Gatlinburg Hotels

Our Members Say

• abi_maha profile photo abi_maha
  • Reviews: 584

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gatlin Cabins Online: Picture perfect, stay perfect!!

We had a wonderful stay here, we would recommend this if you are traveling as large groups, we were ten of us, 4 couples and 2 guys, so this 5 bedroom cabin was just the thing for us! It comes with a completely equipped TV room, you need to see it to believe it! A pool table, a hot tub, a fully furnished kitchen, a nice dining area and some really nice sit outs. Once you get to their office in Gatlinburg they give you your access code and a print of detailed route directions to the cabins so getting there is really easy. It is away from the crowded town center and not too far away (less than 4 miles).

t comes with a completely equipped TV room, you need to see it to believe it! A pool table, a hot tub, a fully furnished kitchen, a nice dining area and some really nice sit outs. The TV room is simply awesome! A giant LCD with the most comfortable couches that could accommodate all of us.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 14, 2009

• bigorange1103 profile photo bigorange1103
  • Reviews: 41

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Poplar Ridge Cabin Rentals: In need of seclusion??

Instead of a hotel try out a cabin rental for the full mountain experience!!!!! I have stayed with Poplar Ridge a few times and was always pleased. The cabin was rustic and cozy with a fireplace, jacuzzi, and whirlpool bath. The kitchen was fully stocked which is good for families. You will save alot of money using the kitchen instead of eating out 3 meals a day!!!

We stayed in "Evelyns Escape" and it has a great view. My family has also stayed in "Chipmunk Haven" before and their view was great and cabin a little newer. I would highly recommed this cabin company.

• Written July 26, 2005

Evelyns Escape, 1bdrm and 1 bath

• bigorange1103 profile photo bigorange1103
  • Reviews: 41

Diamond Cabin Rentals: Gatehouse Condos

We decided to go a different route this trip and get a condo. I found a great deal on a condo (offseason) from Diamond Cabin Rentals. Gatehouse is new and just opened in fall of 2004. It is by far the best place we have stayed in the Smokies. The in season prices are a little high but they have GREAT offseason deals!!!!!

We stayed in the very top floor in #703. The view was amazing. The balcony was large and had a view to the right of the city and left was Roaring Fork mountain. It had a large kitchen with granite counter tops. There were 2 large bedrooms, 2 baths and a jacuzzi in the master. The master bedroom had a private entrance to the balcony. The river ran behind the building and we cracked our windows to hear the rushing river while we slept. There is also a pool for the summer travelers!!!!

• Written July 26, 2005

dining and living area of Gatehouse #703

• palmas57 profile photo palmas57
  • Reviews: 91

Cabinfever Vacations. Some of...

Cabinfever Vacations. Some of the nicest log cabins in the area. All cabins are located near Dollywood and out away from the city. Beautiful views. Large deck with chairs, swing and large hot tub. We stayed at a Cabin named Bear Tracks. It is a beautiful cabin and nicely decorated.

• Written August 26, 2002

Cabin Fever Vacations

• VolsUT profile photo VolsUT
  • Reviews: 250

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Several Cheap

Gatlinburg has several hotels fot the budget traveler located throught the town. The town is very small so the cheaper ones will be easy to find. Some of the better ones are The Alta Hotel, Robert E Lee hotel and Mountain Lodge.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 24, 2005

• yallerhammer profile photo yallerhammer
  • Reviews: 28

Bales Motel: Bales Motel

Full season rate, regular room, 2 people: $60.00+tax

Since my family owns the property and I work there, I have to recommend it. It is a small family operated business. We have been in business for over 40 years. We are not fancy, just clean and friendly.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 24, 2002

• HotRodEtte profile photo HotRodEtte
  • Reviews: 375

Days Inn Pigeon Forge: A short, close ride to Gatlinburg

Rather than staying right in town in Gatlinburg, we opted for a Days Inn in nearby Pigeon Forge, which is just about the same amount of tourism as Gatlinburg. Prices were incredible and the rooms were nice and clean with friendly staff. Breakfast was served in the lobby each morning, and was complimentary with our stay.

Outdoor pool. Some rooms had hot tubs in them as well, for an additional $10 per night on top of our regular room rate. Perfect location along the parkway in Pigeon Forge, and it was only about a 15 minute drive into Gatlinburg. All attractions are close by so it was a short drive anywhere you want to go, or if you're willing to brave traffic you could walk to some of the show sites.

• Written October 12, 2008

exterior of hotel

• Bella-va profile photo Bella-va
  • Reviews: 2

Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg: Almost Touching Heaven

Having stayed in the Gatlinburg hotels every year ,we deceided to take a walk on the wild side and rent a cabin this year to fully take advantage of the mountain experience. I have never been more thrilled with a vacation.I definately reccomend everyone to go this venture. It was actually less expensive than the standard hotel room,but with ALL the luxuries. The staff was fantastic,making us feel that they were just waiting for us to arrive.

The cabin looked out at breathtaking LeConte Mt.,I felt that if I could just reach up 4 more feet from our balcony that I would be touching Heaven. We had a deliciously clean cabin with all the amenities that one could possible enjoy from the hot tub on the deck, the jacuzzi,pool table,fully loaded kitchen,and beautiful homemade furniture.We didnt ever want to leave the deck!!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written July 18, 2006

• Looneydame profile photo Looneydame
  • Reviews: 12

Timberwinds Cabin: Perfect for couples

Everything about our stay here was perfect. We spent 4 nights here in August of 2005. Nothing beats relaxing in the hot tub while admiring the view of the valley.

Very private, a great getaway for couples.

Outdoor hot tub
hot tubs in both bedrooms
fireplace
showers built for two ;)
pool table
wonderful view
great location for visiting the great Smoky Mountain National Park and the Ski lodge

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 22, 2006

view from the grill

• chrisjman profile photo chrisjman
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alpine Chalet Rentals: Worst Chalet Customer Service and Maintenance

We have been frequent visitors to the area and wanted to share the beauty and hospitality we experienced with our entire family. Several months ago, we convinced my in-laws, their grandkids, plus my hubby's brother and sister's families to join us in renting a 'chalet' in Gatlinburg. My sister-in-law found Alpine Rentals on the net, and selected their chalet #47 based on photos, amenities, location and price.

The Chalet is on Ski Mt.'s Baden Drive. It offered no view but we got a lower price for that. There were 4 rooms and 3 baths .

The 2 lower bedrooms and bathroom were infested with mold & mildew and under my Mom's bed we found apparent bird droppings and numerous dead insect and even bird parts. Upstairs, the toilet didn't flush and there were definite blood stains on the bathroom walls and possibly the kitchen walls. The sink in our bedroom clogged. The living room walls badly needed paint.

The rental agents at Alpine refused to even consider a price adjustment or even an apology and blamed everything on the owner. Our later talk with him was , in a word, fruitless as he insisted we were making the whole thing up (but we DO have photos). Sadly there are four families and their friends who will shy away from future Gatlinburg visits.

View: very peak of a couple nearby maountains can be seen above trees. It's a pretty ride up the road to the chalet. The balcony/deck needed to view them is badly maintained and you can get splinters on the wood. The barbeque grill is a standard charcoal variety, not gas.

ENTERTAINMENT: Pool table in game room virtually unusable since felt is worn off and balls do not roll. House has two curiously small 17" TV's, one in game room, one in living room. Cable reception is poor. Hot Tub works but no controls avaiulable for temp. and no way to add water. No bug skimmer.

• Written July 11, 2005
Tip Photo

bird stuff & critters under the bed

• EmilyD157 profile photo EmilyD157
  • Reviews: 1

Shuler in Pigeon Forge: Cheaper hotel rooms

They have comfortable beds and nice clean rooms. The rooms are about any where from 69.00 to 79.00 US dollars. If you stay in Gatlingburg your going to pay no less than 120.00 up to 159.00.

The Shuler has a indoor pool and outdoor pool with hottubs at both. Its also in walking distance to restaurants and go carts and arcades.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Family Travel
  • Written November 6, 2007

• BurrGump profile photo BurrGump
  • Reviews: 14

Bales Town and Country Motel: 2003 Bales Motel Stay

I had a great stay at this motel last year around the last week of September. I will be staying here again this year as well. I chose this motel while viewing web pages. I based my choice originaly on the price and location. The rate was very good for a room with queen bed, fridge, microwave, and whirlpool in room. The staff was friendly and were always helpful with questions I had. Being the time of year that I went and it is just before there fall peak season the rates were a great value. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. This is an older motel and it may show on the outside. It is located about a block off of the Parkway so it is a short walk to anything in town.

Only a block from the Parkway and all the restaurants and sight seeing in Gatlinburg. My room had a fridge, microwave, and a whirlpool and was very clean and comfortable.

• Related to: National/State Park, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking
  • Written September 7, 2004

2 queens beds,Fridge,MW,WP

• EarlyTimes2000 profile photo EarlyTimes2000
  • Reviews: 4

Mountain Laurel Chalets: Heavenly Accommodations

When coming to Gatlinburg, most people stay in Hotels in town. I must suggest staying in a chalet or cabin up on the mountain. Most have hot tubs on decks overlooking grand mountain views. All I have stayed in are clean , and effcient. In the winter months, or fall, they supply firewood. These chalets are truly a great experience. They are quiet , and relaxing way from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Splitting the cost with another couple or family, makes this truly affordable.

• Written September 20, 2004

• KaiM profile photo KaiM
  • Reviews: 375

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cheap, cheaper, Gatlinburg

I didn't stay in Gatlinburg over night, but I drove through town and recognized all the motel billboards. It was late November and off season. So most of the motels had great, almost unbeatable offers. Even well-known chains had rooms for as low as $16. I don't know how prices are during holiday season, but in late November it was really cheap. And there was a large variety of motels and thousands of available beds.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written December 8, 2003

• RVRoller profile photo RVRoller
  • Reviews: 10

Ridge Haven: One of Gatlinburg's Pet Friendly Cabins

The biggest question about this place was would the boys (the dogs) like it. They had three stories to play on and, unlike in Nashville, I believe they looked forward to us leaving them alone. They had three stories to play in.

This cabin lived up to its' name for it did sit on a ridge and was immaculate. There was a full size kitchen with every cooking item you needed. A washer, dryer, three bathrooms with enough towels to last several days and a hot tub outside. There was a fireplace in the living room, a game room downstairs with pool table, five televisions, dvd players, and a stero.

I have no complaints and neither did the rest of the family.

We were located practically on the top of a mountain and there was a lot of privacy. Downtown Gatlinburg was only minutes away...shorter if you feel down the side of the mountain.

• Related to: Travel with Pets, Family Travel