Park Vista Resort Hotel

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Best Views of the Smokies

This is where Karen and I stayed when we went to Gatlinburg to make arrangements for our upcoming wedding. It was a cool early spring weekend when the crowds were a little less than usual and the brisk mountain air was invigorating. Ahhh... love and springtime in the Smokies. What could be better!

Unique Quality: The Park Vista stands above the dozens of other hotels in Gatlinburg in a literal sense, perched high on a ridge overlooking the town. It is a full service resort hotel with every desired ammenity. A 15 story atrium soars above the spacious lobby, and every room in the hotel has its own private balcony with splendid views of the mountains and Gatlinburg below. There is a large multi-tiered indoor pool with a seperate wading pool for kids, and a jacuzzi.

Franklin's Bar & Grill and Eleanor's Restaurant, just off the main lobby, are named for the Roosevelts, the president who helped bring the National Park into being and his first lady. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at Eleanors. There is also a large wing of meeting and banquet rooms with space to accomodate gatherings of up to 1,000 people. Once after attending a business dinner at the Park Vista, I went out, just after dark, to see three fat black bears rummaging in the dumpsters across the parking lot from the hotel. The hotel property adjoins the National Park.

Directions: Just before the entrance to National Park and the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.

More about Park Vista Resort Hotel

Thanks Park Vista

Thanks Park Vista for the wonderful hotel you have. I would like to say my family and I really enjoyed the stay. The views from the room was wonderful. The room itself was great. I would recommed this hotel to anyone going to Gatlinburg and plan to stay there again in the future.
Park Vista my I say Thanks Again. Warren Brand

Back every year!

Every year we travel to Gatlinburg, sometimes twice a year. And every year we stay at the Park Vista. Though sometimes we would like to try a different hotel/chalet, etc., we always stay at the Park Vista. Overall, we have enjoyed being there, with the pool, hot tub, game room, something for everyone. The view is wonderful, being above the town, and with the trolleys taking you into town, that is nice. Though, at times, the staff is not always as courteous as they should be or the elevator isn't as fast as it could be, maybe too much chlorine in the pool, everything balances out. We would have to rate Park Vista as a 3-star with areas of improvement but other areas are well worth the stay. Elenour's (restaurant) is wonderful and nicely priced. The view alone is worth coming back for. Give it a try, it will be a memory that lasts, though the parking is definitely a area that needs improvement.

Two thumbs down

The view at Park Vista was breathtaking, but the hotel in itself was much to be desired. For one, the hotel smell of old shoes and mothballs. The floors carpets are dirty and dingy. I heard there was some remodling. Didn't see it. The rooms smelled of old cigar smoke. It just stank! For the money I paid, I wouldn't do it again.

Wonderful Wedding Night Experience

My fiance and I booked this room several weeks in advance of our wedding. Never having been to Gatlinburg before, I didn't know what to expect of the city or of Park Vista. Upon arriving, the staff were courteous and helpful. The glass encased elevator was a nice touch to the lobby. Travelling up and down in the elevator allowed you to see what was happening in other floors of the hotel. Our wedding was a cozy affair, just the 2 of us. We had purchased a small wedding cake from the chapel and decided to take it back to our room at the hotel to enjoy after our evening supper. We realized that we didn't have utensils or plates to eat our cake from and the staff delivered right to our room plates, a knife to cut the cake with, and silverware to eat it with. That shows they go above and beyond their normal call of duty to ensure a comfortable stay. They really helped us make memories of Gatlinburg and our wedding. Thanks, Park Vista for a job well done!

Woderfully Secluded

by TripAdvisor Member Welovefamily

I agree that the drive up the hill to the hotel is steep and curvy, but well worth the end result. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms quite comfortable. My family and I visit Gatlinburg twice yearly and have been staying at the Park Vista for many years. Our older children love the pool and our four year old loves the kiddie pool, the playroom, and the outdoor play area. The room service menu is wonderful, as is Eleanors. The staff is always helpful and extremely courteous. On a few occasions, the cleaning crew was a little late into the afternoon cleaning our room. But they made up for it by staightening our baby's playpen and freshening it with clean sheets and by tucking our four year olds dolls in for a good nap. (Our daughter loved it!) We love that the hotel is away from everything. After a hectic day of attractions and sightseeing, you can come back up the hill and be in your own little world. And yes the views are Fantastic! We have had rooms on all sides of the hotel, but we LOVE the city views at night. Spectacular! The only problems that we have ever encountered are minor. Sometimes the wait for an elevator takes a while. And on occasion one of the elevators may be out of service. Overall, Park Vista is our home away from home when we vacation in the mountains.
Next time you visit Gatlinburg, plan a stay at Park Vista. I believe you will have a wonderful time.

One word. Dirty!

We went to Gatlinburg for a family vacation. We had a great time at the attractions, but we made the mistake of staying at the Park Vista. We had booked 2 days and stayed only one night. We left the next night rather than subject our two little girls to that nasty room, again.
When we arrived one of the beds had been slept in, there was hair in the bathtub and dried stuff on the back of the toilet. Housekeeping came up but they missed the good stuff. The pay movies didn't work on the TV and the carpet had big black stains.
When informed, the staff told us we'd be moved then forgot our room number. When I complained it hadn't been done by 3, when we had been told it would be, I was told it was my fault for not triple checking they had the room number.
The good side is, the restaurant was excellent and they made you feel welcome. The swimming pools and children's activities were great.
But, who wants to sleep in an ant-infested room with a dirty toilet and shower? We don't. Never again! Who knows what other nastiness was there we didn't pick up on.

Not as great as it used to be

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last several years.
Sadly, the quality of service here gets slightly worse every time I visit. The carpets are always filthy, the elevators always crowded (or broken), and the cleaning crew never seems to get the rooms clean before 5 p.m. or so! It's not the worst hotel I've ever been, but it's hardly top-of-the-line, either.

What a view...

Very nice hotel. I don't know if I would classify it as a "resort", but very nice none-the-less. The views are incredible!!! The room we had was 100% glass on the outside wall and we had what had to be at least a seven mile view of the mountains and overlook of the city. I don't know if we will ever have a hotel room with this great of view again! The trolley (only one was running on this line during week days) was always packed, but was great for those who hate to drive (me) and who hate to pay for parking (me again!) The pool was very warm, but the hot tub was not hot at all. The staff was always friendly and the breakfast buffet was very good. Most of the time the elevators were slow (where were they - we were on the sixth floor and they wouldn't pass for minutes at a time). Parking was one item that was very frustrating - folks parked everywhere and anywhere even when there were real parking spots just a little ways away. I wish management would actually inforce the "no parking" areas because it was very difficult to drive around all the cars parked illegally. Obviously folks knew that there was no inforcement, because they totally ignored the fact that there was no spot there.
Other than this, we had a wonderful stay, in a wonderful hotel with wonderful views. I would stay there again just for the great views!!!

Comments