Red Roof Inn Gatlinburg

309 Ownby Street, I-40 at US-441, Exit #407, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Smoky Mountains Tips

My husband and I just returned from our annual Leconte trip and it was AMAZING as always :) The past 3 years we have stayed at Red Roof Inn (the one on the end of the parkway near the national park)it works so well for us because it is so quiet due to it not being right in the midddle of town and it is really clean compared to the place we used to always stay at. Hope this helps!!

P.s. don't forget to take shelled peanuts for the squirrels at the top of Leconte they will come right up into your hand and eat....I am posting pics soon!!

Unique Quality: location, staff, pool, bedding....all outstanding

Directions: right beside the National Park, that's one of the main reasons we love it....we are big hikers!

• Location, Location, Location

We always stay at this red roof inn when in Gatlinburg. My husband and I are avid hikers and try to visit the Smokies each Spring...Red Roof Inn on ownby street is always our choice for lodging. With friendly staff and economical rates, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Unique Quality: pool, breakfast, bedding, staff, location

More about Gatlinburg

Screen in porch with hot tub overlooking the riverScreen in porch with hot tub overlooking the river

Our trip in a nut shellOur trip in a nut shell

waggon on the groundswaggon on the grounds

Primitive Baptist ChurchPrimitive Baptist Church

Where to eat if you only have 1 night in Gatlinburg?

by swdke

Where to eat if you only have 1 night in Gatlinburg? Yes, that's right, we only have one night. :-( Oh well, "better than not at all" I always say. So what do you recommend, where's the place to be? Looking for an all around Smokey Mountain dining experience. Someplace with good food, a variety of food, and someplace you can only find in the Smokeys. After all, we only have one evening meal, so it has to be someplace that makes you feel like your away from home and in the mountains. Thanks.

Re: Where to eat if you only have 1 night in Gatlinburg?

by sabogg01

Well I am not sure if it is only in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge but i really enjoyed eating at Bennetts BBQ. It is the best BBQ that I have ate-ever!

Re: Where to eat if you only have 1 night in Gatlinburg?

by sweetk8

I almost didn't reply only because my comment is somewhat pessimistic about the food choices I remember there being in Gatlinburg when I visited The Smoky Mountain National Park a couple years ago. Coming out of the Park, we encountered "civilization" which consisted of nothing but chain restaurants, theme parks, and commercialization up the wazoo. It was enough to make us want to run back into the woods! After doing some checking on the VT site, a place that sounded good was the Cherokee restaurant. But to each their own...good luck and have a nice holiday. :)

Travel Tips for Gatlinburg

Hiking Paradise

by KaiM

Hiking is a big thing in the Smokies. Just take a short drive east of Gatlinburg to enter the National Park. Once you reached the Great Smoky Mountains more than 850 miles of hiking trails are waiting for you. They range from easy half hour walks to intense week-long backpacking trips. For more information ask at one of the visitor centers.

Mini Golf

by bigorange1103

There are many places to play mini golf in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We visited the mini golf place in Gatlinburg's Regan Terrace Mall. It is right on the strip but you play up the hill. You get some good views of the strip the higher you play!! It also has plaques with Gatlinburg's history along the holes. Nice place to play with the kids!!!!!

Bitlmore Estate Winery

by monica71

Biltmore Estate Winery was one of the places I really wanted to check out while visiting the grounds. I learned a lot about the way wines are made here during the self guided tour of the winery.

At the end of the tour you have the option to taste some of the wines they make here. If you go there with kids and they want to be part of the tasting experience, just ask for plain grape juice.

They also have a Wine Shop here where you can buy some really cool wine accessories, gourmet foods and any kind of Biltmore Wine you can think of!

Authentic Mexican

by vhasouth about LaCarreta

La Carreta is a small establishment that gives you more than your money's worth. We have eaten there on several different trips to Gatlinburg and always leave there feeling stuffed.

The only draw back is the staff is fluent in spanish and kinda limps through english. Asking questions about dishes unless you are fluent in spanish may be difficult. The menu is fairly accurate with descriptions. You should have a good idea of the dish when you order it. This last visit we had a grilled chicken with mushrooms covered in Monterrey Jack cheese. I could not eat it all. The kids had the nachos supreme. They were also stuffed. The tab for 4 dinners and 2 drinks came to around $35.

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies

by krizt

I've only been to a couple of aquariums but this one is the abolute best! Even if you're not an aqarium type person you must see this one! They have dive shows, thousand of different species, over a million gallons of water, and the set up is great- you won't miss a thing.
There is this one aquarium that has tunnels underneath it- it's the largest one of it's kind in the world! There are 10 foot sharks, jellies, fogs, gigantic sting rays, piranhas, creatures from the abyss. And if you have children there is a discovery section for them (I had a lot of fun in it to!)
There are two restraunts, I didn't eat at either one- a little over priced but everything looked good. They have group discount rates and event planning services too.
If you're in Gatlinburg you must stop here!

Check ut my Gatlinburg travelogues for more pics of aquarium!

Adults: $20