It was awsome to be able to pull into the garage and right up to your room door. No worry of getting wet, did not have to carry luggage, the rooms were clean, and the people were friendly. We stayed for 3 days until we got married and went to our cabin (Alan Mountain Rentals) after we got to the cabin and realized it smelled so bad and we could not stay, we called the Greystone back and asked to spend our honeymoon there. We ended up staying a total of 7 nights and had no complaints.

location,location.location

I stay there in july of 04 it is the best place to say for the price. Location was beautiful it's next to very thing loved it. The breakfast is so good for a free breakfast. The aqurium is not even that far away from the hotel over all it was great. I will be staying the this july 2005.

Loved It!!

We just stayed there the week of Aug 1st. It was centrally located so you could walk or catch the trolley out front. It was very clean and the staff was very nice. The pool was clean and nice. It was right next door to the aquarium which was convenient. We had the river just outside our balcony. It was very peaceful to watch. The room was clean and the bathroom was very clean. I am picky about hotel rooms and this one pasted the test by far. The continental breakfast was nice and had ample seating to eat so you weren't cramped in a little room. We were on the first floor near the pool. Hard Rock cafe is just around the corner for dinner and a mexican restaurant- No way Jose was right next door. Both very good to eat at. It was within 10 min. to Pigeon Forge. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely stay there again when I go back. Great place.

Comments