Riverhouse At The Park

205 Ski Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

More about Riverhouse At The Park

Classic Gatlinburg Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FamilyGetaways

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay here. We were impressed with the size and cleanliness of our third floor room overlooking the creek. Our three year old daughter enjoyed watching the birds and the water from the balcony. Yes, the hotel is a bit dated in terms of room decor -- but the whole town of Gatlinburg is a bit dated, so the room simply adds to the "charm" of Gatlinburg. For those looking for 5 star service, Gatlinburg is likely not for you, regardless of where you stay. I would describe the staff as efficient --- not necessarily friendly or rude. The free morning donuts and OJ promptly delivered to our room upon request were a nice touch. We have stayed at several Gatlinburg hotels and we have finally found one that we will return to in this one.

Reception Depends on Who's Working the Desk!

Whenever I go to Gatlinburg I always stay at the Riverhouse at the Park. The rooms are large and clean; the doughnuts and fresh orange juice are delicious; the atmosphere is very comfortable and usually the overall reception is great. On my last visit in November, a new lady was working the front desk. She was less than hospitable, actually downright hateful. I will certainly return to this hotel again, but if she is there it will be my last visit.

Great place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sarah1104

Riverhouse at the park is clean, and the rooms are huge! Oddly designed, and certainly dated, but plenty of space, nice balconies and fireplaces in every room.

Breakfast is a treat with wonderful doughnuts and fresh OJ.

I must agree on the very hateful woman that works the front desk at times, I think there were three people when we visited, two were nice, (especially Dwight - he knows EVERYTHING about the town, and couldn't be more helpful!) but this woman was really not helpful or kind on the phone or in person.

I would stay here again though, and just ignore her :)

I love this place!

by TripAdvisor Member izeesmom

We stayed for 3 nights in a basic room. Their basic room has a fireplace and whirlpool tub so it was outstanding for $43 a night! It was really clean and comfortable. The rooms are huge too! Breakfast was good and delivered to your room within a minute after you call for it. I have stayed at many different places in Gatlinburg and this is the best by far!

We really enjoyed our stay

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we stayed at Riverside at the Park. We were really happy with the rooms. They were huge and very clean. We also had a nice view of the river from our balcony. They also have great donuts and orange juice that they delivered within minutes after you call them and they were very friedly to us our entire stay. We would definitely stay there again.

Would reccommend to anyone

We stayed at Riverhouse at the park Memorial Day weekend in the King Grand room with the hot tub and balcony. The room and staff were superb. The continental breakfast delivered to your room was as expeidaint as eveyrone said it was, and the homemade doughnuts were great. The room is a little dated as fasr as decor but I think it fits in nicely with the town. Definatly a great place to stay in Gatlinburg!!!!

A great place to relax!

by TripAdvisor Member LanesMomma

My husband and I stayed the 31st of May to the 3rd of June. It was a great hotel! We stayed in a standard riverside room, with a fireplace and a balcony over the river.We paid $83 a night and was a Great deal. The rooms were large and we slept really well on the king bed. The porch was so relaxing and peaceful. The breakfast was also a plus. Very large bathrooms which had a whirpool, which I dont see in other hotels.It was a little off the main Parkway but by no means too far from town. It made for a nice walk without having to be surrounded by people. Overall...I will make sure to stay here again!

Awesome room with a view

by TripAdvisor Member apointintime

We found the staff at the front desk quite pleasant, friendly, and helpful. The room being dated added a wonderful charm, the fireplace was a surprise and the view ranked an A++++++++++ not to mention what a clean room and great dougnuts we enjoyed. As far as I am concerned this is the ONLY place to stay in Gatlinburg.

Outstanding!

In a word, our experience at the Riverhouse at the Park was outstanding! From our arrival to our checkout 3 days later, we had not even the slightest regret of our choice in accommodations, the first for both my wife and I at this fine establishment. Our thoughts and opinions are categorized below.

CLEANLINESS: Outside of some renowned 5 star hotels, I have yet to encounter a room this clean. The housekeeping staff was not only thorough, but so efficient that we went out to breakfast one morning around 8:00, and our room was already made-up when we returned a little more than an hour later.

FRIENDLINESS: Every staff member we encountered was courteous, from the front desk staff to the kind woman who brought us our breakfast every morning.

ROOM: The room we stayed in (210) was absolutely HUGE, and is apparently indicative of all of the rooms overlooking the river. The bathroom had up to date fixtures and a decent sized whirlpool tub. The water pressure in the shower was good, and the counter space around the sink was more than ample. The refrigerator was big enough to keep food and drinks cold for a stay of several days, and the microwave was bigger than we expected. The king sized bed was comfortable, and the mattress seemed relatively new. The balcony was large as well, and had two fairly comfortable chairs to sit in. We had a corner room that overlooked both the river and Ski Mountain Rd., so we did hear traffic noise more than other rooms may have, but otherwise the balcony was a relaxing place to spend some time.

BREAKFAST: I’ve read other reviews on this site that gave the continental breakfast great reviews, and we now agree wholeheartedly. Not only were the donuts (made on the premises) and orange juice (fresh squeezed) very good, but they were literally delivered to our room within 30 seconds of calling for them on all 3 mornings of our stay.

Overall, we’d highly recommend Riverhouse to anyone, and will most certainly stay there again should we travel to Gatlinburg.

A week at the Riverhouse

by TripAdvisor Member notraveling

We spend the first week in August at the Riverhouse at the park.
It was very clean, large rooms, but dark. The rooms were dark paneling. We had plan to do a lot of reading, but rooms were to dark and only 1 lamp by a chair to read.
The breakfast was great and the ladies that brought it were so nice.
Close to everything, but not in the middle. Nice long walk from 1 end of town to the other since we enjoy walking it was nice.
We had the river under the balacony where we enjoy watching the fish and hearing the water going over the rocks.
Nice quiet place.