635 River Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

Rated 18% higher but also costs 78% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

Best Hotel Experience in Gatlinburg

by TripAdvisor Member Palmetto4

Spacious rooms. All rooms have microwaves, refrigerator, and coffee pots. Very clean. Very curtious staff. Wonderful experience. Will definately stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone!

"Nice Overnight Stay in Gatlinburg"

by TripAdvisor Member Lexington_NCAnn

My husband and I decided to go to Gatlinburg for an overnight stay. I booked one night at The Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is very nice and new, which is rare in Gatlinburg. Even though you find some clean hotels, they sometimes lack the modern touch. We booked a king room with a balcony. Upon going into the room, which was nicely decorated,(living room area with work desk, sofa (converts to a bed) 42 in. flat screen tv,
microwave and small refrig., bedroom with jacuzzi, another flat screen tv and large bathroom), my husband immediately noticed no balcony. I immediately notified the front desk. Through some booking mix-up on their end , we were given the wrong room. There were no king balcony rooms left. This was the only dissappointment in our stay here. The front desk staff made ammends by discounting our room cost and giving us free breakfast Sunday morning. We had a very romantic overnight stay. Hotel was in walking distance to all of downtown shopping. Hotel offered 1/2 price off on beer and appetizers from 5 to 7 pm. Entire staff (including housekeeping service to bartender) were nice and accommodating. Breakfast buffet offered a variety of items--eggs cooked as ordered, pancakes, grits, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuits,potatoes, cereal,toast, muffins, fresh fruit, juice and a variety of danishes which were fresh and very good!! (another viewer mention the gel mattress-there is a dial to adjust the bed for support-the only other negative-they need firmer pillows-their's were too soft, We are planning another trip to Gatlinburg in the fall and we will definitely stay here again.

By far the best in Gatlinburg

by TripAdvisor Member snwarf01

I gave this five stars in the sense that it is new and compared to anything else in Gatlinburg, very clean and in great shape! The hotel is just a month or so old and is very, very clean. Our room had a king bed and a fireplace. Note: the fireplace was so new the "burning off" of the newness set off the smoke detector in our room! The front desk staff is very friendly and offered us drinks of our choice due to being out of bottled water. Not sure if that is because of our Hilton Honors status or if everyone gets water there usually. Fire pit and hot tub area looked nice. Toiletries were very nice - even had mouth wash. For those of you who travel a lot, you know what I mean when I say that most places are downsizing big time on the toiletry aspect. Location was just a block off the main strip and walkable from pretty much all of the Gatlinburg sights. We don't "love" Gatlinburg so we probably won't be back, but we did really like this property a lot.

Just Opened June 2009, GREAT Place

by TripAdvisor Member Appleton23

As you would expect from a new hotel, it was clean, very modern, and a great place. This was our first trip to Gatlinburg, and if we ever go again, it will be the place we stay. It is on River Road within walkiing distance to the main drag, restaurants (is this area the pancake house capital of the world or what???). There was a very nice pool, hot tub in an outside courtyard, and a fire pit as well in the same courtyard.

As I am *** about my car, the parking lot was very nice, well lit, and the spots were extra wide. I would definitely recommend it!

Just one odd note about Gatlinburg in general, there are only sidewalks on one side of most streets, and they have no crosswalk signs, so you have to stretch your neck to see if the light is green or red. Very odd indeed.

Make sure they tell you how to adjust the firmness of the bed

by TripAdvisor Member TennesseeGuitarman

The hotel is in a perfect location and is quite clean, but I had a terrible night's sleep due to the hardness of their adjustable beds. Not all of their rooms have balconies and their standard rooms are a little on the small side. Not a bad hotel, but a little pricey for what you get.

First New Hotel In Years

by TripAdvisor Member USAtravelAlabama

This hotel is in a wonderful location and as other reviews have indicated it is brand new. Sadly, most of the hotels in Gatlinburg are in desperate need of updating. We've been coming to Gatlinburg for 28 years and usually stay in a cabin which is more than we need. So when we found out about this new hotel we checked in. Our room was very clean but I am surprised that no one mentioned the filthy elevators. It looks like a leftover from working crews and flooring should be replaced. And our hallway had trash, paper wrappers, tissue, etc and stayed that way during our entire visit. Since the lobby and our room were very clean I can let it pass. Although, while I was waiting to speak to the clerk at the front desk a man was showing him a dirty coffee cup that was left in his room. So this hotel in spite of all the wonderful comments does have some issues. But I think folks are just thankful that Gatlinburg finally has a nice in-town hotel. Hopefully the hotel will resolve the other problems. It's great not to have to find a parking spot.

A Wonderful Addition to a Wonderful Town

by TripAdvisor Member kldt

This hotel was such a welcome change from the older motels that line the Parkway. Everything is new and clean, and the staff is wonderful. The rooms each come with a microwave and fridge and the adjustable beds were sooo comfortable. The walk to the Parkway is a little round-about, but we found a cut through a parking garage which made it much quicker.

Please read full review!

by TripAdvisor Member jillyjak

The hotel was nice, rooms were just normal size. Unfortunately we didn't get a balcony. We did have our hot breakfast included, so the room plus breakfast was $144/night. Not very cheap for the normal size room!
We planned on staying 3 or 4 nights. But by morning we decided to mosey on up to Pigeon Forge since we weren't digging the hotel all that much. They only had an indoor pool. The location was good pretty good though.

When we were leaving in the morning, I stopped to check out and the guy said, oh your fine, all checked out. I said "what" I didn't check out yet (as far as they knew I was staying 3-4 nights) So I asked, could I have a copy of the bill.........He said just a minute as I stood there for at least 10 minutes while he was screwing around on the computer. Well he gave me a copy of the bill where he had circled and yellowed out $160+.... and scratched out the rest of the bill which was an additional $432.00 which looked to be a bill from the Great American Grill which I assume was the restaurant there? My total bill would have been $592 had I of just left.
All the guy said to me when he handed me the bill is, oh they seemed to triple charge you. No I don't think so, I think they put someone else's charges on my bill.
Had I of not asked for a bill, I would have hit the fan when I seen my charge card.
I was very dissapointed after that. I also should have had him run another bill instead of giving me a crossed out bill. Although my charge card was billed correctly. I just thought the guy handled it very poorly.
It may have been one of the upscale hotels for that area, but it wasn't all that great.
We ended up staying at The Inn at Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge! Awesome place! Recommend it highly! What a good move we made! Full hot breakfast was included and it was simply awesome! Very nice, beautiful clean place with an excellent outdoor pool with big slide.

Great for Gatlinburg, O.K. for Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member smokygal

We stayed for our yearly trip to the Smokies, opting for a hotel downtown to reduce fighting traffic and parking. I was so excited to see a new Hilton was available, I didnt hesitate to book the stay. Location was fabulous. The hotel was just o.k. The lobby was very attractive, lodge like. The first room we went to...our suite...the best they have, was dark, small, and had one 1/2 sized window in the bedroom that opened facing the wall of the other side of the building. Front desk staff were not friendly, Housekeeping was extremely friendly, Rooms are so dark and small. Carpeting needs cleaning or replaced...unbelievable for a new Hilton. Desk staff needs customer service training!

Great Hotel in downtown!

by TripAdvisor Member Carolinagirl5483

This hotel is very new and with in walking distance of downtown Gatlinburg. You can park your car and walk to just about anywhere in Gatlinburg. The bathroom is in good condition and the only thing not "great" about this hotel is the carpet. The carpet looks very old compared to the age of the hotel. The flat screen TV's are nice and the desk chair and free internet are great!

in the aquariumin the aquarium

parking lotparking lot

In the courtyard,right in front of the gift shopsIn the courtyard,right in front of the gift shops

Sign in front of Cataloochee creekSign in front of Cataloochee creek

What is the weather like in November??

by jessicaf05

Hi, I have been to Gatlinburg during the summer, but never in the winter. I am going there this year for Thanksgiving and I was hoping to find out how is the weather in usually during Thanksgiving. Do I need to bring snow boots? A really heavy coat? Does it usually snow? Can I ski up there during that time? Please help!!!!!

Re: What is the weather like in November??

by soccergrrl

I have only been there once, but it was just about this time of year (we arrived the day after Halloween). They had already had some snow in the Smokies -- enough to close some of the roads near the top of the park, like to Klingman's Dome. In town, the weather was cool and pleasant during the day and very chilly at night. There were a few snow flurries, but no big storms. I don't know how much colder it will get over the next couple of weeks . . .why not check out weather.com for an extended forecast? Have fun!!

Re: What is the weather like in November??

by vhasouth

We were there last year for Thanksgiving. We had a pretty snowfall the day after Thanksgiving, but it was fairly limited to the Motor Nature Trail up Airport Road. In Gatlinburg we only saw a few furries.

We'll be there again this year. At night, it got COLD! The winter lights were beautiful, got my Christmas card shots there last year.

Hope you have a safe trip and a great Thanksgiving!!

Comments